Dynadot

question Ever use a fake company intro to sell a domain? (Not what you think!)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
so the question was.

Anyone ever try a using a fake company intro to sell a domain?

let me explain. No. I'm not talking about those spammy Chinese or India offshore services trying to sell you close to expiring domains.

I'm talking about your own outgoing emails to endusers.

hear me out. I was thinking what if instead of sending out email after email of abcde.com for sale and saying how great it is. why not give the potential enduser a "real world" example for your domain?

Nothing (I think) is better than showing them the "intro" for a domain to be used by a company.

I'm sure you've all seen the intro's of companies using their domains.

for example say like Chicken.com

"At Chicken.com we serve only thee best Organic Free Range Chicken on the planet! Our Chickens are happy Chickens. We feed them nothing but the best organic feeds with no pestisides. No expense was spared to provide you thee best Chicken in the world! We can ship our Chicken right to your door in vacuum sealed packaging. We can also season our chicken with one of our 12 proprietary blends of herbs and spices. Live life healthier and free of GMO's. At Chicken.com you know the peace of mind knowing you are eating the Best Chicken money can buy. Healthy = Long Live. You can live a little? or you can Life longer! Your Choice really! Want the best for your family? Then buy Chicken from Chicken.com! You'll be glad you did!"

cmon! if you gave some Chicken company that pitch?

what do you think? is it a stupid idea? or what?

The intro above could in "theory" be tweaked to use for pretty much any domain. At the very least it won't be the typical domain sales email I usually get.

like " blahblahblah.com is for sale. $50K or best offer. Thanks."

sounds so impersonal and robotic. comes off spammy right off the bat.

sure it's easy and efficient because it's generic. just send it out with no name of the person you are emailing it to (in most cases) and see who bites.

most companies (I'm guessing) want real world applications for the domain you are trying to sell them. and what's better than a company intro for the domain?

besides most endusers think we just pulled these domains out of thin air and that they could have come up with it themselves and therefore you don't deserve to get whatever price you are asking for it. ( but I bet you they are kicking themselves for not thinking it faster than you did!)

Opinions wanted. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good names sell for themselves, no need to cheat. End users get it or they don't.
The best sales pitch is... the domain itself.

•••
Good names sell for themselves, no need to cheat. End users get it or they don't.
The best sales pitch is... the domain itself.

yes thanks this is understood by all. but even the pros with huge inventories of one word .com's have trouble how much more for the little guy?

is what I said well. stupid to try? or waste of time? I honestly want to know. thanks. and thanks for the input as always.

•••
I think it's probably a waste of time. If the domain ain't attractive enough, nobody will buy it. Physical products are easier to sell because they are tangible and the lack of quality can be concealed to some extent. With domains it's not possible, they are raw products. The domain has to speak for itself. Your sales pitch is too long and looks like spam. If you are going to reach out to end users you need to go straight to the point and leave the marketing spin for later if they are interested.

•••
let me explain. No. I'm not talking about those spammy Chinese or India offshore services trying to sell you close to expiring domains.

Fraud is there in the whole world.

•••
It's not a "fake company" you talk about, it's an "example company" :)

•••
I think it's probably a waste of time. If the domain ain't attractive enough, nobody will buy it. Physical products are easier to sell because they are tangible and the lack of quality can be concealed to some extent. With domains it's not possible, they are raw products. The domain has to speak for itself. Your sales pitch is too long and looks like spam. If you are going to reach out to end users you need to go straight to the point and leave the marketing spin for later if they are interested.

agreed. you are right. can use this if they reply. Thanks.

•••
Fraud is there in the whole world.

agreed. I correct myself. thanks.

but sure are alot from those countries. True story.

•••
It's not a "fake company" you talk about, it's an "example company" :)

correcy. this thread was created quickly. should have used example company instead. oh well too late to change. Thanks.

•••
•••
Out of curiosity, why do you ask so many lengthy dumb questions on here? Do you have nothing else to do all day other than to sit around thinking up these questions?

•••
Out of curiosity, why do you ask so many lengthy dumb questions on here? Do you have nothing else to do all day other than to sit around thinking up these questions?

I have things to do obviously most of which is come up with things "out the box" to make a sale. I run it by NP first since this is where the "Pros" are.....unless this isn't where the Pros are which in that case by your suggestion I'll stop doing that.

so is THAT what you are implying? that NP is the wrong place to ask any question? dumb or smart? by default a question is design by the asker to because he or she does not have an answer to. so by default a question is "dumb" so to speak.

if questions were "smart" then they would have answered themselves and there's no need to post them on NP.

so your answer is in your question

yes I do ask "dumb questions".

So basically you are saying that Newbies shouldn't ask dumb questions on NP?

if that's the case I want a refund then? can I reference you my friend?

and since you also "asked a question"?.................................. fill in the blanks.

•••
If you have a different angle to a name that might not have been thought of, that might be of interest to give an example site of. Eg. A couple corny ones on your chicken.com:

"CHIckens.com are about CHI - 'vital energy that is held to animate the body internally and is of central importance in some Eastern systems of medical treatment'

CHIckens.com is about a healthy CHI alternative to KFC.

Another example - dictionary word medusa: Could also be read/promoted as MedUSA. 'One kills, the other saves'. One way to stick a brand in people's minds and give the basis for maybe creating a good visual hammer: http://www.ries.com/books/visual-hammer/

•••
If you have a different angle to a name that might not have been thought of, that might be of interest to give an example site of. Eg. A couple corny ones on your chicken.com:

"CHIckens.com are about CHI - 'vital energy that is held to animate the body internally and is of central importance in some Eastern systems of medical treatment'

CHIckens.com is about a healthy CHI alternative to KFC.

Another example - dictionary word medusa: Could also be read/promoted as MedUSA. 'One kills, the other saves'. One way to stick a brand in people's minds and give the basis for maybe creating a good visual hammer: http://www.ries.com/books/visual-hammer/

okay................?? lol thanks?

•••
by default a question is design by the asker to because he or she does not have an answer to. so by default a question is "dumb" so to speak.

Perhaps you need to understand the difference between a question and an intelligent question. Anyone can ask loads of stupid questions (such as what color is the grass, what color is the sun, etc.)...but there is no need to ask these kinds of questions. Likewise, I've noticed most of the questions you ask can be answered with basic common sense...therefore, they don't really need to be asked.
The idea is to advance to asking intelligent questions, questions that really will generate a good conversation and where everyone is better off for it being asked.

•••
•••

also I think my dumb questions are useful to some on here. indicated by all the likes and thanks some of my posts get.

can you say the same? what do you contribute to NP except one liner jokes?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Another 5 minutes of my life wasted :xf.laugh:

•••
like someone said good domain speaks for itself..
marketing strategies are not that good for domains but there are also some crazy sales...i think mike mann sold the domain vangoghsear.com for 2400$..
that's how the domain business going maybe a domain that has no value for someone but it has a value of xxxx to someone else

•••
can you say the same?

Yes, as you can see by the number of likes I received. I have 238 likes with a total of 298 posts...that's 80%. You on the other hand have far more posts because you post stuff like this, yet you have only 2,583 like for 3,947 posts...or about 65%. So yes, I like to...and do, help. Simple math.

•••
Yes, as you can see by the number of likes I received. I have 238 likes with a total of 298 posts...that's 80%. You on the other hand have far more posts because you post stuff like this, yet you have only 2,583 like for 3,947 posts...or about 65%. So yes, I like to...and do, help. Simple math.

you do realize justification is flawed right?

my 65%? by numbers alone blows out your 80% out the water.
not showing off here but 238 likes vs. 2,583 likes?

am I missing something here?

if you sold 238 domains and I sold 2,583 domains? who's the winner here? again not showing off.

I would laugh but that would be rude. look bottomline? I don't go searching you out to drop insults or jokes. not my style.

yes probably something wrong with me. yes probably got too much time on my hands writing stupid questions on NP.

That's my excuse.

so what's your excuse to come here and not contributing to the conversation?

I'd be in the right to report you for useless posts. but. I'm a nice guy. I welcome all comments. so my conscience is clear here.

so please continue show yourself in public here where the world can see. be my guest. I won't report you. just give you more rope to hang yourself.

moving forward....NEXT!

•••
by the way? I bet there are plenty of Newbies on NP who don't want to look STUPID asking STUPID questions for fear some guy like you will breathe down their necks for it.

So I'll do it for them.....

at one time or another. everyone on here was a Newbie. you guys seem to forget that once your all "Established". that's still no excuse for being uncivilized.

I've seen plenty of ridiculous created threads on NP that simply waste Bandwidth. I feel confident my threads aren't that stupid compared to those. (I think?)

Last edited:
•••
you do realize justification is flawed right?

my 65%? by numbers alone blows out your 80% out the water.
not showing off here but 238 likes vs. 2,583 likes?

am I missing something here?

You're obviously missing math. A HIGHER percent of my posts (even if I have less overall posts because I have a life outside of this forum), receive likes than yours do. That means I have a higher APPROVAL than you do. If a president of a nation of 50 million people has 45 million citizens that support him, versus a president of a nation of 500 million people has only 60 million people who support him...who is the winner? The president in the first example, because he has a higher APPROVAL rating than the president in the second example, even though the president in the second example actually has more supporters if you look at the actual number. Understand now?

•••
You're obviously missing math. A HIGHER percent of my posts (even if I have less overall posts because I have a life outside of this forum), receive likes than yours do. That means I have a higher APPROVAL than you do. If a president of a nation of 50 million people has 45 million citizens that support him, versus a president of a nation of 500 million people has only 60 million people who support him...who is the winner? The president in the first example, because he has a higher APPROVAL rating than the president in the second example, even though the president in the second example actually has more supporters if you look at the actual number. Understand now?

yea yea. once you get to my Level of posting. come at me bro. until then? go to the kiddie table.

by your words I have contributed 3,947 times to NP and you are contributed 298 posts. yet you come here on the basis that my posts are in short useless? so my 3,947 posts are useless and your 298 posts are useful?

That right? useful or not. NP now has more CONTENT because of me that's now circling around on the internet readily searchable via Google.

My contributions likes or no likes helps add content to NP. it gets people talking. even if it's mostly hate against me. every post I make? that people view? that's a page with ADS that NP makes money from. that money keeps this Forum PAID keeping it OPEN so that guys like you can come here and crack jokes.

UNDERSTAND NOW?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back