NameSilo

Emails from domainers selling crap names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

biggie

GreenFriendly.comTop Member
Impact
i thought it would be real nice to share some of the emails i receive from fellow domainers trying to sell their crappy names.

hopefully, some of you will read these and stop sending or see the mistakes they make so you won't make them too.

here is one from Andrew Brad, and if he is a member here...he's a clown! why? because he included every other email address he sent this mail to. thus one could harvest his list and spam them too.

To whom it may concern,

The premium generic aged domain FREDLOYAINSURANCE.NET is up for sale and I am emailing several parties that have registered similar domains OR use "[fredloya], [fredloya insurance], [loya insurance], [fred loya claims], [fredloya locations] etc." as keywords in their advertising campaigns.This is a 6-year old domain, with no drops since it was registered in 2006.

According to the Google Traffic Estimator the keywords ‘Fredloya Insurance’ receive over 40,500 searches every month, thus making this a high SEO premium domain worth thousands of dollars.

Right now, the asking price for FredLoyaInsurance.net is just $250, and is available on a first-come-first-served basis. Yes, you read it right, $250 ONLY.

This is a great opportunity to acquire a great domain at a throw-away price. If you have any questions don't hesitate to send me an email or call me directly at +91. 939-2774-412.

All transactions will held either via Paypal or via the secure services of Escrow.com.

Best regards,

Andrew Brad

Domain Broker, FredloyaInsurance.net

+91. 939-2774-412

if any of you receive such emails, feel free to post them so we can expose the spammers.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is LeadRefs shutting down because of the spammers ?

•••
Nope. Their site was used to harvest e-mails. You enter a keyword domain you own and their service lists similar domains and whois contact. Spammers used it to send e-mails to domainers trying to sell their crappy version of domains.

•••
•••
Due to financial reasons, we are shutting down LEADREFS.COM immediately. We have just sent you a $33 refund to your email address via Paypal. This was the prorated share of what was left of your membership. We want to take this moment to thank you for your business and interest in LEADREFS.com. Please email us with any questions you may have.
http://morganlinton.com/leadrefs-shutting-down-immediately/

•••
Nope. Their site was used to harvest e-mails. You enter a keyword domain you own and their service lists similar domains and whois contact. Spammers used it to send e-mails to domainers trying to sell their crappy version of domains.

And also regular domainers selling good domains. I used it mainly for finding good domains in upcoming auctions at Namejet, Snapnames, GoDaddy and deletions. Showing the number of potential leads for those upcoming auctions was great. Using that and Freshdrop, was a pretty powerful combination.

Also, if you have crappy domains, you're not going to get a bunch of leads using this, might get a few. I would imagine spammers have better resources for such a thing.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I think it's a hoax. As I type this exact post, the site is still up with no signs of 'immediately' going offline

•••
I think it's a hoax. As I type this exact post, the site is still up with no signs of 'immediately' going offline

They wouldn't have refunded people's money if it was, plus the email was posted just a few posts above. Yeah, still up right now, we'll see what happens next few days.

Last edited:
•••
Not saying it IS a hoax but it seems likely to be. I'll also keep an eye out on it.

They wouldn't have refunded people's money if it was, plus the email was posted just a few posts above. Yeah, still up right now, we'll see what happens next few days.

•••
What are you talking about? It wasn't an imaginary refund I and others got today. Those aren't imaginary emails posted by others. I didn't get an imaginary email from the owner myself today on the refund issue. On Morgan's site, said something about focusing on their other businesses, who knows.

•••
You didn't mention you received a refund in any of your original posts (you've edited quite a few). I wasn't referring to the edited posts as just now saw them. Either way, we'll see the fate of the site soon.

•••
•••
•••
Always the same clowns:

Subject: [News]: Sushi.com | Pasta.com | Salons.com | Winnipeg.com | Halifax.com | Livestock.com and more [# 1]

Our firm owns some premium category defining domain names now for sale. A lot of these domain names we now have listed on sedo.com where you can bid on them. You can also make deals with us directly. These domains are not brokered, there are no middlemen involved, they are owned by our firm. If you use sedo we have to pay a commission, if you deal with us directly you might get a better deal. Some of our premium properties for sale include the following. If interested in dealing direct simply reply to this email or if you would prefer to bid on them on sedo that is the other option or you can visit each domain name and follow the instructions for contacting us on each that is available. You can reach us at [email protected] or call 215-360-7613. You can also visit http://www.CategoryDefiningDomains.com. Here is some of our offerings:

Pasta.com
Salons.com
Sushi. com
Sushi.net
Livestock.com
Winnipeg.com
Halifax.com
Salinas.com
Cosmetics.net
Cosmetics.org
Cosmetics.info
Housecoats.com
Juice.org

FarmForSale.com
FarmsForSale.com
SushiRestaurants.com
JapaneseRestaurants.com
GreekRestaurants.com
HealthSupplements.com
HealthSupplements.net
HealthSupplements.org
AspenHotels.com
AspenRestaurants.com
CharlotteHotels.com
CharlotteRestaurants.com
TallahasseeHotels.com
TallahasseeRestaurants.com
CloudAdvertising.com
CloudAdvertising.net
GrandePrairie.net

Alphabetical Order:

AbbotsfordHotels.com
AntioxidantSupplements.com
AntwerpHotels.eu
AppsBest.com
AtlantaResorts.com
BaltimoreResorts.com
BelfastHotels.eu
BodyBuildingSupplements.info
BonnHotels.eu
BostonResorts.com
BucharestHotels.eu
BusinessesByOwner.com
CarInsuranceQuotesUk.com
CheapCarInsuranceQuotes.org
ChicagoResorts.com
ChilliwackHotels.com
CologneHotels.eu
ComoxHotels.com
DallasResorts.com
DiabetesSupplements.com
DiscountSupplements.info
DrumhellerHotels.com
DusseldorfHotels.eu
ElPasoResorts.com
FarmsForSale.com
FrankfurtHotels.eu
GreekRestaurants.com
GuelphHotels.com
HamburgHotels.eu
HannoverHotels.eu
HongKongResorts.com
HotelsInFrance.com
iPhoneApps.mobi
JapaneseRestaurants.com
KamloopsHotels.com
KelownaHotels.com
KrakowHotels.eu
LondonResorts.com
LosAngelesResorts.com
MalaysiaResorts.com
MedicineHatHotels.com
MelbourneResorts.com
MelillaHotels.com
MetabolismSupplements.com
MexicoCityResorts.com
NassauResorts.com
NutritionSupplements.net
Nutraceuticals.co.uk
OilfieldSupplies.com
OnlineCarInsuranceQuotes.org
OregonCityHotels.com
OshawaHotels.com
OsoyoosHotels.com
ParisResorts.com
ParisFranceHotels.com
ParisAccommodation.com
ParksvilleHotels.com
PentictonHotels.com
PhiladelphiaResorts.com
PhoneAppSource.com
PrinceGeorgeHotels.com
RedDeerHotels.com
RochesterHotels.com
SaintCatharinesHotels.com
SanAntonioResorts.com
SanFranciscoResorts.com
SanjuanResorts.com
SaoPauloHotels.net
SearchHub.com
SearchScout.com
SeattleResorts.com
SherbrookeHotels.com
SingaporeResorts.com
StCatharinesHotels.com
SushiRestaurants.com
TorontoResorts.com
VancouverResorts.com
VernonHotels.com
VersaillesHotels.net
VitaminSupplements.net
WeightLossSupplements.us
WeightLossSupplements.info
WestVancouverHotels.com
WhistlerResorts.com

Many more @
http://www.CategoryDefiningDomains.com

[email protected]

You are being contacted because you have purchased domains before and domains you have purchased have been reported publicly. Reply back with no more in the subject line to be taken off this list.
There is a phone number listed.
Have fun.

Another snake oil seller
DUH !

https://www.amazonthunder.com/contactus.php
http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/todd-reum-ceo-amazon-thunder-inc/4/a25/a76

Last edited:
•••
•••
Ah :( RIP Leadrefs.com

They could have avoided it (at least to a good scale) by disallowing free users. Most spammers are cheap & wouldn't pay even $10 for a list of prospective addresses.

It's shut down now.

"As of 10/19/2012, LeadRefs.com has shut down."

•••
There are many types of spammers?

•••
Subject: qutaopai.com

Date: Sat, Oct 27, 2012 10:12 am

Hello,

A client of ours is selling away his domain portfolio and we noticed that you have a similar domain name to qutaopai.com.
We thought that this might be of interest to you, so we are basically reaching out to any potentially interested parties and giving them
a first chance to secure this domain for themselves.

You can show interest for the domain here:

http://noexcusenames.net/acquire-a-turd/floater

You can also reply to this e-mail with your offer and our staff will manually process your order.

Here are a few quick notes about the domain offer:
-You are bidding for full ownership. The domain will be transferred in to your registrar account.
-You do not have to use new hosting or any other of our services, you are bidding only for the domain.
-This is a simple single transaction, no hidden surprises, no re-bills.
-We will not share/give/sell your personal information to anybody.
-No new website or hosting is needed. You will only need to open a free registrar account to accept the domain.
-We stand at your disposal for any technical issues you may have, we enjoy helping our customers.

Thank you for considering our service!
Please feel free to call us any time.

Kind regards,
Domain Team

- No more of these e-mails: http://noexcusenames.net/turd/floater

I don't know why I even got this email?

I am not even interested to know if that turd of a name means anything.

"selling away his domain portfolio"

:lol:

•••
Every time I'm sent one of these emails, I reply with a link to this thread.

•••
This guy is starting to spam me daily and I don't even own the closely related domain name he's talking about:

Advance Domain Availability Notification:

Email Address: [email protected]

We are writing you about the domain xxxxxxxxx.com, which will be listed for auction soon. This domain might be useful for you, since you own a domain similar to this domain.

To confirm interest in owning this domain, fill out the simple form here: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com

Sincerely,Alexander
60 State Street
Suite 700
Boston, MA 02109

If you do not want more of these business solicitation messages, please click the link above and follow instructions at the bottom of the page

When a man assumes a public trust, he should consider himself as public property

Military power wins battles, but spiritual power wins wars.

The unsubscribe links are nothing more than links to the sales page.

•••
I've made it a habit of looking at 'signatures.' If the email has one & if the subject mentions a domain, I never read it. I just reply to a link to this thread & delete it. Do spammers think trying to look professional will help? A fortune-cookie sig looks amateurish.

This guy is starting to spam me daily and I don't even own the closely related domain name he's talking about:

The unsubscribe links are nothing more than links to the sales page.

•••
Typically I just ignore the emails but after a few of them I gave him a piece of my mind with two words that get my point across rather...bluntly.

•••
I'm guessing the 1st word had 4 letters in it. lol

Typically I just ignore the emails but after a few of them I gave him a piece of my mind with two words that get my point across rather...bluntly.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back