Dynadot

Dynadot Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I bought a closeout domain a couple of hours ago and was expecting to see it in my account by now. Contacted Dynadot support and found out that closeout orders are completed in "about 3 days."

Why does it take so long? Seems unnecessary : )
So Closeouts happen at the tail end of the domains grace renewal cycle, after the expired auction completed. The expired auction completes about 4 days before the grace renewal period ends, in order to give the winner (and potentially 2nd place bidder) time to pay for the auctions. In this time frame, the domain can still technically be renewed by the original registrant, as we do allow all our users the full 40 day grace renewal period.

Since closeouts take place after the expired auction period, we still have to wait out the grace renewal period, so depending on what day you paid for the closeout, it could be 1-3 days before we can push it into your account, but it all depends on how much longer the grace renewal period is!

Let me know if you need more clarification, or DM me your order number if you'd like to see if I can give you a more exact date on when this will enter your account!

•••
So Closeouts happen at the tail end of the domains grace renewal cycle, after the expired auction completed. The expired auction completes about 4 days before the grace renewal period ends, in order to give the winner (and potentially 2nd place bidder) time to pay for the auctions. In this time frame, the domain can still technically be renewed by the original registrant, as we do allow all our users the full 40 day grace renewal period.

Since closeouts take place after the expired auction period, we still have to wait out the grace renewal period, so depending on what day you paid for the closeout, it could be 1-3 days before we can push it into your account, but it all depends on how much longer the grace renewal period is!

Let me know if you need more clarification, or DM me your order number if you'd like to see if I can give you a more exact date on when this will enter your account!

Got it, thank you!

For some reason, I was assuming that, if a domain is available to buy from closeouts, it's past the grace renewal period.

I was told by support that the domain I bought should be in my account on March 4 -- and, indeed, that would be the 40th day after its original expiration date.

•••
My apologies, it appears we've already added that function! On the app, select your name in the top right hand corner, select "Summary", and then select Open Orders right from the top! You can then submit payment for any auctions right from there. Let me know if you do not see it!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230304_120204_Dynadot.jpg
    Screenshot_20230304_120204_Dynadot.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 55
•••
Hi

Can i list domains registered at Epik on Dynadot marketplace ?

•••

D Haynes

That's odd, let me have my engineers take a look at that to see what's causing that!

•••
Hi

Can i list domains registered at Epik on Dynadot marketplace ?
Unfortunately only Dynadot domains can be sold on our domain marketplace sorry! The only exceptions would be domains listed on Afternic and Sedo would also have their listings show on our marketplace for purchase.

•••
Unfortunately only Dynadot domains can be sold on our domain marketplace sorry! The only exceptions would be domains listed on Afternic and Sedo would also have their listings show on our marketplace for purchase.
I do not use sedo or afternic ..

It would be greatly if Dynadot add or develop for marketplace domain transfer opt-in for domains registered elsewhere .

Just a suggestion .

I'd like to sell Epik domains through Dynadot .

Thanks

•••
I do not use sedo or afternic ..

It would be greatly if Dynadot add or develop for marketplace domain transfer opt-in for domains registered elsewhere .

Just a suggestion .

I'd like to sell Epik domains through Dynadot .

Thanks
I'll let our team know there's an interest. Thanks for the suggestion!

•••

D Haynes

Sorry for the delay, it took a bit to figure out what the issue was. So our App DOES accept auction payments...USUALLY. For the past week or so our team have been doing some updates to our App and so auction payments are currently not accepted on the app. They SHOULD be back up next week or so for you to submit payment on there! Sorry for the confusion there!

Last edited:
•••

D Haynes

Sorry for the delay, it took a bit to figure out what the issue was. So our App DOES accept auction payments...USUALLY. For the past week or so our team have been doing some updates to our App and so auction payments are currently not accepted on the app. They SHOULD be back up next week or so though for you to submit payment on there though! Sorry for the confusion there!
Thanks for the update. I'll be sure to let you know if it's working or not next time I use the auctions.

•••
Hello,

We've just launched our biggest .COM Transfer Sale yet!

Please use COMSWITCH at checkout for $8.95 on ALL Regular priced .COM Transfers! The Coupon is active until 3/1/23 0:00 UTC (while supplies last). Happy Transferring!

-Caleb
Great News! We're extending this sale until the end of March! Same Code, COMSWITCH, and same great price, $8.95 for all .COM Transfers.

•••
@calebdynadot
I am not able to access dynadot.com on my chrome browser, here in Northern Part of India. It has been 2 days now.
What could be the problem ?

1678605669976.png

•••
•••
I am not able to access dynadot.com on my chrome browser, here in Northern Part of India. It has been 2 days now.
What could be the problem ?
Yes I do apologize for that, we're currently blocked on some ISPs in India, and our team is currently working on a solution for that!

•••
Thank you Dynadot for offering competitive pricing on .ai (Anguilla/artificial intelligence). Already registered some to test the waters :)

The question. 60days lock is an ICANN thing. Dot AI, being a country code, has its own policies in all aspects. I checked registry website and did not find any info about 60 days locks. There are various domain transfer conditions mentioned such as it should be non-expired domain and that it is a separate paid service. As such, one would reasonably guess that .ai domain can be transferred to another registrar anytime. Is it correct? I mean is it safe to list my new registrations for sale right now on external platforms? Should it be sold and should I be required to provide authcode, will the registrar transfer work for a fresh (<60 days) domain, without being stopped by either the .ai registry or Dynadot?

Another question. In case of private whois (which is my preference of course), contact email shown on .ai is privacy @ dynadot. Why not to show contact form link instead, like in .com/.net case?

@calebdynadot

Last edited:
•••
This keeps happening roughly half the time I try to do anything. It's been like this for a few days now. Clearing cookies, etc doesn't help

Attachments

• dynerr.png
    dynerr.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 32
•••
This keeps happening roughly half the time I try to do anything. It's been like this for a few days now. Clearing cookies, etc doesn't help
That may be related to your IP needing Whitelisting from our site. Please DM me your username and I can investigate that for you!

•••
Thank you Dynadot for offering competitive pricing on .ai (Anguilla/artificial intelligence). Already registered some to test the waters :)

The question. 60days lock is an ICANN thing. Dot AI, being a country code, has its own policies in all aspects. I checked registry website and did not find any info about 60 days locks. There are various domain transfer conditions mentioned such as it should be non-expired domain and that it is a separate paid service. As such, one would reasonably guess that .ai domain can be transferred to another registrar anytime. Is it correct? I mean is it safe to list my new registrations for sale right now on external platforms? Should it be sold and should I be required to provide authcode, will the registrar transfer work for a fresh (<60 days) domain, without being stopped by either the .ai registry or Dynadot?
So that is correct, the .AI registry doesn't strictly enforce the 60 day transfer lock, so transferring our fairly new domains shouldn't be an issue! We wouldn't stop any domains going out unless we had our own lock on them such as a marketplace/auction lock.
Another question. In case of private whois (which is my preference of course), contact email shown on .ai is privacy @ dynadot. Why not to show contact form link instead, like in .com/.net case?
We do have the contact form at the bottom of .AI WHOIS! I can show you an example if you'd like, please DM me a domain you own and I can show you where the contact form is on our WHOIS for it :)

•••
Hi Everyone,

As with last month’s feature on bulk transfers and registrations, we're doing a monthly product feature! We’re hoping will help familiarize new users with our platform, as well as brush up some knowledge with our established users as well!

This months product feature is on our Expired Auctions!

Our Expired Auctions are a great way to grab previously owned domains that you’ve had your eye on, before they are dropped from the Registry. This way, Dynadot users get first dibs on all expiring Dynadot domains! We support over 275 TLD's in our Expired Auctions.

The Auctions begin on the 30th day of the domains expiration, and last for 7 days after that. Our system works off of Proxy Bids, so you can place your maximum bid at the start, and the system will bid for you automatically until the proxy limit is reached.

When a winner is declared, they have 48 hours to submit payment. If the winner does not pay and there were other bidders, an order is created for the runner up who has 24 hours to pay their most recent bid. The domain is moved into the winners account 4 days after the auctions end, provided the original registrant does not renew or transfer the domain away at that time.

You can also choose to pay for the auction in installments, as long as the price exceeds $100. For more information on how our installments work, please see this page here: https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/pay-in-installments. Please note: Not all Expired Auction domains are eligibile for installments. Please look for the "Installment payment option is available for this auction" tag on the domain's auction page.

Here is our expired auction page: https://www.dynadot.com/market/auction/

Some Hot Auctions right now are:

thecablepro.com
vugi.com
meur.com
gog.me

If you have any questions please feel free to DM me or reach out to [email protected]

Attachments

• 5ACEEDB0-DA31-4658-B095-3458D67B31FF.jpeg
    5ACEEDB0-DA31-4658-B095-3458D67B31FF.jpeg
    311.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot (35).png
    Screenshot (35).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot (36).png
    Screenshot (36).png
    229.9 KB · Views: 24
•••
We do have the contact form at the bottom of .AI WHOIS! I can show you an example if you'd like, please DM me a domain you own and I can show you where the contact form is on our WHOIS for it
Thank you Caleb!

Yeah, I understand what you mean. Web-based whois at dynadot.com indeed has an extra "Contact domain holder" button. This is correct. The issue is that .ai is a thick registry, so .ai whois lookups would never reach dynadot systems in the first place.

Or, in other words:
- any public web-based whois, such as https://www.whois.com/whois/ , would not show the contact button.
- port 43 whois would not show the contact link.
- the most actual registry-based whois ( http://whois.nic.ai/whois.jsp ) would not show the contact button.

I observed various styles of .ai private whois output [different registrars]. It appears that email field (how the registry processed it) does NOT require technically compliant email address, anything can be entered inside, which includes web url to contact form. Moreover, it may be possible (but somewhat complicated) to enter random emails @ privacy.dynadot.com and set email forwarding, with frequent changes of random part before the @. This is how namecheap deals with it for example...

Last edited:
•••
Thank you Caleb!

Yeah, I understand what you mean. Web-based whois at dynadot.com indeed has an extra "Contact domain holder" button. This is correct. The issue is that .ai is a thick registry, so .ai whois lookups would never reach dynadot systems in the first place.

Or, in other words:
- any public web-based whois, such as https://www.whois.com/whois/ , would not show the contact button.
- port 43 whois would not show the contact link.
- the most actual registry-based whois ( http://whois.nic.ai/whois.jsp ) would not show the contact button.

I observed various styles of .ai private whois output [different registrars]. It appears that email field (how the registry processed it) does NOT require technically compliant email address, anything can be entered inside, which includes web url to contact form. Moreover, it may be possible (but somewhat complicated) to enter random emails @ privacy.dynadot.com and set email forwarding, with frequent changes of random part before the @. This is how namecheap deals with it for example...
I see what you mean, however the [email protected] does forward to the registrants email! However I'll check to see if we can just change that to the contact form page instead.

•••
Hi @calebdynadot kindly share 15% off coupon for org domain registration
So it could be $7.65 for new org.

Thanks if it's possible

Last edited:
•••
As per the latest Dynadot newsletter:

We're writing to let you know that the .AI registry is increasing their prices next month. Because of this, our prices will be updated too.
The following will go into effect on April 15, 2023 00:00 UTC:

REGISTRATIONS & RENEWALS
• Regular: $77.99 /year
• Bulk: $76.99 /year
• Super Bulk: $75.99 /year
As a reminder, the central registry requires domains to be registered for a period of 2 years at a time. You can have your .AI domain registered for 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 years.

TRANSFERS
• $249.99
Like other extensions, a successful .AI transfer extends the expiration date by 1 year.

The last statement is wrong afaik. Unlike other extensions, successful AI transfer (costs $140 wholesale *registry fee* after 04/15) will still not extend the domain name. Moreover, if Dynadot wants to extend the domain during the transfer, an independent renewal should be requested together with the transfer (also $140 wholesale), min. 2 years... So, the only way for Dynadot to offer transfer with renewal is to pay $280 to the registry, and receive the domain renewed for 2 years as the result.

Last edited:
•••
Hi @calebdynadot
I bought a domain name yesterday on dynadot, I got debited by my bank and up till now I haven't seen the domain name on my dashboard

•••
kindly share 15% off coupon for org domain registration
So it could be $7.65 for new org.

Thanks if it's possible
Hello! It looks like we aren't able to have a .ORG Registration that low at this time, however I will update this thread in the future if we are able to offer any sort of .ORG Registration discount!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back