Dynadot

Dynadot Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
anyone know the exact ns settings to add a gd txt? i don't want a vague answer like...set to parking. i want the exact ns.whatever settings. dan-easy, sedo-sedoparking. gd-no way.

•••
anyone know the exact ns settings to add a gd txt?

Is it for gd auctions? then it should be default Dynadot nameservers.

...afaik...

•••
Is it for gd auctions? then it should be default Dynadot nameservers.

...afaik...
i tried dd parking. i tried ns1&2 dynadot.com. no good.

•••
•••
anyone know the exact ns settings to add a gd txt? i don't want a vague answer like...set to parking. i want the exact ns.whatever settings. dan-easy, sedo-sedoparking. gd-no way.
Isn't domaincontrol the NS for GD? I haven't used GD for a while so not sure on exact spelling. When adding TXT, NS will/must revert to default registrar's NS or it won't work. If everything is correct but GD still doesn't respond then you'll need to contact GD's support about it.

•••
Dynadot domain landing pages not working:
JQjqpdo.png

Have been like that for a while...

•••
Dynadot working fine for me (now).

•••
Dynadot domain landing pages not working:
JQjqpdo.png

Have been like that for a while...
They do web maintenance pretty often, try using the apps. Almost all function also available on their apps.

•••
@Dynadot wondering if you guys have given any more thought about making it easier to push/transfer domains to other Dynadot users? Having to tell noobies how to find their forum username is really not ideal. You said you don't use simple method (for security purposes) where we could just transfer using Dyna email account addresses. What about using auth codes internally, similar way auth codes are used to transfer out, but the auth code would work for pushing domains to another user within Dynadot? Anything to make it easier to buyers of domains not to jump through hoops to get the domain.

•••
Hello @Dynadot,
I created a new account and transferred my premium domain names from different registrar to Dynadot (security reasons).

Few days ago I got an offer on one of my domain names, and I'm in the middle of negotiation.

1669611262953.png

I tried to check if I can push the domain name to a different Dynadot account, but I keep getting this error.

1669611481599.png

On checking with the support team, I got a reply that I cannot push the domain name until my account is verified.
The support team told me that this is an automated process which takes around 3-4 months.

1669610809697.png

Since I recently transferred my domain names, they are also under a 60 day lock.
I'm into full time domain investing, I can't wait 3-4 months to move/transfer domains.

I have already verified my Email-id, phone number and whois contact details.
I am ready to provide you any documents that are required to verify my account.
Request you to please help me with the same

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1669611240126.png
    1669611240126.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 1669611419467.png
    1669611419467.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 37
•••
Dynadot needs to make the push/transfer process faster/easier, no having to explain to new buyers how to get their forum name. All other registrars I've tried make it much easier intuitive to push domains to other users on the platform. Give a(y) in a reply if you agree!

Last edited:
•••
The 60-day lock after previous transfer is optional, I don't know why Dynadot enforces it to a verified customer (client since 2008, super bulk again this year), chat support just told me that cannot be removed. At other registrars I could always request that to be changed @Dynadot ... I sent message.
https://www.dynadot.com/community/blog/60-day-domain-locks.html
(the link to opt-out doesn't explain how either)
I requested to be opt-out years ago, and never changed to opt-in.

Last edited:
•••
It got worse, while their own blog says: "Newly transferred .com and .net domains don’t carry a 60-day lock with them."
https://www.dynadot.com/community/blog/60-day-domain-locks.html

Today support just told me: "there is no way to opt out of the 60 day transfer lock" which is a lie, I am sorry to say, that transfer lock doesn't exist on Porkbun or Epik.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/dynadot-60-day-transfer-lock.1289154/#post-8770871

Update: support told me I'm correct after all. Case closed.

Last edited:
•••
Update: support told me I'm correct after all. Case closed.

Uh, that doesn't give me too much confidence in the "support" team.

*cough* Godaddy *cough* *cough!*

•••
On 29th Nov, I regged an .io name at Dynadot. Changed my mind on the 30th and requested a delete for credit via their website. It did not work. There was no error message or anything. It just went through the whole order flow and just did not process it. Thought the website might be malfunctioning and at this point I still had over 3 days left so thought to do it again the next day. On 1st dec tried it again and again the same flow. Everything worked and no error, just that it did not delete the name and process the refund. Waited one more day and repeated in the 2nd dec and the same. Goes through the entire order flow but does not delete or process refund. So, finally decided to check with the support staff.

They checked and came back with a weird reply, that since it was regged last month it cannot be deleted this month (though still the 5-day grace has not lapsed, and as I write this, it still has not lapsed). Nowhere on their website (and specifically the grace deletion info page) is this mentioned. When you try to request delete for credit again nowhere does it mention this info.

Dynadot used to be one of the most honest and straight-forward registrars and also my fav. Always liked their no-nonsense, upfront, and customer friendly policies the best. They were never the cheapest and did not try to compete on price alone. But their overall value proposition was still the best. You always knew what you were getting into upfront and there were never any nasty suprises.

But seems like their support, customer-friendly policies, upfront honesty, all is rapidly going down the drain.

•••
@forge we are constantly learning, I would rather work with someone that is willing to understand than someone that just denies after knowing it's not as they thought. I really value that honesty, I was upset but now I'm quite happy.

•••
Last time I checked, Dynadot allowed payouts to non-US sellers via paypal and I think paper check (impossible to deposit nowadays in most banks outside US anyway). Did they change this?
We do have a payout policy for accounts in USD and CNY.

•••
•••
@Dynadot wondering if you guys have given any more thought about making it easier to push/transfer domains to other Dynadot users? Having to tell noobies how to find their forum username is really not ideal. You said you don't use simple method (for security purposes) where we could just transfer using Dyna email account addresses. What about using auth codes internally, similar way auth codes are used to transfer out, but the auth code would work for pushing domains to another user within Dynadot? Anything to make it easier to buyers of domains not to jump through hoops to get the domain.
We've received many requests like yours, but haven't decided on a path that works best for our system yet. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

•••
Hello @Dynadot,
I created a new account and transferred my premium domain names from different registrar to Dynadot (security reasons).

Few days ago I got an offer on one of my domain names, and I'm in the middle of negotiation.

Show attachment 227650

I tried to check if I can push the domain name to a different Dynadot account, but I keep getting this error.

Show attachment 227652

On checking with the support team, I got a reply that I cannot push the domain name until my account is verified.
The support team told me that this is an automated process which takes around 3-4 months.

Show attachment 227648

Since I recently transferred my domain names, they are also under a 60 day lock.
I'm into full time domain investing, I can't wait 3-4 months to move/transfer domains.

Thanks in advance.
Can you PM us your username so we can take a look at your account?

•••
just transferred a domain into dynadot. transferred in from a non u.s based registrar, took only a few minutes. impressive. a bouquet to dynadot.

•••
Can you PM us your username so we can take a look at your account?
The issue has been resolved
Hello @Dynadot,

Show attachment 227650

Show attachment 227652

Show attachment 227648

Thanks in advance.
The issue has been resolved. Thankyou

•••
•••
It was for any and all of them.
Sorry about that! If you see that issue again, please let our Support team know so our engineers can address the issue right away! If the main page is down as well, please email [email protected] or [email protected] as well so our team can take a look at it.

Also, I do apologize for the delayed responses, we're working on becoming more proactive on Namepros going forward.

•••
I do apologize for the delayed responses, we're working on becoming more proactive on Namepros going forward.
Yeah, this makes sense. Dynadot will win 2022 best registrar poll, so...

The UI is great, which may be one of the reasons Dynadot wins the poll, but how about fixing all the backend issues Dynadot constantly has?

For example, Dynadot claims that the domain forwarding supports httpS. Fine. Yesterday I configured forwarding for 1 domain. So far, visiting the httpS: //thisdomain shows an error - incorrect ssl certificate. Dynadot forwarding system did not yet generate SSL certificate for the domain in question, after almost 24 hours! Why is this? Your competitor Porkbun is able to generate ssl certificates instantly.

There are number of issues and omissions reported in this and related threads. What, if anything, was done to fix the following for example? Regular shutdowns for planned maintenance. Credit card processing issues where the orders are stalled until we contact live chat asking them to process. Even a small thing (2fa text "please enter your google code", which is illogical since there are different authenticators available, not exclusively google ones) was reported months ago but is still not fixed. Saying nothing about bulk/superbulk pricing access rules - if I sold a domain on dynadot marketplace and used the proceeds to purchase or renew services, this would not be counted in annual spending...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back