NameSilo

Emails from domainers selling crap names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

biggie

GreenFriendly.comTop Member
Impact
i thought it would be real nice to share some of the emails i receive from fellow domainers trying to sell their crappy names.

hopefully, some of you will read these and stop sending or see the mistakes they make so you won't make them too.

here is one from Andrew Brad, and if he is a member here...he's a clown! why? because he included every other email address he sent this mail to. thus one could harvest his list and spam them too.

To whom it may concern,

The premium generic aged domain FREDLOYAINSURANCE.NET is up for sale and I am emailing several parties that have registered similar domains OR use "[fredloya], [fredloya insurance], [loya insurance], [fred loya claims], [fredloya locations] etc." as keywords in their advertising campaigns.This is a 6-year old domain, with no drops since it was registered in 2006.

According to the Google Traffic Estimator the keywords ‘Fredloya Insurance’ receive over 40,500 searches every month, thus making this a high SEO premium domain worth thousands of dollars.

Right now, the asking price for FredLoyaInsurance.net is just $250, and is available on a first-come-first-served basis. Yes, you read it right, $250 ONLY.

This is a great opportunity to acquire a great domain at a throw-away price. If you have any questions don't hesitate to send me an email or call me directly at +91. 939-2774-412.

All transactions will held either via Paypal or via the secure services of Escrow.com.

Best regards,

Andrew Brad

Domain Broker, FredloyaInsurance.net

+91. 939-2774-412

if any of you receive such emails, feel free to post them so we can expose the spammers.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As an aside, Alex sent me that exact same 'beast tubes' offer. This guy is embarrassing himself (though I think he might be too stupid to realize it).
That guy is still around?

•••
•••
I don't know about you, but the spam emails that are really annoying are the ones that try to sell me a cheaper variable of my own name! I'm getting a lot of emails trying to sell me what I already have but with added dashes in the middle. Here's the latest below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you still want topic-wars.com

Time is approaching for topic-wars.com to become available, with a minimum amount of time left, we want to ensure you that you can receive topic-wars.com at a responsible price.

You still have time to express interest: http://parsias.com/16438172kogaro-LHU

The benefits you will receive by owning this domain:
Organic Placement within search engines.
Generate more clients by more control over market.
Better Company Branding and Name Recognition.
Makes your prospective clients feel more secure.
Offering more resources and information to your Target Market.

Sincerely,

1 More Domain
200 West Washington Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004

•••
This half-wit sent me the following email twice today. The funny thing is, I just let this name expire along with the plural version of the same name. I guess their new plan when all else fails is try to sell domainers the names they have confirmed to no longer want. Classic!

Received: (qmail 21563 invoked by uid 30297); 29 Aug 2012 16:05:22 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO p3pismtp01-035.prod.phx3.secureserver.net) ([10.6.12.62])
(envelope-sender <[email protected]>)
by p3plsmtp01-01.prod.phx3.secureserver.net (qmail-1.03) with SMTP
for <removed>; 29 Aug 2012 16:05:22 -0000
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Result: Av4EAN47PlDR2fun/2dsb2JhbABFgkq4J4EHgicIAiNGEwUNCVIGHRwBBB4Fh30LmhuhWZFhA4hPhElch2KBFI8BgwM
Received: from wss2.wethinktech.net ([209.217.251.167])
by p3pismtp01-035.prod.phx3.secureserver.net with ESMTP; 29 Aug 2012 09:03:10 -0700
Received: from Chewy (Chewy [192.168.4.44])
by wss2.wethinktech.net (8.14.3/8.14.3) with ESMTP id 933
for <removed>;
Wed, 29 Aug 2012 20:02:53 +0400 (MSD)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 09:02:53 -0700 (MST)
To: <removed>
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Subject: cloudprocedure.com
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_Part_26851_3648443.1346256173104"
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook 14.0
Thread-Index: Acvd0cAG8IQaasqAcNaztWODnM30ZA==
X-Nonspam: None

From Subject (Thread Messages) Date Size
Dear Domain Owner,

I am a domain broker, working on the domain cloudprocedure.com. Since you have a domain much similar to this domain, I thought you might be interested in making an offer. I will be accepting offers for the next 5 days, and the domain will be awarded to the highest offer.

If you want to make an offer for this domain, you can do so here: cloudprocedure.com

Sincerely,Alexander
8295 Tournament Drive
Suite 150
Memphis, TN 38125

If you do not want more of these messages, please click the link above and follow instructions at the bottom of the page

•••
I just recently got an email from

Best Domains
3229 Helms Avenue Suite 200
Los Angeles, CA 90034

regarding a domain name becoming available. The email was a standard, rather spammy message, but I'm actually interested in the domain.

Anone know if they are legit?

•••
I just recently got an email from

Best Domains
3229 Helms Avenue Suite 200
Los Angeles, CA 90034

regarding a domain name becoming available. The email was a standard, rather spammy message, but I'm actually interested in the domain.

Anone know if they are legit?

Check to see if its an expiring domain or not. A lot of these clowns email about expiring domains, then frontrun them to prospective end-users prior to actually owning them. If it's expiring, your best course of action is to say nothing in response (a reply is their cue to register it), then just allow it to expire and get it for registry fee.

If they own it, then you have to deal with them but remember that these idiots aren't exactly coming from a strong position, so a couple hundred bucks will usually shake them off it. If not, remind them that you have other options and your offer is a one time thing, they cannot come back to you 9 months later and then accept your asking price.

•••
Thanks for your response. This site seems like great resource.

Looks like the domain is expiring as far as I can tell from the whois, so they probably don't own it.

Don't see it as deleting on any aftermarket sites, do these guys have an advantage over regular aftermarket sites when they don't own the domain?

THanks again

•••
I finally got annoyed, check my inbox and this is only 2 samples:

1ymy.jpg

2lkl.jpg

I don't mind 1 time emails at all trying to sell me a domain (yeah even if it's crap) but this has gone too far...

They use different email IDs all the time with the same template, is there like an ebook or software being sold that that teaches how to make money with expiring garbage?

I mean WTF! If there is a sender with just minimal brain function they would know why the domain b-i-c-y-c-l-e-s.com might have expired... seriously...

•••
I don't mind 1 time emails at all trying to sell me a domain (yeah even if it's crap) but this has gone too far...

Just noticed your sig. Couldn't help myself, sent you a PM. :)

•••
Don't see it as deleting on any aftermarket sites, do these guys have an advantage over regular aftermarket sites when they don't own the domain?

THanks again

You need to see what stage of the deletion cycle it's in.

Here's the gist (unaffiliated with this site):
http://www.deletecycle.com/

Determine what phase of the lifecycle its presently in. Pending Delete means it's going to expire, no mater what.

What they usually do is identify existing owners of domains with similar/same keywords, then email them about the "pending availability" of an expiring domain with similar/same keywords.

If they express interest, they then register the domain and sell it to you for a profit. If no interest, it's let to drop.

As much as I hate those fucking emails, on more than one occasion they've alerted me to expiring names that I was interested in but otherwise unaware of. Just don't respond to them, let it expire and snap it for registry fee.

•••
In the case it's a really terrible domain, you could express great interest, just so the asshole 'seller' will waste his $ regging it. Wait 5 days after the reg, then tell the guy that you have no interest in it anymore. He'll then be stuck with a shitty domain that he can't sell. lol

You need to see what stage of the deletion cycle it's in.

Here's the gist (unaffiliated with this site):
http://www.deletecycle.com/

Determine what phase of the lifecycle its presently in. Pending Delete means it's going to expire, no mater what.

What they usually do is identify existing owners of domains with similar/same keywords, then email them about the "pending availability" of an expiring domain with similar/same keywords.

If they express interest, they then register the domain and sell it to you for a profit. If no interest, it's let to drop.

As much as I hate those fucking emails, on more than one occasion they've alerted me to expiring names that I was interested in but otherwise unaware of. Just don't respond to them, let it expire and snap it for registry fee.

•••
In the case it's a really terrible domain, you could express great interest, just so the asshole 'seller' will waste his $ regging it. Wait 5 days after the reg, then tell the guy that you have no interest in it anymore. He'll then be stuck with a shitty domain that he can't sell. lol

If domainers came together an did this on a regular basis, it would throw a huge wrench in the spammers business model.

It would require the basic interwebz skillz of a 419 Eater but yeah. If domainers really wanted o pay these assholes back for seriously debasing their business model, expressing a ton of fake, credible-looking interest with a good backstory from sterile email accounts would hit them between the eyes.

•••
Ya know Fonz? You're pretty insightful. We are always trying to get the asshole domainers to stop killing our prospects. Maybe this would be a good way to not END asshole domaining but to at least curb it.

If domainers came together an did this on a regular basis, it would throw a huge wrench in the spammers business model.

It would require the basic interwebz skillz of a 419 Eater but yeah. If domainers really wanted o pay these assholes back for seriously debasing their business model, expressing a ton of fake, credible-looking interest with a good backstory from sterile email accounts would hit them between the eyes.

•••
Thanks Fonzie

The whois says that the domain is in redemptionperiod, so I'm assuming that it's not 100% to drop yet?

I guess I'll have to wait and try to snatch it once/if it deletes.

I wrote a thread asking list of backorder sites(not allowed to post links yet, in expired domains forum), but I might as well ask here.

Are Pool, Namejet and Snapnames the best ones, or are there other alternatives?

•••
The quality of the domain factors in. If it's not a domain multiple ppl would want, just get a cheap backorder from GoDaddy. Otherwise, Pool & Namejet re good but pricier alternatives.

Thanks Fonzie

The whois says that the domain is in redemptionperiod, so I'm assuming that it's not 100% to drop yet?

I guess I'll have to wait and try to snatch it once/if it deletes.

I wrote a thread asking list of backorder sites(not allowed to post links yet, in expired domains forum), but I might as well ask here.

Are Pool, Namejet and Snapnames the best ones, or are there other alternatives?

•••
I got this yesterday and posting it here.
Bet some of you guys got or will be getting it too.

"Re: JenniferSaunders.com
Hello,

I am selling JenniferSaunders.com, renowned English comedienne, screenwriter, singer and actress. [Wikipedia link removed.] Years active: 1981-Present. She won many awards like BAFTA Television Award for Best Female Performance in a Comedy Programme, People's Choice Award for Best Movie Villain and many more.

Exact global monthly searches on google are 22,200. Screenshot attached!!

Drop me an email with your price offers in reply to this email.

Best Wishes,
Jim Gellar

[email protected]"

BTW: I'm an American living in the USA, sorry but I never heard of her.

Last edited:
•••
Unfortunately.

He is so damn annoying. And it does not help to mark him as spam really because he just sends more e-mails using other domains.

I actually found this thread from google, trying to figure out if someone has been able to block his e-mails. I get them practically everyday.

•••
Code:
Subject: BostonMovers.net ~ For Sale ~ Reduced Price
To: [email protected] [COLOR="Red"]-> is this a mail list ?[/COLOR]

Dear Sirs,

The domain name "bostonmovers.net" is for sale

$1,088 or best offer

these geo-targeted "MOVERS" domains are available

SPRINGFIELDMOVERS.ORG
$488
GEORGIAMOVERS.NET
$588
JACKSONMOVERS.NET
$488
MINNESOTAMOVERS.NET
$488
YUMAMOVERS.NET
$688

Thanks
No idea why we are even receiving this.

•••
Fortunately all those mails automatically go into the spam folder, and i'm not annoyed much by them.
However sometimes is funny to see what are they trying to offer me, at what prices etc.
Most of the time i found CRAPPY names ("crappy" is a kind term, if those domains are crappy, mine would be FANTASTIC, and i'm pretty sure my domains are not good :) ) with crazy prices, like LONG-DOMAINWITH-RANDOMDA-SHES dot com at $xxxx .
And, obviously, with no relation with me, my domains and/or my web activities.

•••
Same domain, different (misrepresented) identity.
These people are persistent cockroaches just like the intrust/backorderzone/namebind guys.

For Sale ~ BOSTONMOVERS.NET ~

Dear Sirs,

BOSTONMOVERS.NET
$955

Thanks

--
Brian Brown
Mover Domains
Orlando, FL
And there are several recipients visible in the cc field. Sloppy spammer.

•••
Same domain, different (misrepresented) identity.
These people are persistent cockroaches just like the intrust/backorderzone/namebind guys.

And there are several recipients visible in the cc field. Sloppy spammer.

Looks like this dude went on a Geo+Movers reg'ing craze. He also named his "business" Mover Domains. :guilty:

Why isn't there a "Movers Domain Name Discussion, Showcase & Sales Report" thread an NP yet?! :D

I hope there will never be one. :imho:

And of course, he is using a very credible gmail address for his "business".

•••
Hello,

My name is Simonas.

I have noticed that You own website related with pricing / shopping.

I wanted to offer You Price.com. Price.com is for sale and the owners are looking for people who might be interested in obtaining this asset.

Price.com is looking for offers above $4,500,000.00 USD for their domain name.

If You would be interested in buying this domain name, or You have any questions, please respond to my email.

Best wishes,
Simonas.

Relevant headers:

From - Wed Oct 03 23:18:12 2012
X-Account-Key: account1
X-UIDL: 1349302604.28313........com,S=2866
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-Mozilla-Keys:
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Delivered-To: me@..............
Received: (qmail 28311 invoked by uid 89); 3 Oct 2012 22:16:44 -0000
Received: by simscan 1.4.0 ppid: 28301, pid: 28303, t: 1.1052s
scanners: attach: 1.4.0 spam: 3.1.4
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.1.4 (2006-07-25) on ......com
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-2.0 required=5.0 tests=BAYES_00,FORGED_RCVD_HELO,
HTML_40_50,HTML_MESSAGE,SPF_HELO_PASS autolearn=ham version=3.1.4
Received: from unknown (HELO pudies.com) (84.32.116.61)
by .....com with SMTP; 3 Oct 2012 22:16:43 -0000
Received-SPF: neutral (........: 84.32.116.61 is neither permitted nor denied by SPF record at _spf.google.com)
Reply-To: <[email protected]>
To: "....." <[email protected]>
Subject: Domain Name Price.com
Message-ID: <5b12bedb10fb9a47800428d1f95eaf5c@SB>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 01:15:43 +0300
boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_B1384291.385DA340"
X-Priority: 3
X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook 12.0
X-RegEx-Score: 453.6
X-RegEx-Warning: suspect (453.6 > 430.0)
X-RegEx: [155.2] TO_LOCALPART To: repeats local part as a real name
X-RegEx: [59.6] FROM_AND_RECEIVED_DO_NOT_MATCH FQDN in From and Received header do not match
X-RegEx: [20.0] CD_BIGMONEY Mentions >$1000.00
X-RegEx: [97.1] US_DOLLARS_3 Nigerian scam key phrase ($NN,NNN,NNN.NN)

•••
Check to see if its an expiring domain or not. A lot of these clowns email about expiring domains, then frontrun them to prospective end-users prior to actually owning them. If it's expiring, your best course of action is to say nothing in response (a reply is their cue to register it), then just allow it to expire and get it for registry fee.

If they own it, then you have to deal with them but remember that these idiots aren't exactly coming from a strong position, so a couple hundred bucks will usually shake them off it. If not, remind them that you have other options and your offer is a one time thing, they cannot come back to you 9 months later and then accept your asking price.

Ended up getting the domain through backorder. Not as excited as I would have been before googles emd update, but still hope this domain will be successful.

Thanks again for the input

•••
This guy keeps spamming me :

Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 07:53:30 -0700
To: -----------
Subject: a-p-p-l-i-c-a-t-i-o-n-s.com

Domain Name Availability Notice for a-p-p-l-i-c-a-t-i-o-n-s.com

Dear Domain Owner,

We are giving you an opportunity to make an offer on a-p-p-l-i-c-a-t-i-o-n-s.com before it is offered to the general public. Most companies own all domains, whether it is .com, .net. .org etc., to prevent any lost customers to their website to promote their products and services.

Follow this link here to make a bid on a-p-p-l-i-c-a-t-i-o-n-s.com:
http://sdrealtors.com/18059108yerepu-LJE-g

We look forward to getting you your Domain Name shortly.
You can increase daily and unique visitors on your website by offering information that explains your business or services in more detail:

Sincerely,
Backorder Team
6821 Southpoint Dr N Suite 200
Jacksonville, FL 32216

If you are not of interest please opt out here: http://sdrealtors.com/u/18059108yerepu-LJE-g

'All religions must be tolerated... for every man must get to heaven in his own way. ' - Epictetus

•••
Simonas is shutting down LeadRefs.com so there' be little less spam.
Relevant headers:

From - Wed Oct 03 23:18:12 2012
X-Account-Key: account1
X-UIDL: 1349302604.28313........com,S=2866
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-Mozilla-Keys:
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Delivered-To: me@..............
Received: (qmail 28311 invoked by uid 89); 3 Oct 2012 22:16:44 -0000
Received: by simscan 1.4.0 ppid: 28301, pid: 28303, t: 1.1052s
scanners: attach: 1.4.0 spam: 3.1.4
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.1.4 (2006-07-25) on ......com
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-2.0 required=5.0 tests=BAYES_00,FORGED_RCVD_HELO,
HTML_40_50,HTML_MESSAGE,SPF_HELO_PASS autolearn=ham version=3.1.4
Received: from unknown (HELO pudies.com) (84.32.116.61)
by .....com with SMTP; 3 Oct 2012 22:16:43 -0000
Received-SPF: neutral (........: 84.32.116.61 is neither permitted nor denied by SPF record at _spf.google.com)
Reply-To: <[email protected]>
To: "....." <[email protected]>
Subject: Domain Name Price.com
Message-ID: <5b12bedb10fb9a47800428d1f95eaf5c@SB>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 01:15:43 +0300
boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_B1384291.385DA340"
X-Priority: 3
X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook 12.0
X-RegEx-Score: 453.6
X-RegEx-Warning: suspect (453.6 > 430.0)
X-RegEx: [155.2] TO_LOCALPART To: repeats local part as a real name
X-RegEx: [59.6] FROM_AND_RECEIVED_DO_NOT_MATCH FQDN in From and Received header do not match
X-RegEx: [20.0] CD_BIGMONEY Mentions >$1000.00
X-RegEx: [97.1] US_DOLLARS_3 Nigerian scam key phrase ($NN,NNN,NNN.NN)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back