Dynadot

discuss Four Character .Com - When will they all be gone?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jacks86

Top Member
Impact
Interesting how LLLL.com and NNNN.com are all hand registered. But what about the remaining combinations, how long until all those are gone too?

If you combine them there are 27 letters and 10 numbers,

37 X 37 X 37 X37 = 1,874,161

We know that there are 531,441 LLLL and 10000 NNNN taken.

1,874,161(total) - 531,441(LLLL) - 10000(NNNN) = 1,332,720 possible L & N four character combinations. Sounds like quite a bit, but considering how fast all the number domains went, it's possible that the remaining 4 character .com's could be gone in a couple months.

Thoughts out there?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's been a while since someone posted here. Any status report as to when all the CCCC.com will be gone? There has to be less than 1 million out of possible 1.875 million

I think LLNN and NNLL are almost gone, then LNNN, NLLL, NLNL, LNLN, LLNL, NNLN are all starting to get picked at. Only thing left after that is hyphens.

LNNL & NLLN. One of my highest traffic domains is an LNNL

•••
I'm only investing in LLNN NNLL NNNL LNNN because they are easier to type and to remember.

•••
It's been a while since someone posted here. Any status report as to when all the CCCC.com will be gone? There has to be less than 1 million out of possible 1.875 million

I think LLNN and NNLL are almost gone, then LNNN, NLLL, NLNL, LNLN, LLNL, NNLN are all starting to get picked at. Only thing left after that is hyphens.
LLLN and NLLL as well my friend

•••
There's 1.85 million possible character combos for CCCC.OM

26 Letters
10 Numbers
+ the Hyphen

Any idea how many of these are left?

•••
•••
Well I guess there are lots but I mean LLLL are long gone and that's 456K out of the 1.85M, then LLNN and NNLL are almost done I think. After that you got NLLL, LNNN, LLLN, NNNL there will be some for sure, after that LNLLL, NLNN, LNNL, NLLN, and so forth.

Do you think we'll ever get through that list and all of them will get hand reg'd?

•••
You cannot compare the LLLL's to 4C's, no I don't think all will get regged, but most of them, over time

•••
Not comparing, just saying that out of the 1.85 million possible combinations with CCCC.com, LLLL.com make up 456K of that. Because those are long gone, there's only around 1.4 million. Then you take out the LLNN and NNLL(hypothetically speaking if they were all taken), that's another 137K in CCCC.com taken. so it all adds up.

•••
•••
The LLLL's are easier to use

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back