Dynadot

G'day Everyone! - I'm iLawless - Here to learn! - Advice Appreciated!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

iLawless

Established Member
Impact
Hi Everyone!

I'm iLawless and I am uncomfortably, comfortably out of my depth. I'm eccentric, spontaneous and I write long (hopefully humorous) messages! I'm down in Adelaide in South Australia. I like to dive into new things hard and learn as I go. Nothing better than a challenge. I did a philosophy and anthropology degree a couple of years back to challenge myself, and the challenge that came with that has worn off now! My back ground before that is in marketing and business development, but more on the old skool end of the spectrum. Covid-19 has seen me placed on extended leave because of reduced duties and illness (I have ADHD, PTSD and SAD, and it's been playing up bad lately), so I thought I'd have a go at the domain game (after finding out it is actually a thing!) to pass the time and hopefully make an income. I've taught myself some basic coding and still learning more. The domain game though, is completely foreign to me. I see the potential, but I'm yet to convince my wife that any of the money I've forked out will come back! I have faith!

I've built a portfolio of about 950 domains over the past couple of months and am adding to it daily. I am yet to sell any. I've made an entire dollar through parking 🤑. It has been trial and error with a combination of generic alternative TLD's (forklift.agency, euro.bargains, stylish.bike etc.) which have given me a great portfolio value on EstiBot (I know that the value is subjective and probably not as high as EstiBot estimates, but it's nice to pretend that I own over $1M in intangible investment assets 🤣 🤑 🤣 🤑 🤣 ), more recently I'm playing the deleted domain game trying to stock up on good brandable names and descriptive traffic domains.

I've decided that I prefer the deleted .com game as they come with history and traffic, so I am going to focus on those moving forward. I have a couple of ideas in mind. In the mean time though, I need to start selling my generics. I want to sell them fast and for an ok price. I know I'm not going to get top dollar if I sell fast, but I need some cash flow to continue buying deleted stock and to create the business model I have finally settled on. I'm not sure whether to sell them individually at basement prices or whether to sell them as a lot or lots. I'll make a post in the appraisal section with a few of them to see what everyone thinks (or if anyone wants to buy some?).

I have heaps of learning to do still, so any tips and advice are always welcome and appreciated (unless it's condescending! I'm easy going, but I don't like smug arrogance). I especially need to learn what all the metrics and abbreviations are; there are so many!

I'd like to give a shout out of thanks to @Rob Monster from @Epik.com who has patiently helped me with some advice as I have forged out an unknown path forward.

My 15 year old son who is a natural at all things tech and online thinks that I have wasted my time and money! I'm ready to prove him wrong!

Cheers for the help and advice that I'm sure will come. I'm looking forward to being a successful member of this community!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome, @iLawless
Really like your philosophy: every problem - a challenge.
You'll encounter a lot of such in domaining. Be prepared!
Good luck.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back