NameSilo

Dynadot Official Thread

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
when did dd lower xyz's to .88? they were .99 for the longest time.

•••
"Please enter your sms code" - but I am not receiving any SMS code for the login! It had been working for me, but now all of a sudden I am not receiving the code anymore. Same phone, same phone number, same country, same provider. This SMS code login is not reliable, now I cannot access my account.
I know there is a button to remove the SMS login, but I don't want to remove it, I just want that SMS code to arrive :) It works on other websites, but on Dynadot now it isn't working.

•••
Please make promotions .info domains for 1$-1.5$. On Sav.com I can buy .info domain for $1.95.

•••
Website down for a long time today. Not good.

•••
Website down for a long time today. Not good.
Agreed. Its been at least an hour right now. Same yesterday. Why is Dynadot the only registrar that literally needs to stop functioning for periods of time every single day?

•••
Now I have received an email from Dynadot asking me to change my password due to "irregular activity". But the site has been down for more than two and a half hours, and last time I logged in before their maintenance, there had only been logins from my own IP address.

This is a bit worrisome. Has anyone else received a similar email?

•••
I received the same email.

I don't like this. Moreover, I need to transfer one domain I sold yesterday and now can't. Starting to worry about all my domains having with Dynadot.

•••
Now I have received an email from Dynadot asking me to change my password due to "irregular activity". But the site has been down for more than two and a half hours, and last time I logged in before their maintenance, there had only been logins from my own IP address.

I just received the same email to change my password.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
I am in the US and I did not receive an email. Hope this isn’t caused by some site attack.

Do you all have two factor on? The site has been unresponsive for hours now.

Last edited:
•••
Website is down for the last many hours. Also keeping the site down in maintenance mode without prior notification is totally unprofessional. They've to inform well in advance along with the estimated downtime.

•••
Have they been compromised, if so they should halt all transfer outs for 24 hours….

•••
Been getting the "We will be back soon" all morning. Just got the "You entered the incorrect password too many times" and now its back to "We will be back soon"

Sounds like they had or suspect a breach.

•••
Website is down for the last many hours. Also keeping the site down in maintenance mode without prior notification is totally unprofessional. They've to inform well in advance along with the estimated downtime.
Most likely trying to figure out what happened, and protect accounts from movement, not exactly a bad move, but need to communicate better.

•••
Ok, just got back in with new password.

Last edited:
•••
You can’t log in now without changing password. Fix this Dynadot for once and for all.

•••
Most likely trying to figure out what happened, and protect accounts from movement, not exactly a bad move, but need to communicate better.

Yeah, protection should be the first priority which I'm sure they're doing it. I hope they'll inform their clients regarding this downtime which has been happening quite frequently. This one was for many hours as the site is back up now!

•••
I received the same email. I think they might have been compromised.

2FA is active though...

•••
Yes, I received this email this morning (EST timezone)

•••
For those who receive to change password CAN'T login in accounts until password is not reset

•••
I still love Dynadot, but they need to fix the downtime and get back to communicating regularly here since so may domain investors use them.

•••
i wonder if it's safe to change pw by visiting the site or should i wait for an email with a link?

•••
I'm having trouble resetting my password, as I entered my username it always says "no username was found" try to reach them via online chat but the system is currently busy.

Last edited:
•••
"Our website will be down for maintenance until approximately 06:00 am PST. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We will be making updates on the maintenance progress on our social media channels during the outage.
Please note your domain names and websites will remain online."

Just got this on email. It confirms to me, they probably have been hacked.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back