Dynadot

Dynadot Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They visit NamePros - only when you DM them...
Or use their LiveChat.

Last edited:
•••
Need .com Transfer promo code😁

•••
Did Dynadot stop (or never started?) generating LetsEncrypt SSL certificates for domain forwarding?

Example: somedomain.com is using dynadot dns with "forwarding" (or "domain forwarding" configuration setup alone). If somedomain.com is requested via https, the forwarding server responds with:

Server certificate:
subject: CN=*.dynadot.com
start date: Jul 24 13:41:35 2021 GMT
expire date: Aug 25 13:41:35 2022 GMT
subjectAltName does not match somedomain.com
SSL: no alternative certificate subject name matches target host name 'somedomain.com'
stopped the pause stream!

Domains using the marketplace lander (they are also forwarded and DynaDot dns is used) are not affected though.

If there is something that prevents Dynadot from applying ssl to custom domain forwarding, then the server should at least stop responding to https requests at all...

@Dynadot
Domains using our forwarding service should still automatically have an SSL certificate generated and applied, would it be possible to PM us with the affected domains so we could investigate that further? Thank you.

•••
Need .com Transfer promo code😁
I'm sorry, we don't have any transfer discounts available for .COM domains at this time, unfortunately.

•••
* This case is pending legal action. Message removed. *

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

I won a domain in auction at Dynadot last month.

The sale completed last month.

The name was in my account for several weeks.

Today, out of nowhere, Dynadot stole the domain out of my account and refunded me for the auction.

No explanation except for "this was a mistake".

This is unacceptable.

Once an auction is finalized and the domain is transferred into a user's account, that domain belongs to the new owner.

Dynadot, you stole a domain from my account that did not belong to you.

Please return my domain immediately!

Well, this is a first for Dynadot. I stay away from other registrars & go to Dynadot because of such stories.

What was the domain? I've seen some members here dig up some stuff when such things happen, stuff to help the domainer. So it might help to share it publicly.

•••

Last edited:
•••
Not to heap on the pain but I recently took part in a Dynadot auction and initially did not win the domain.

There were only two bidders in this auction. Myself and one other bidder.

Unfortunately the other bidder did not pay so I was then crowned the winner as the second highest bidder (and only other bidder).

I was surprised when I was asked to pay my full proxy bid even though it was a 'fake' buyer who bid this auction up.

I was then told my account would be banned if I did not pay.

As many complaints as there are about GoDaddy at least they roll back to the lowest real bid, but this is obviously not how it works at Dynadot.

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
When such things allegedly happen at GoDaddy, their rep. usually addresses some aspects of a situation here on the forum, which is a positive.

Maybe someone from @Dynadot would do the same here? Since Dynadot is beloved & this is highly unusual. Hope you can clear things up

Last edited:
•••
Not to heap on the pain but I recently took part in a Dynadot auction and initially did not win the domain.

There were only two bidders in this auction. Myself and one other bidder.

Unfortunately the other bidder did not pay so I was then crowned the winner as the second highest bidder (and only other bidder).

I was surprised when I was asked to pay my full proxy bid even though it was a 'fake' buyer who bid this auction up.

I was then told my account would be banned if I did not pay.

As many complaints as there are about GoDaddy at least they roll back to the lowest real bid, but this is obviously not how it works at Dynadot.
Our team can review auctions such as this on a case-by-case basis to check for proxy bidding, we'd just need to ask you to contact our support team if this occurs in the future. You are also under no obligation to pay for an auction if you are offered the domain as the second-highest bidder, and no bans or restrictions are placed on your account if you decide not to pay for the auction if you were the second-highest bidder.

•••
@Dynadot, I have several CC.org domains registered with you, but when buyers enter them into search, they see an error instead of information that the domain can be bought. Could you please clear up this misunderstanding?
dyndot2021-10-14.png

•••
@Dynadot, I have several CC.org domains registered with you, but when buyers enter them into search, they see an error instead of information that the domain can be bought. Could you please clear up this misunderstanding?
Show attachment 201903
I'm sorry about that, and thank you for letting us know. I have forwarded this on to our team for investigation and we'll let you know when we have an update on this.

•••
Our team can review auctions such as this on a case-by-case basis to check for proxy bidding, we'd just need to ask you to contact our support team if this occurs in the future. You are also under no obligation to pay for an auction if you are offered the domain as the second-highest bidder, and no bans or restrictions are placed on your account if you decide not to pay for the auction if you were the second-highest bidder.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Is it not possible to update your billing system to default to the lowest valid bid?

It's a little misleading to send an invoice for the full proxy bid when that is not the lowest valid bid.

I can imagine many users have simply paid your invoices as the second auction winner without realising their auction may have been manipulated.

•••
Does Dynadot have a Discount Club for better pricing, similar to GoDaddy?

•••
•••
•••
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:

Guys, Did you see a registrar that hide the number of backorders after domain released to auction? They make sure no one can know how much people that backorder the name after its release to auction. It's Dynadot of course. I can't imagine every domain I backorder goes to auction somehow even no one else backorder as me.

•••
Been away for a while and it was time to add some inventory back to replace what I’ve sold. Always liked Dynadot and used to have a lot of names there.

The expired auctions still drive me nuts though. I’ve won 7 so far and 3 have already been clawed back. Still waiting to see if the other 4 actually end up mine.

I can’t believe you can’t change the auction timing a little to keep people from using the expired auction to see if any of their names are worth a crap before they renew them.

A lot of wasted time sifting through listings and watching end times just to get a large percentage pulled back.

•••
I can't imagine every domain I backorder goes to auction somehow even no one else backorder as me.

and why can it start the auction at higher price than the backorder price? if no one bids, who gets it? 'somewhere' I saw that domains with multiple backorders are sent to auction. how else can one tell if there are multiple backorders?

•••
@Dynadot have you ever considered making it a little easier to transfer/push domains to other Dynadot accounts? The way it is now, it's not difficult for those who are familiar w/ the "forum name" requirement for transfer... but to be honest for newbies & non-domainers wouldn't it just be way easier if we could use their associated Dynadot account EMAIL ADDRESS to transfer/push domains to their Dynadot account? It's one less hoop to jump through for new domain/site buyers who want a friction free transfer of site/domains.

Another idea to make it super easy for transfers between Dynadot accounts > Put a request to transfer domain link in the Dynadot dashboard. Where a user can initiate a request for a domain to be transferred to them from another Dynadot account. So for example, user can click on "request transfer", user submits the domain name (thedomainibought.com), Dynadot then sends email to the domain owner/seller, seller approves the transfer/push request from the other user. This could be a really useful feature and cut down on time required explaining to people how to find their forum name, etc...

Any thoughts on these suggestions?
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
@Dynadot have you ever considered making it a little easier to transfer/push domains to other Dynadot accounts? The way it is now, it's not difficult for those who are familiar w/ the "forum name" requirement for transfer... but to be honest for newbies & non-domainers wouldn't it just be way easier if we could use their associated Dynadot account EMAIL ADDRESS to transfer/push domains to their Dynadot account? It's one less hoop to jump through for new domain/site buyers who want a friction free transfer of site/domains.

Another idea to make it super easy for transfers between Dynadot accounts > Put a request to transfer domain link in the Dynadot dashboard. Where a user can initiate a request for a domain to be transferred to them from another Dynadot account. So for example, user can click on "request transfer", user submits the domain name (thedomainibought.com), Dynadot then sends email to the domain owner/seller, seller approves the transfer/push request from the other user. This could be a really useful feature and cut down on time required explaining to people how to find their forum name, etc...

Any thoughts on these suggestions?
Thanks
Hmmm...Nice idea. Hope they consider this

•••
Hi all!

Contact information:

Dynadot is My Fave Registrar!​

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back