Domain Empire

Emails from domainers selling crap names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

biggie

GreenFriendly.comTop Member
Impact
i thought it would be real nice to share some of the emails i receive from fellow domainers trying to sell their crappy names.

hopefully, some of you will read these and stop sending or see the mistakes they make so you won't make them too.

here is one from Andrew Brad, and if he is a member here...he's a clown! why? because he included every other email address he sent this mail to. thus one could harvest his list and spam them too.

To whom it may concern,

The premium generic aged domain FREDLOYAINSURANCE.NET is up for sale and I am emailing several parties that have registered similar domains OR use "[fredloya], [fredloya insurance], [loya insurance], [fred loya claims], [fredloya locations] etc." as keywords in their advertising campaigns.This is a 6-year old domain, with no drops since it was registered in 2006.

According to the Google Traffic Estimator the keywords ‘Fredloya Insurance’ receive over 40,500 searches every month, thus making this a high SEO premium domain worth thousands of dollars.

Right now, the asking price for FredLoyaInsurance.net is just $250, and is available on a first-come-first-served basis. Yes, you read it right, $250 ONLY.

This is a great opportunity to acquire a great domain at a throw-away price. If you have any questions don't hesitate to send me an email or call me directly at +91. 939-2774-412.

All transactions will held either via Paypal or via the secure services of Escrow.com.

Best regards,

Andrew Brad

Domain Broker, FredloyaInsurance.net

+91. 939-2774-412

if any of you receive such emails, feel free to post them so we can expose the spammers.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My name is Ashley Goldberg and I am a Business Development Manager for FabDomain.com, a Premium Domain Name seller. Congratulations on purchasing pinkdigitalcamera.com. We are offering the keyword-rich domain name WebCamerasLive.com to match your portfolio and we have thousands of other premium domains that dominate their categories.

This domain name is a premium in its' category and can become a powerful brand with direct searches that can start bringing traffic almost immediately.

Only one party can own this strategic domain name. This domain will be sold to the first party that completes the sale.

Please contact us at premium [at] namesells.com to purchase this and other premium domains or to find out how this domain can help your business.

Kind regards,

Yeah, thanks, appreciate it. Because I own PinkDigitalCamera.com, it would be lovely to also own WebCamerasLive.com. Notice how often she mentions it as a 'premium' name. And thanks for mentioning it gets direct searches. Those 30 exact monthly searches will really help me and I will definitely email you to see how this premium domain can 'help my business'. Oh and can you say 'form letter', boys and girls? Her 'congratulations on purchasing PinkDigitalCamera' is only about 4 or 5 years too late, I think I bought it in '09 or '10.

Business Development Manager for FabDomain.com, a Premium Domain Name seller
This is domainer-speak for she lives in her parents' basement or attic, has a whole bunch of reg fee names, doesn't know how to buy usable domains, and can only think of spamming as a way to try unload her portfolio of crapola domains.

we have thousands of other premium domains that dominate their categories
If by 'dominate their categories' you mean you've spent more than anyone else on useless reg fee domains in certain categories, I understand and I sympathize. However, your website shows a list of only 43 domains, so I guess that's a lie? Although in all fairness, a few of those 43 domains aren't too bad. And domaintools says the registrant (see below) owns about 300 domains.

Oh, is Ashley Goldberg a different way of spelling:
Registrant Name: kseniya dzigava
Same registrant on fabdomain.com, webcameraslive.com, namesells.com (the latter is simply parked at godaddy), and the domains for sale on that site. The real registrant is all over the net as a business development manager and similar titles, while the name ashley goldberg only brings up an artsy person who draws and stuff.

Funny thing is their professional website selling premium domains; even the customer service page is hogwash, every heading has that 'filler' text used by millions of sample pages. For example, here is the shipping and delivery text:
Shipping & Delivery
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Morbi luctus. Duis lobortis. Nulla nec velit. Mauris pulvinar erat non massa. Suspendisse tortor turpis, porta nec, tempus vitae, iaculis semper, pede. Cras vel libero id lectus rhoncus porta. Suspendisse convallis felis ac enim. Vivamus tortor nisl, lobortis in, faucibus et, tempus at, dui. Nunc risus. Proin scelerisque augue. Nam ullamcorper. Phasellus id massa. Pellentesque nisl. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Nunc augue. Aenean sed justo non leo vehicula laoreet. Praesent ipsum libero, auctor ac, tempus nec, tempor nec, justo.

This thread isn't just about domainers selling crap names... it's domainers trying to sell you a whole website and business plan of hogwash and lies. Please find a business plan that is honest and which actually works.

Anyway, as you can tell I have a little time on my hands. Now, time to cook dinner. Have a very nice day :)

•••
New player in town and a repeat spammer too:

Subject: Sell your domains at a premium
Dear Hostmaster,

You are losing money by sitting on your domains. We've had thousands of sellers use our domain marketplace to attract premium bids for their website.

Come see why more and more sellers are signing up with Undeveloped. Signing up just takes a minute. https://undeveloped.com/users/signup

Andres

•••
Want to say something to the domainers that like to send outbound emails. I like sometimes to do it to. When I started domaining in 2008, there were not a lot of domainers who did it. I remember there were topics where people asked how to send these emails etc. Well it worked at least for me, through some nice years. But throught years the situation is changed dramatically because everybody became to send these emails automatically to everyone. And you know it hurts the business generally. Yours too.
As an example: a week ago registered nice bigcity + profession name and sent emails to few potential endusers, made these emails individual. Today I am getting an email from a domain spammer who is sending an email with profession + bigcity (like mine) to me. Well, I won't buy it for sure, and if this guy would at least check who damn it is data - he would for sure understand that I am a domainer too.
So, if somene from these spammers is reading this topic - make your emails individual, targerted on right buyers, because in a current situation with this automatical spam emails you won't sell anything and more - you would hurt also my (or someone else's) business.

•••
•••
[email protected]
City: San Francisco
IP: 24.7.56.4

[email protected] is a spammer who sends cookie-cutter bulk messages and tries to buy your domains for $10.00 USD.

Don't waste your time if you receive an inquiry.

•••
Hi

My name is Jenifer, I am contacting you because I have found out that you have a similar domain name.
Would you like to obtain the torontoeyegym dot com from me?

Kindly let me know.

Thanks.

•••
yesterday I email Mr Jhon! and today Mr. Jhon, Send me Spam offer :(

Lmaoooo

Huahuaha

•••
When I had a bunch of plumbing related domains like cheapwaterheaterrepair and saltlakeplumber I use to get tons of emails from domainers that had "similar" domain names like cheaphotwaterheaterfix and fastcheapwaterheaterrepair and wanted to know if I was interested in buying them.

That is legit, if you ask me, but only if they are offering those "similar" domains at the reseller price.

We all actually search for a buyer, not necessary for an end-user. Of course it is ideal that the buyer is also an end-user as it should refelct on the price.

Someone might seen that you have bought a similar domain, or that you hold similar domains, and get the impression that you are interested in that specific niche. No matter if you are collecting those similar domain with the intention of reselling, you might be a buyer just as some end-user. I dont see any problems in contacting other domainers, but the price should be at the reseller range in that case.

I dont like getting e-mails from other domainers selling some "similar domains", but I completely understand and approve that.

Those of you who have been critising other "domainers selling crap" are simply prudish, unless you never do outbounds. Apple executives might consider Gadgets.com as a crap and you might consider them as an end-user. Both sides have the right on their opinion.

All the outbounds are spam and selling crap, or they are all the rightful way of selling domains. The exception is only when you offer a carpet cleaning related domain to a bank, or something like that.

I personally tend to offer my domains to end-users, but if, for example, I have Chicago/Furniture/Store in king and I saw that some domainer purchased somewhere Chicago/Furniture/Shop in king for $500, and I am happy with $500 for my domain, why on Earth I would not have the rightful thinking that he might be also interested in my domain at the same price, even knowning he is a domainer and he collects domains for reselling purposes.

You can critise outbounds as a way of selling, but it is prudish to critise "other domainers selling crap", and especially to publish their private info online. If you never did any outbound then OK, but if you did then dont critise others, even if their domains are not great.

•••
I stopped reading the email at "To whom it may concern"

•••
They are being submitted through 2 forms
Somebody told me that, instead of adding the stupid g captcha asking to find fire hydrants or buses, he just added 1 extra form field: "are you robot? please answer yes or no". And, after processing only appropriate human submissions, he noticeably decreased the level of form spam. I did not try this method yet, but it sounds interesting :)

Last edited:
•••
Here's an interesting situation, I received this tonight...

...and then did some searching: Check out these results in Google. It looks like he sent a ton of spammy emails to ICANN during the "Public Comment: Trademark Protection (IRT Final Report)" (index of emails found here on ICANN's website). At least I think that's what's going on here...:?: P.S. His LinkedIn.

Getting a lot of SPAM from [email protected] and [email protected] lately. Garbage domains for sale. Reported to Spam Cop.
How to report incoming spam via SpamCop.net such as unsolicited domain offers SEO offers any Spam

•••
There are times when I am happy to receive the spam... These spammers mostly send crap domains, but sometimes they do send domains nice names. Although that happens very rarely.

When they send a nice name, all I do is not reply to the email, and then wait and watch the domain drop, and get it myself. :D Sometimes it is at expiring auction, and I secure it there if I really want it.

So while it is frustrating to see all this spam, it has been helpful on several occasions.

Just wanted to say thanks to these spammers. (I won't say thanks via email :lol:)

:wave:

•••
Don't you get annoyed when domainers try to sell you their domains that look "similar" to yours, when your own domain is clearly for sale?

With the webpage on my domain sporting a "This Domain is for Sale" banner in screaming bold fonts, do i actually look like an End-User that i would buy another domainer's domain that is similar to mine?

That, or these kind of domainers don't even lookup the webpage where the domain is pointing to. They just harvest email addresses from whois, then spam them with solicitation letters.

•••
I agree... BUT... As a new fellow in this market, trying to get the right way, I feel that it is very difficult to try and find the "buyer" without looking like "another " guy that sell domains. God forbid of course hoping not to look like a spammer.
So all of you with the great experience, what is the right way? I'm afraid that a sellers motivation is not enough.
*** assuming that the domain names are not the problem :)

I don't know how you do it in US, but here in Germany there are extremely harsh rules about email. If you send an email which was not requested by the receiver of the email before, you can end up paying 1K to his lawyer, if he should complain. This is too much imo, but thats how it is. So we don't send thousands of emails a day. So we also searched for alternatives, and one think i do, is that i actually mail letters to the managing director or marketing manager. It costs me 55 cents per letter but sometimes its worth it. And its also more professional than emails.

•••
I was looking for similar info and came across this thread.
First of all, I cannot understand how guy who is so long member makes a mountain out of molehill. I totally agree with Werty.

From time to time I am also sending emails that way and do not see anything wrong about that. As long as I do not do that repeatedly and email the same people.
How we can find end users if we do not ask them?
Can anyone give me an advice, please?

And how many sales have you made that way, zero?

Only contact endusers that you have pre-qualified as being a business or individual that would actually benefit from owning your ONE specific domain.

I got that same spam email of .co names and it is a waste of my time, just because I own a couple .co domains doesn't mean that I'm interested in other random .co domains. I was also contacted with the exact same email as was sent to Brad (from 'wang'), he qualified me based on our domains having the same keyword. It's a great keyword, but, it is a Spanish keyword and he owns the .in!

People need to be realistic and realize that if you can't find qualified endusers for your domains you need to re-evaluate how you buy your domains and not focus on how to off load crap. Eat the losses and focus on quality.

•••
Only contact endusers that you have pre-qualified as being a business or individual that would actually benefit from owning your ONE specific domain.
:bingo:
Start by contacting actual end-users and not other domainers!
You are the seller from those retarded emails, I'm pretty sure. Man, this is a sad little dance you're in.
Yes, people pitching domains need to understand there is a difference between contacting "end users" and just blasting an email out to whoever.
2) Should know what a good domain is as 99% of the ones I receive they would have a hard time selling to an end user for $10 as the quality is so bad.
Good names sell for themselves, if you need to spam then your business model sucks.

Recently I had a minor brush with another person, it was just the same type of issue. He contacted me and we were able to resolve the matter amicably. The difference is that the guy was professional at all times and actually earned my respect. I know he's legit and in spite of that incident he's somebody I trust enough to do business with in the future. People show their true colors when confronted with the truth.

•••
•••
Twice in a row from the same source.

Subject: clasificados.dk
Hllo
Friends, if you because of your site without a good domain name was not a significant grade website regret or anxious?we found that the domain( clasificados.dk )is will help your business.If you have any question,you can email to [email protected] .At last,Sorry for the disturb if any
Best gards
Wang
========================================================================================

Contact InformationShaoyang Digital Equipment Co.,LTD
Web: http://www.xjxj.Net
Escrow.com ID : [email protected]
Address: Room 503 Shaoshui Dong Road.Shaoyang City
Zip: 422000
MSN ID: [email protected]

Subject: Highly searched keyword domains clasificados.it for sale
Hllo
Friends, if you because of your site without a good domain name was not a significant grade website regret or anxious?we found that the domain( clasificados.it )is will help your business.If you have any question,you can email to [email protected] .At last,Sorry for the disturb if any
Best gards
Wang
========================================================================================

Contact InformationShaoyang Digital Equipment Co.,LTD
Web: http://www.xjxj.Net
Escrow.com ID : [email protected]
Address: Room 503 Shaoshui Dong Road.Shaoyang City
Zip: 422000
MSN ID: [email protected]

The domains are actually registered. I hope they will be dumb enough to renew them and be stuck with worthless domains :|

•••
If these idiots sending this crap would put forth any effort to actually finding an end-user, along with composing a viable, relevant and worthwhile email, then we wouldn't be profiling them on here because they would be emailing end-users, not other domainers!

Noobs are one thing, but these jokers are merely spamming other domainers in an attempt at either phishing or hacking. Most likely very few, if any at all, are legit domainers trying to make a sale or earn a living.

•••
0sms.com
0voip.com
voip7.com
call-talk.com

i think that you might be interested in one, am asking "$400" for one domain.

phone: +201004849858
email: [email protected]
name: Ahmed Taha Mohammed Taha
addr: 15 El-hakim st Ain-Shams Cairo , Egypt
That's really like begging for money. It's so sad, pathetic, and embarrassing at the same time because domainers are lumped together in the same flock. It's like picking up a bottlecap in the street. Then knocking doors in every home saying, 'i have a bottlecap here that you might be interested in, i'm asking $400 dollars... give me some money... i beg you, please'.

This is why, if you are going to do this same emailing stuff evenif you have good domains to sell, it will make you cringe realizing you are doing the same thing as these losers do.

•••
So instead of spamming our mailboxes, you took a fresh approach and decided to spam the thread that discusses spam. :sold:

:wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Yeah m-i-k-e, you better jump on this as another alias also offered it to me at $1211 earlier this week. Sound like a REAL STEAL at only $611! :bah: :p

Lol, and he did say that it's a premium name, so, maybe I should??

I actually got a response from him (from my clearly negative response to his original reply) , it turns out he is from DomainsCart "a brokerage service" and one of his customers asked him to sell the domain for him, he still wants to know if I am interested in his domain. Just in case that one doesn't tickle my fancy he offered 7 more random names for my viewing pleasure.

•••
Perhaps we can have fun with the toll-free number :blink: 8-X
But it must be an autoresponder.

•••
In the case it's a really terrible domain, you could express great interest, just so the asshole 'seller' will waste his $ regging it. Wait 5 days after the reg, then tell the guy that you have no interest in it anymore. He'll then be stuck with a shitty domain that he can't sell. lol

If domainers came together an did this on a regular basis, it would throw a huge wrench in the spammers business model.

It would require the basic interwebz skillz of a 419 Eater but yeah. If domainers really wanted o pay these assholes back for seriously debasing their business model, expressing a ton of fake, credible-looking interest with a good backstory from sterile email accounts would hit them between the eyes.

•••
Same domain, different (misrepresented) identity.
These people are persistent cockroaches just like the intrust/backorderzone/namebind guys.

For Sale ~ BOSTONMOVERS.NET ~

Dear Sirs,

BOSTONMOVERS.NET
$955

Thanks

--
Brian Brown
Mover Domains
Orlando, FL
And there are several recipients visible in the cc field. Sloppy spammer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back