Dynadot

Emails from domainers selling crap names

NameSilo
Watch
i thought it would be real nice to share some of the emails i receive from fellow domainers trying to sell their crappy names.

hopefully, some of you will read these and stop sending or see the mistakes they make so you won't make them too.

here is one from Andrew Brad, and if he is a member here...he's a clown! why? because he included every other email address he sent this mail to. thus one could harvest his list and spam them too.

To whom it may concern,

The premium generic aged domain FREDLOYAINSURANCE.NET is up for sale and I am emailing several parties that have registered similar domains OR use "[fredloya], [fredloya insurance], [loya insurance], [fred loya claims], [fredloya locations] etc." as keywords in their advertising campaigns.This is a 6-year old domain, with no drops since it was registered in 2006.

According to the Google Traffic Estimator the keywords β€˜Fredloya Insurance’ receive over 40,500 searches every month, thus making this a high SEO premium domain worth thousands of dollars.

Right now, the asking price for FredLoyaInsurance.net is just $250, and is available on a first-come-first-served basis. Yes, you read it right, $250 ONLY.

This is a great opportunity to acquire a great domain at a throw-away price. If you have any questions don't hesitate to send me an email or call me directly at +91. 939-2774-412.

All transactions will held either via Paypal or via the secure services of Escrow.com.

Best regards,

Andrew Brad

Domain Broker, FredloyaInsurance.net

+91. 939-2774-412

if any of you receive such emails, feel free to post them so we can expose the spammers.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just got this one -

Hello Brad Mugford,

The domain name AirDuctExpert.com has recently become available and is
currently for sale. This is a memorable name that is very related to your
business. It can be used to redirect visitors to your current website
(REMOVED) or for developing it into a new website. The one time
price for this domain is only $280 .

In order to get this domain, simply visit GoDaddy .com, search for the
domain and you can buy it from there. We are also contacting other air duct
companies that might have an interest in the domain, therefore, a timely
response works to your convenience.

Sincerely,

Customer Support

GoDaddy Partners

MI Online Marketing

246, Cedar Ridge Road,

West Chester ,PA-19380,USA

They used "GoDaddy Partners" in the from line of the email.
The email used is an @acoxo.com email address. The WHOIS shows someone in India.

I forwarded the email to GoDaddy as I am sure they are not going to be real thrilled with the obvious TM infringement of a company called "GoDaddy Partners" spamming people.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Re: toneca's letters ^^^

I receive those occasionally, saying they have a domain similar to one of mine (usually with either a different extension, or slight change of keywords, etc) and would I like to buy it to 'strengthen' the value of mine.

It actually worked out in my favor once. I regged the name ComicBookToMovie.com for an intended project of mine; not wanting to limit my project to comics entirely, I had wanted a shorter version but my ideal choice bookToMovie.com was already taken.

So a year later the spammer guys email me regarding my comicbooktomovie name and say they can sell me booktomovie if I want it. I check and booktomovie.com is available, it has dropped sometime recently. So I regged it, and let my comicbooktomovie.com expire. I never respond to the domain spammers. Obviously their plan was to only reg the name if they were sure someone was interested in it, and not reg it on spec. Which makes sense, only they have to take the chance that someone (like me) doesn't check to see if the name they are 'selling' is actually registered, ha ha.

Follow up to the story: within a month of regging this name (BookToMovie.com) I get 2 email offers for it, one for $300 and one for 500, from the US and from Canada. Both legit offers, we did the email dance, but I ended up not selling as I have plans for the name and wouldn't let go for cheap. I also regged BlogToMovie.com on the strength of that. Many books are made into movies, and now in the cyber age more and more blogs are being made into movies.

Funny, but it's one case where I appreciate the spammers letting me know (inadvertently) that a name I really wanted was available.

But the rest of the similar emails have just been boring, about total crap names.

:)

•••
To me, regardless of the fact that both send unsolicited emails (as I do myself, to end users), there seems to be a very clear and definite delineation between a domainer respectfully approaching me with a name I might be interested in, and a domainer mindlessly spamming me:

- professional domainer = sends me a relevant name, something that means something to my business, or at least is relevant to one or more of my other names.
= they send some personal words, even if it's just a couple short phrases, rather than a 'form email' that is obviously copied for mass mailing.
= they don't include a list of dozens or hundreds of other email addy's they're sending to.
= if I'm not interested, they politely stop bothering me.

- spam domainer = sends (usually multiple) names that have no relevance to my business, or any of the other domains I own.
= sends universally bad/cheap names that generally have no meaning to ANYONE except the one domainer dumb enough to think they are worth regging.
= sends form letter; usually poorly written, lots of exclamation marks and capitalized words telling me how valuable those awful names would be for me to own and use in my business - yet not even mentioning what my business is or how those domains would 'help'.
= keep sending spam after spam after spam. A good domainer approaching an end user will send that relevant name to a relevant end user, and if no reply they'll either let it go, or maybe send one follow up, and it will be just for that one domain of interest. Spammers keep sending irrelevant domain after domain to the same person, email after email.

Now, I'm not saying I want to kill anyone over this, I don't want to hurt spammers or anyone else. But I often wish this laptop was a virtual shotgun, and that it could send a virtual shotgun blast to the spammer's computer, and that computer would explode into shrapnel that demolishes every piece of electronic equipment they use to spam with. That would be a piece of software I'd buy.

As for sending unsolicited emails, I follow all my 'good domainer' points when approaching end users, one by one, and I avoid the 'spam domainer' tactics.

•••
I actually got a message today from a service AdvanceNames.com.

They were offering a domain I actually was interested in, and was offering it at the massive price of $39.99.

I felt that the price point was somewhat odd, so I opened up my terminal and did a WhoIs on the domain name.

As it turns out... it was available and I registered it with GoDaddy for $9 USD.

It's a niche I support and own a few quality names within, so it looks like this junk mail did me some service. Thanks AdvanceNames.com for your inefficient process!

Now I will patiently await eMails from 10+ SEO/Dev companies trying to sell me their junk.

•••
Now keep in mind that end users, not only domainers, get those mails too, what must they be thinking about domain sellers... spammers and scammers are ruining everything.

•••
It's been a while. Your daily dose of domain spam.

Subject: eBeachProperties.com

And why is it that they expect us to even make an effort to unsubscribe when we did not subscribe in the first place.

I simply mark them as spam and then add them to my block list.
This way the gmail filters will mark them as spam for everyone else as well.

The more times we use the spam filters the better they get. A few spam markings and this guy cannot spam again.

•••
I am more surprised that people expect Domainers to be a special kind of salesmen, who are supposed to be more legit than your average pesky telemarketer who keeps calling you on your phone peddling just about anything from vacuum cleaners, to George Foreman barbeque grills.

I would expect that the more you are stuck with a domain that nobody wants to buy, the more aggressive you want to peddle it around to atleast dispose it and recover your capital back.

•••
You guys do understand how unimaginably damaging these chimps are to domain reselling, right?

Imagine if you were tasked with selling premium, comprehensive car insurance for only $20 a month. You'd think it would be the easiest thing in the world to sell, since everyone else was already paying $50, $70, $200 a month. So, you start making phone calls but to your surprise, people are slamming the phone down the moment you mention you're selling insurance. Those few times you do get interested clients, you have to spend an hour allaying their suspicions and fears, to convince them that indeed, your $20 insurance is legit and worth their time.

And why are consumers this way?
Because of mentally retarded monkey salespersons who, for the past 10 years, have contaminated their phones with idiotic and pointless sales calls trying to sell them garbage that wasn't worth their time, nevertheless their money.

It's getting to the point that people getting solicitations to buy domain names are viewing them similar to "Congratulations: You're Today's 10,000th Visitor. Click Here to claim your free IPAD"

The only way to counteract this is to present the right kinds of domains- that will certainly pique their interest- and put it right in the title. Even then, a lot of end-user buying decisions are very impulsive and if they've been made jaded towards domainer solicitation, the negative buyer psychology will work against you regardless of how good your names are.

•••
I also find repeat offenders like the spammers at Intrust Domains, etc., incredibly annoying, but when it comes to people emailing users with similar names, aren't we being a bit hypocritical?

How many domainers use services like Estibot, ZFBot, and LeadRefs to look up owners of similar domains, specifically so they can sell to them? A few pages back, there was an example used of "dogpoop" and "catpoop" and names containing, well, poop.

There's no guarantee that, as a domain investor, you are going to have any interest in acquiring or developing any new "poop" domains, but how is someone supposed to know that? What if you're in the business of lead generation, and you own a vast network of legal names, and the person has an "accident attorney" name? You'd be a likely candidate for a potential end-user for their name, assuming it's decent quality.

I think the primary annoyance here is (besides the repeat offenders that send 4-5 emails a DAY) that the names they're peddling aren't good enough.

I wonder if people would really complain if someone - who was emailing out of the blue - was offering up MortgageLeads.com (name chosen at random) for sale. Or something of similar quality.

Of course, that would never happen. But although there ARE scammers out there, just because you end up someone's email list, don't necessarily assume it's malicious. Chances are they're just taking the advice posted in the "How to Find End Users" thread here and what they have read online.

I just think it's slightly hypocritical of domainers as a whole to question that activity when it's something that, on some level, we have all participated in. That is...unless you've never PMed anyone on a forum with names for sale, or looked up an email address in the WhoIS and contacted someone about a name for sale.

The key is to *not* do it for crappy names, not to do it repeatedly, and to respect the person you're contacting. :)

Last edited:
•••
Here's another one; you know, like you're passing by a dark alley and some dirty greasy guy steps out and says 'Pssst' and opens up his trenchcoat a little and pulls out a domain name half hidden in shadow and says 'Hey ya wanna buy a domain - cheap cheap, buddy, don't tell anyone, give ya a deal just 'cause it's you, buddy'.

Dear (Bannen's megalicious real world name),

This is the time to make aproposition on t-r--a-v-e-l.com before it is offered to the general public.
This striking dot.com is actually in redemption period. A true genius actually registered travel with hyphens between all letters and then TWO hyphens, randomly I guess, between only the R and A. Sweeet name.

We want to ensure your business does not lose any clients or sales by not having this Domain Name.
We want to ensure = they must come straight from Mother Teresa, they are so kind to be selflessly thinking of my welfare.
Lose any clients or sales = if I owned this domain and used it for a website, I would lose ALL my clients and sales, and deservedly so for sheer stupidity.

Most companies own all domains, whether it is .com, .net, .org etc., to prevent any lost customers to their website to promote their products and services. We look forward to getting you your Domain Name shortly.

With time ticking every minute, be the first to take advantage to secure: btsdi dawt com/15641485putile-LGe[url removed]
btsdi dawt com = This domain is owned by William Leone in Phoenix, AZ.

The opportunity is now open to capture your market, with the proper placement available that benefits your products or services.
Excuse me; huh? What the damn hell does this mean, in any kind of language let alone English?

The benefits you will receive by owning this domain:

Organic Placement within search engines.
Generate more clients by more control over market.
Makes your prospective clients feel more secure.
Offering more resources and information to your Target Market.
Yes, owning t-r--a-v-e-l dawt com will generate more clients, more market control, make my clients feel more secure, offer more resources and information to my target market!!! I see the light now! Head musta been stuck 2 feet up my arse all these years!? HalleFrigginLujah!

Sincerely,

Lord of The Names
435 Clark Rd #355
Jacksonville, FL 32218
Names/info/email different but this seems to be the same person/people as in the post about bu-sines-s dawt com above. Things changed but same basic template, including ending with an inspirational quote (see below).
Got to give him credit for humility: Lord Of The Names.

If you are not of interest please opt out here: btsdi dawt com/u/15641485putile-LGe[url removed]
Obviously English is not the first language of this person, saying I'm 'not of interest'.

'Laughter is the hand of God on the shoulder of a troubled world. ' - Grady Nutt
Delete ReplyReply ForwardSpamMovePrint Actions NextPrevious
Okay, enough fun for the morning. Must go upload funds to Paypal to pay for t-r--a-v-e-l dot com.

Last edited:
•••
I got an email the other day offer to sell me a domain with dashes in it since I own the same domain with no dashes. lol

I think they need to learn domaining 101, sell the customer a BETTER domain name not a worse.

hah, that's typical

i got one today

guy trying to sell me the .net version of blingmedia.com for $500

dude says that if i buy his name, then i can get more from buyers by offering the pair.

so.... i reply

"if that's the case, then you can buy the .com from me and put yourself in the same position".

:)

imo.....

•••
Nice wall of shame but doesnt all domainer send UNSOLICITED emails to their targets? So what makes these guys different? As long as they are REALLY selling REAL names I dont see why this is necessary?
<snark>
Yes but we all send emails about high quality names that will enhance an end users business (if they understood the internet - which none of them do by the way) and not the crappy names we receive from "spammers".
</snark>

I might post my email thread where I was offered a domain for sale (that wasn't regged but matched mine in different TLD) and convinced them I had enough interest that they registered it for $22 at which point I validated that there was no grace delete and walked away :) I enjoyed that

•••
crappy names? I always thought beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. ;) every domain got different value according to its owner..

not that im trying to save those spammers a$$ here but we domainers send UNSOLICITED mail and they are just trying to make a living and someone might have interest in those names.

I do hate recieving those crappy names and those domainers do end up in my spam box but lets not be too rude and I think we are all selling great names with wonderful potential.

•••
I dont think I want to send out emails to other domainers that may turn out to be one of you guys and then my email gets plasterd and torn apart on NamePros...:lol:

It is important to remember there is a big difference between those who are legit domainers (such as yourself), and the individuals who are being profiled in this thread. I personally don't mind receiving the occasional [legit] email from another domainer. We are all domainers, it is to be expected. Read it, delete it, move on with the day. However, I stress occasional.

When I receive several emails weekly from these fools, and more often lately, daily; I find it quite irritating. Especially when the names they are trying to peddle are soon to be (or already) expired, which means they most likely do not actually own the names, but rather are just trying to get folks to register crap handregs through them.

I can get handregs on my own any day of the week. If I wanted a hyphenated version of a name I own with a few random numbers thrown in, I can find that junk all day long, as well. I certainly do not need (or want) some stranger raping the whois for my personal data trying to sell me such crap. People who engage in such activity, and/or those who condone it, are in no way domainers, IMO.

Don't report anything as you will only hurt the industry. Stop crying about an email and find something else to do!

I find this thread is a way of protecting the industry by bringing to light the very fools trying to damage it by way of spam, etc. An email once in a while is fine. Several per week or day are unacceptable! The purpose of this thread goes far beyond anyone complaining about "an email."

If the folks reading through this thread are actually paying attention to the emails being profiled, the type of names these half-wits are trying to sell and the format they use, etc; it is quite obvious and easy to see these spammers do not value the industry, or anything else for that matter. They certainly do not take selling seriously and are making a mockery of domaining in general while exploiting its weaknesses, IMO.

-Regards

Last edited:
•••
Each and every day. Sometime more, sometimes less. Auction frontrunners. Webdesigners etc. from India. Senior Domain Broker at Sedo (Dave Evanson) - yeah I know he is legitimately brokering the stuff he tries to sell, but I never subscribed to his news. Self-proclaimed domain brokers trying to either buy something from me (never heard of them before) on behalf of "clients" or to sell something. Legitimate brokers like domainagents who would not receive a response, because they still use escrow .com (tons of issues with this escrow). A guy from Lithuania, Simonas, is noticeably less active selling his handregs [all in 3 figures range], what happened to him? Hope he is OK, at least he actually owns what he tries to sell.

Last edited:
•••
If he's from India, his real name might not be Andrew Brad.
Thanks for posting, it's a good example not to follow.
So he's trying to sell a TM domain right ? :O

•••
I don't think I have ever seen a worse pitch.

Hllo

Friends, if you because of your site without
a good domain name was not a significant
grade website regret or anxious?we found that
the domain( XXXXXXXX.co.in )is will help your business.
If you are interesting, we would consider give a
fair price to you! If you have any question,you
can visit: [email protected] last,Sorry for
the disturb if any.

Best gards

Wang

•••
This thread is not funny at all, when you think about it, you bet that all of your potential future endusers received couple of these emails with crap names and unjustified prices, and so the chance that also your email will end up beeing ignored by them (even if you offer better names) is getting higher and higher each day these spammers are active.

So this thread is actually quite sad

•••
It would be fun to answer one of these offerring 100k, transaction to be completed in person, come alone at 1am, far end of the pier

•••
DomainClosing.com
DomainEstimator.com
DomainPurchase.co
Stephanie Shay
[email protected]

SPAMMER - SCAMMER - SPAM - TIME WASTER - DAILY SPAM - DOMAIN APPRAISAL SCAM

(ok google, let's go)

•••
Today I got offer to buy boo--k.com :)

The whois is also protected. roflol
Probably he knows how dumb he is and is ashamed and doesn't want anyone to find out his name. You could write him an email and tell him you prefer b--ook.com if he has it (available to register). he is probably so dumb that he will register it and offer it to you. Then you can tell him that you changed your mind and now prefer b-o-ok.com (also available). Maybe that way this moron will learn his domain lesson.

•••
Have any of you read the instructional material from domaining sources like DNF and domain books that TEACH domainers like these on HOW TO SPAM, What software to use to harvest email addresses from Whois and providing sample letters on how to bulk SPAM?...

We don't say a word about the teachers do we?, instead we start threads and trash the students, how messed up is that?

The Hypocrisy in this business is unbelievable.

I was offered GuinnessRecord.com - an obvious trademark - by a company called Axsiom

What's so wrong with trying to sell obvious trademarks when your buddy Michael Mann is offering a shit load of them for sale?

http://googlemicrosoft.com/

GoogleGods.com $10,000.00
microsofttech.com $7,000.00
googleyeyes.com $6,000.00
GoogleFashion.com $5,000.00
DownloadMicrosoftWord.com $5,000.00
MicroSoftLabs.com $5,000.00

Just enter any obvious TM in Mann's "Search Keywords" and see what pops up.

Or even a Tragedy like Hurricane Katrina

KatrinaDisaster.com $350
KatrinaVictims.com

Last edited:
•••
I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather receive domain spam over any other spam any day. At least it's reaching someone that likes domains.

•••
here's another email from a domainer offering a crap domain name:

[email protected]

Hello,

I'm contacting you regarding the domain name CarMortgages.com. The premium domain, CarMortgages.com is for sale at $450.

Ad competition: Medium
Car mortgages are highly searched for keywords in search engines.

Please write back if you are interested in acquiring it.

Thanks

Drake Morgan

wtf is a car mortgage?

and one more...

Hello,

I'm contacting you regarding the domain name MortgageLoanCredit.com

MortgageLoanCredit.com if for sale at $450. .info and .org of this keywords are alredy taken. .info is uo and running. So, there is free traffic to the domain without much development effort.

Let me know if you want to acquire it.

Thanks
Dustin Pace

please stop spamming me, I do not buy names from spammers!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back