Dynadot

Dynadot Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I bought a domain name yesterday on dynadot, I got debited by my bank and up till now I haven't seen the domain name on my dashboard
Hello, please DM me your Order Number and Username and I can take a look into that for you!

•••
TRANSFERS
• $249.99
Like other extensions, a successful .AI transfer extends the expiration date by 1 year.

The last statement is wrong afaik. Unlike other extensions, successful AI transfer (costs $140 wholesale *registry fee* after 04/15) will still not extend the domain name. Moreover, if Dynadot wants to extend the domain during the transfer, an independent renewal should be requested together with the transfer (also $140 wholesale), min. 2 years... So, the only way for Dynadot to offer transfer with renewal is to pay $280 to the registry, and receive the domain renewed for 2 years as the result.
Hello, I did confirm with the .AI Registry that what we said in our email is indeed correct! .AI Transfers do extend the expiration by a year. If you have seen differently recently in a transferred domain, please DM me your order number so I can investigate.

Last edited:
•••
Hello, I did confirm with the .AI Registry that what we said in our email is indeed correct! .AI Transfers do extend the expiration by a year.
Thank you Caleb. So, to have all clear. Would it be correct to say that a) .ai transfers do not renew domains by default b) Dynadot opts to extend the domain, which is why the transfer fee is ~3x of normal yearly fee c) .AI registry will accept the renewal request for 1 year (instead of regular 2years min.) as a special deal for Dynadot only (or as a part of the transfer)?

I'm referring to the following:
http://whois.ai/eppfaq.html
In particular:

Do transfers cost?
Transfers cost $120. We do not recommend renewing during transfer but if you do that is an additional cost and is priced as a normal renewal. If no renewal is done then the expiration date does not change with a transfer

Can I do renew in EPP transfer domains?
We recommend not doing a renew on transfer but if you do set it to 2 years renewal.

How will prices change?
We are indexing with the US CPI for All Urban Consumers. ... <skipped> Note registrations and renewals are for 2 years.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you Caleb. So, to have all clear. Would it be correct to say that a) .ai transfers do not renew domains by default b) Dynadot opts to extend the domain, which is why the transfer fee is ~3x of normal yearly fee c) .AI registry will accept the renewal request for 1 year (instead of regular 2years min.) as a special deal for Dynadot only (or as a part of the transfer)?

I'm referring to the following:
http://whois.ai/eppfaq.html
In particular:

Do transfers cost?
Transfers cost $120. We do not recommend renewing during transfer but if you do that is an additional cost and is priced as a normal renewal. If no renewal is done then the expiration date does not change with a transfer

Can I do renew in EPP transfer domains?
We recommend not doing a renew on transfer but if you do set it to 2 years renewal.

How will prices change?
We are indexing with the US CPI for All Urban Consumers. ... <skipped> Note registrations and renewals are for 2 years.
I'm not sure if that link is up to date. However the .AI Registry DOES extend the expiration after transfer by only 1 year as opposed to the regular renewal time of 2 for .AI domains! Any Registrar should be able to take advantage of it.

Last edited:
•••
A good news. Thank you Caleb! Must be this: "We recommend not doing a renew on transfer but if you do set it to 2 years renewal." So, they recommend but not enforce 2 years renewal in this case...

•••
Could you please vary the colors of the alerts on the auction detail page?

Green color and confirmation icon are preferred for both messages "You're winning" and "You're losing". This leads to confusion when tracking multiple auctions at the same time.

In addition, it would be useful to turn off the auto-fill feature of the input box where the bid amount is entered. Browsers automatically fill in the previously entered data, so when I type $29, it fills up with $290 and if I wasn't careful, I would have entered the wrong bid.

And finally, is it possible to export the active auction list?

•••
Could you please vary the colors of the alerts on the auction detail page?

Green color and confirmation icon are preferred for both messages "You're winning" and "You're losing". This leads to confusion when tracking multiple auctions at the same time.

In addition, it would be useful to turn off the auto-fill feature of the input box where the bid amount is entered. Browsers automatically fill in the previously entered data, so when I type $29, it fills up with $290 and if I wasn't careful, I would have entered the wrong bid.

And finally, is it possible to export the active auction list?
I can for sure see how those may cause issues, I'll check with the team about making adjustments to those. Thanks for the feedback!

And yes you can indeed export the expired auction list like so: https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/download-expired-list

Last edited:
•••
@calebdynadot

Since the app updated there doesn't seem to be a "watchlist" tab any more (therefore no way to see watched auctions).

Edit - I found it. It's now hidden inside the "Tools" tab.

Last edited:
•••
Although the watchlist is different now. Clicking a name in the watchlist no longer takes you to the auction listing but gives you information about the domain. Maybe this is a different watchlist that was always there? There used to be an auction watchlist where you could bid on watched names now it seems more difficult.

•••
Although the watchlist is different now. Clicking a name in the watchlist no longer takes you to the auction listing but gives you information about the domain. Maybe this is a different watchlist that was always there? There used to be an auction watchlist where you could bid on watched names now it seems more difficult.
I'll check if our team can add an option to just go to the auction right from the watchlist!

•••
•••
@calebdynadot

I know that domains bought from Expired Auctions have a Lock status for about 15 days. But this doesn't seem to be the case with domains bought from Closeouts.

I have a Closeout domain in my account since March 3 when the order finished processing, yet the domain still has a Marketplace Lock on it now, 20 days later.

Could you please clarify, are Closeout domains locked for a longer period of time?

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
Is anyone having issues right now with the 2-Step verification codes not being sent from Dynadot?
I'm trying to complete a transfer after a sale yesterday, but the 2SV code isn't showing up.
The issue has been quickly resolved. Thanks.

Note that this was, in part, thanks to the chat with a wonderful agent named "Gabby." I got a real chuckle out of Dynadot having a chat agent with such a name!

Thanks, Dynadot, for the excellent customer service today. There were two issues today, rapidly resolved after using the chat service. Your agent was also able to confirm that the domain has been transferred. So, you made one happy seller and probably a very pleased broker on the other end!

Last edited:
•••
I know that domains bought from Expired Auctions have a Lock status for about 15 days. But this doesn't seem to be the case with domains bought from Closeouts.

I have a Closeout domain in my account since March 3 when the order finished processing, yet the domain still has a Marketplace Lock on it now, 20 days later.

Could you please clarify, are Closeout domains locked for a longer period of time?

Thanks!
Currently the Closeouts have the Buy Lock, so it is the full 30 days, however we are looking into changing that soon. Sorry about that!

•••
The issue has been quickly resolved. Thanks.

Note that this was, in part, thanks to the chat with a wonderful agent named "Gabby." I got a real chuckle out of Dynadot having a chat agent with such a name!

Thanks, Dynadot, for the excellent customer service today. There were two issues today, rapidly resolved after using the chat service. Your agent was also able to confirm that the domain has been transferred. So, you made one happy seller and probably a very pleased broker on the other end!
Glad to hear its been resolved! I'll pass your kind words on to Gabby.

•••
The new "Ask AI" feature in our control panel is really quite cool. Almost scary how good it is at creating sales pitches for our domains...

•••
If you were planning on doing any April Transfers, then I have good news for you, as we're officially extending our .COM Transfer Sale until the end of April.

Same Code: COMSWITCH. Same great price: $8.95

Last edited:
•••
Those are great news, thanks Caleb!

•••
The Dynadot For Sale landers are not optimized for viewing on a mobile when it comes to installments. If I click the "Pay in installments" button, it does not display correctly.

•••
There is discussion about having both the Afternic FT and Sedo MLS premium active at the same time for domains registered on Dynadot. This sounds like a great idea, getting the best of both worlds. However, if a sale is happening on the one network, do you have any way of blocking the sale from subsequently happening on the other.

If the Afternic FT and Sedo Premium networks were required to check first with your registrar for the immediate domain availability, that would help prevent a potential buyer from putting an order through when a sale has already happened. Does such a verification exist in the system at this point?

Finally, is this a common practice---having portfolios with listings on both Sedo MLS Premium and Afternic FT? And has this been generally problem free?

•••
"Congratulations, you’re the new auction winner! The previous high bidder for the expired domain auction failed to submit their payment in time. As such, an order has been created in your account."

Dynadot has a similar policy to NameCheap. They don't remove all fraudulent bids and ask the 2nd bidder to pay. Both registrars make it optional to make payment but it's still wrong. Without removing the bids from the auction, I am paying 10x the amount. Dynadot has been around long enough to know about snapnames and halvarez shill bidding scandal. nobody learns from history nowadays

Last edited:
•••
@silentg

If fraud bidders won't be able to pay their last bid, they probably won't be able to pay their previous bids either. It is not difficult to evaluate it in this logic, actually.

However, many organizations ignore ethical rules because their only focus is to make more money.

•••
They cancelled the transaction and it was picked up by someone already.
Are some buyers doing it on purpose so they can grab these domains from the closeout?

If it's the same buyer buying the domains right after a transaction gets cancelled, Dynadot needs to take action.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back