Dynadot

Dynadot Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The Dynadot For Sale landers are not optimized for viewing on a mobile when it comes to installments. If I click the "Pay in installments" button, it does not display correctly.
Thanks for letting me know, I'll notify our engineers!

•••
are there plans to accept crypto at all?
While we have discussed it, We don't have any immediate plans to support crypto I'm afraid! I will update this thread if we do plan on doing so though!

•••
There is discussion about having both the Afternic FT and Sedo MLS premium active at the same time for domains registered on Dynadot. This sounds like a great idea, getting the best of both worlds. However, if a sale is happening on the one network, do you have any way of blocking the sale from subsequently happening on the other.

If the Afternic FT and Sedo Premium networks were required to check first with your registrar for the immediate domain availability, that would help prevent a potential buyer from putting an order through when a sale has already happened. Does such a verification exist in the system at this point?
I have not heard of a verification that would tell you if one sale is being courted on one site so it does not lose out on the other, but I'll let our engineers know to see if there would be a way for us to implement something like that!
Finally, is this a common practice---having portfolios with listings on both Sedo MLS Premium and Afternic FT? And has this been generally problem free?
Plenty of our users use both Sedo and Afternic to list their domains, and I personally have not heard of any glaring issues when listing your domain for sale on both besides selling it on one site while still listed on the other and having to remove the listing on the other site. If anyone has had issues with the two of them being set at the same time for domains please let me know!

•••
@calebdynadot The "Sell on Afternic" seems to be a pretty cool new feature. How does this differ from listing names directly from our Afternic account? Does it provide instant ownership verification even if the domain is incorrectly listed by someone else? And are our listings automatically removed if the domain expires or leaves our Dynadot account? Thank you.

•••
The "Sell on Afternic" seems to be a pretty cool new feature. How does this differ from listing names directly from our Afternic account? Does it provide instant ownership verification even if the domain is incorrectly listed by someone else?
So this differs just a bit from the original way for now, in that once you first link your Dynadot account to your Afternic one, you actually don't have to go on Afternic at all after that to list all your domains! It can all be done from our side.

This is just the soft-launch for this feature, and we're currently working on how we can get old listings automatically removed as we know thats a very common problem.
And are our listings automatically removed if the domain expires or leaves our Dynadot account? Thank you.
Yes, Once the domain leaves your Dynadot account the listing should automatically be removed!

This is a brand new feature we're testing out, so any feedback on how we can improve it is greatly appreciated!

•••
So this differs just a bit from the original way for now, in that once you first link your Dynadot account to your Afternic one, you actually don't have to go on Afternic at all after that to list all your domains! It can all be done from our side.

This is just the soft-launch for this feature, and we're currently working on how we can get old listings automatically removed as we know thats a very common problem.

Yes, Once the domain leaves your Dynadot account the listing should automatically be removed!

This is a brand new feature we're testing out, so any feedback on how we can improve it is greatly appreciated!
This is a great feature. It would indeed be fantastic if it could verify ownership and remove old listings since this is the biggest problem at Afternic I think.

•••
This is a great feature. It would indeed be fantastic if it could verify ownership and remove old listings since this is the biggest problem at Afternic I think.
Glad to hear you appreciate it! Yes once we finally have that down it will make listing at Afternic a much more seamless experience.

•••

This would be huge. Same for sedo listings. If you can set this up you'll gain a ton of new domains I guarantee it. Keeping track of marketplaces, verifying, removing duplicates, it's a huge pain in the a

•••
Dynadot really should prevent Auctions like this.

Domain is Cordova.CAM.

253101-d95d2651493fc9f0e2e85a1756789b56.data

Attachments

• IMG_20230415_131941_224.png
    IMG_20230415_131941_224.png
    298.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
•••
Dynadot really should prevent Auctions like this.

Domain is Cordova.CAM.

253101-d95d2651493fc9f0e2e85a1756789b56.data
Hello! Sorry, I'm not quite sure what the issue is, could you please elaborate?

•••
Hey Everyone,

We’re continuing our Product Feature series again to help familiarize new and existing Dynadot users with some of the tools and products we offer to help make your Dynadot experience as smooth as possible!

This month our feature is on listing your Dynadot domain on Afternic’s marketplace! As you know, Dynadot is integrated with both Afternic Fast Transfer and Sedo MLS network. We currently have two ways to go about this: listing your domain on Afternic's side, and our brand new way of listing it directly from your Dynadot Account! We currently do not have a direct listing way with Sedo as of yet.

The newest way we’ve just launched is called “Afternic List for Sale” and only requires you log in to your Afternic account once! Once your account is linked, you can freely list domains on Afternic right from your Dynadot Account without having to log in or link the account again. I have attached photos below that show how it will look on your Control Panel.

Here’s how to get started:
  1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
  3. Select the Domain that you want to list on Afternic.
  4. In the top right hand corner, select the “Sell Domain” button.
  5. Click the “Start” button beside the “Sell on Afternic” option from the drop-down.
  6. It will then prompt you to unlock your account if you have not done so.
  7. Select “Link Account”
  8. You will then be re-directed to Afternic’s Sign in page. Sign in to your Afternic account, sign Afternic's service agreement and your account will now be linked!
  9. You can then select the “Sell on Afternic” function again and it will allow you to set your domain’s price and hit save.
  10. Your domain is now listed for sale with Afternic!
You can also list multiple domains at once just by selecting the check-boxes in the “Manage Domains” section, hitting Bulk-Action, and then hitting the “Sell on Afternic” option! You can have the price be the same for all domains your setting, as well as set individual prices for domains.

Also, once a domain leaves your Dynadot account, the Afternic listing is removed as well.Here’s the old way to list your domain with Afternic’s Fast Transfer system:

1. Sign in to your Afternic account.
  2. Go to "Sell Domains," then "Add Domains to Sell."
  3. Enter your domain(s) in the text area and click "Continue to Step 2".
  4. For the "Promotion Level", choose "DLS Premium".
  5. Enter the selling price for the domain and click "Continue to Step 3".
  6. Click on the "Finished" button.
After that, it may take a bit of time for the Afternic system to send us the request, at which you will receive an email for confirmation to accept it within your Dynadot account . Once you have received the email, here is how to set the domain at Afternic from your Dynadot Control Panel:
  1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
  3. Check the box next to the domain name(s) requiring confirmation.
  4. From the "Bulk Action" drop-down menu, choose the "Set Afternic" option.
  5. Select "Confirm Afternic" from the drop-down list.
  6. Click on the "Save Settings" button.
Once you confirm the Afternic Setting, your domain will be set up for Afternic Fast Transfer and will be Transferred automatically if the domain is sold on Afternic’s marketplace!While it currently isn’t possible to bump a previous listing on Afternic, that is something we’re currently working on and should have functional in the next couple months here!

(Please note, all domains must be eligible for transfer to be listed on Afternic’s marketplace as in they must at least 60 days old)

Attachments

• Screenshot (54).png
    Screenshot (54).png
    271.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot (55).png
    Screenshot (55).png
    111.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot (56).png
    Screenshot (56).png
    58.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot (57).png
    Screenshot (57).png
    95.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot (58).png
    Screenshot (58).png
    202.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot (59).png
    Screenshot (59).png
    131.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
•••
Why does Dynadot allow a domain owner to renew a domain AFTER the Expired Domain Auction has ended?? I have had almost 30 auctions CANCELLED within to past 3 weeks! Wouldn't it just be simpler to start the auction a few days later, so this doesn't happen? This is very frustrating and a big waste of time when this happens. It's starting to become pointless to participate in auctions now.

•••
Creation Date: 2022-03-17T05:51:42Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2024-03-17T05:51:42Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date:
Registrar: Dynadot, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 472
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.6502620100
Reseller:
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https : // icann . org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: autoRenewPeriod https : / / icann . org / epp#autoRenewPeriod
My domain is ok? I bought a domain from Dynadot Market - Closeout

•••
Why does Dynadot allow a domain owner to renew a domain AFTER the Expired Domain Auction has ended?? I have had almost 30 auctions CANCELLED within to past 3 weeks! Wouldn't it just be simpler to start the auction a few days later, so this doesn't happen? This is very frustrating and a big waste of time when this happens. It's starting to become pointless to participate in auctions now.
I certainly understand your frustration with it, as it's something I've heard reiterated from many within the domaining community about our platform.

We can only host expired auctions like these within the 40 Grace Renewal days (otherwise it would need to be restored from the Registry for a much higher cost, and even then the original owner could still send a restoration through themselves while the auction is taking place). Since we currently offer the full 40 days of grace renewal for all our customers, renewal or transferring is unfortunately some of the risks involved with our expired auctions.

As I said, it is something we've heard loud and clear from the community, and it is on our list to re-work this year. However, it may take some time to get right as we will need to re-work how a lot of our system functions to accommodate that so I do apologize in the mean time for cancelled auctions!

•••
My domain is ok? I bought a domain from Dynadot Market - Closeout
Everything should be okay with your domain! Please DM me your username and the Domain name in question so I can double-check for you!

•••
I certainly understand your frustration with it, as it's something I've heard reiterated from many within the domaining community about our platform.

We can only host expired auctions like these within the 40 Grace Renewal days (otherwise it would need to be restored from the Registry for a much higher cost, and even then the original owner could still send a restoration through themselves while the auction is taking place). Since we currently offer the full 40 days of grace renewal for all our customers, renewal or transferring is unfortunately some of the risks involved with our expired auctions.

As I said, it is something we've heard loud and clear from the community, and it is on our list to re-work this year. However, it may take some time to get right as we will need to re-work how a lot of our system functions to accommodate that so I do apologize in the mean time for cancelled auctions!
3 more canceled today!

•••
anyone know the generic not for sale landing page nameservers for dd ? i tried ns 1& 2 and dynadotparking with with no success. does dd even have landing page that is not parking or for sale related?

Last edited:
•••
anyone know the generic not for sale landing page nameservers for dd ? i tried ns 1& 2 and dynadotparking with with no success. does dd even have landing page that is not parking or for sale related?
Our NameServers are: NS1.DYNA-NS.NET NS2.DYNA-NS.NET, however those are just our Parking/Forwarding/DNS servers and you can't set them using the 'name servers' function.

The only basic landing page we have is our Parking!

•••
Our NameServers are: NS1.DYNA-NS.NET NS2.DYNA-NS.NET, however those are just our Parking/Forwarding/DNS servers and you can't set them using the 'name servers' function.

The only basic landing page we have is our Parking!
is the parking page you are referring to the same as the one that is automatically set when a domain is registered?

•••
is the parking page you are referring to the same as the one that is automatically set when a domain is registered?
Yep that's the one!

•••
6 won auctions canceled yesterday! Very time consuming to go through domains for hours to decide which ones I am going to bid on, spend many hours bidding on each domain right before the auction ends, just to have them all cancel. I love Dynadot, but don't understand why they're the only registrar that allows this.

•••
6 won auctions canceled yesterday! Very time consuming to go through domains for hours to decide which ones I am going to bid on, spend many hours bidding on each domain right before the auction ends, just to have them all cancel. I love Dynadot, but don't understand why they're the only registrar that allows this.
I'm sorry this keeps happening to you! We're currently working on our fixing our expired auctions this year!

•••
Where are the "folders"? What happened?

nofolders.jpg

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back