IT.COM

Dynadot Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What do you mean? I got this from Dynadot via email.
that's what i was wondering. i have had no contact from dd today.

•••
that's what i was wondering. i have had no contact from dd today.
Do you have and use an API key at them?

Edit: Maybe it is a partial breach, they send it to the affected accounts or the larger accounts... who knows. Until we hear from them exactly what this is, we can only make assumptions. The only clear thing is that something happened, and by the looks of it it very much walks and quacks like a security breach.

Last edited:
•••
Do you have and use an API key at them?

Edit: Maybe it is a partial breach, they send it to the affected accounts or the larger accounts... who knows. Until we hear from them exactly what this is, we can only make assumptions. The only clear thing is that something happened, and by the looks of it very much walks and quacks like a security breach.
no

•••
Last edited:
•••
(resolved)

Last edited:
•••
finally got an email from dd, more than 24 hours after the "incident". they suggested i update my pw, i did that within minutes of realizing something was wrong. i think i'm ok. btw i also transferred 90% of my dd prepay out. still waiting for that to go through. anyone know how long dd paypal payout requests take?

•••
If it was a hack they are required to reveal that. Us speculating or accusing isn’t useful.

•••
I've used the old API key yesterday which didn't work. Changed it and all working fine again!

•••
Dynadot has now provided an update regarding the incident yesterday, but do not give much information:

https://www.dynadot.com/community/blog/dynadot-june-15-downtime.html
"Irregular activity" means either:

1) they have no clue as to what happened and why, OR

2) they know what happened - but won't tell us.

Either way, it's the same thing.

I think it's about time my thousands names move out of Dynadot. I've been an advocate of them until this moment.

I really dislike this situation and lack of transparency of this registrar. This is NOT how you handle such a situation.

Last edited:
•••
Just today, I was about to register a new domain name and suddenly I couldn't log in. So I decided to contact the chat support. I was advice that my account was on locked up so i need to email [email protected], So i did it. After a few hours i received and email but not the reset password link, so I reply back that the reset password link is not working. So the emailed me again with the link directly from the support team. So again after few hours the link associated with the account was the other account i have created not the account where my domains are registered. Again, I chat the support and tell them that the username of my account was ***** where most of my domains are registered. So the support told me again they send a reset password associated with the email address on the account, and again I have not received any reset password link. I was again advice to email the account and tell them that i am not receiving the reset email and request for a change email on my account.
Before the support chat ends, I tried to send a test email using my gmail account to the email link to my dynadot account and received it in a matter of seconds, and i tried it again the second time after the email by the support requesting me to send an id that matches the name on file to update the email address, and again i received the test email. Now I requested the support to send me the reset password to the email on file where i can successfully received test email from my gmail to reset the login password.

I have been using dynadot for almost to 9 years now and this is my first time I have encountered this.
I have wasted the whole day to register a client domain name and still waiting this to be sort out.
I am attaching my passport copy as they required and id. Will update everyone soon. Hope you can help me to sort this out.
*****email is replaced******* issue is solved*********

Last edited:
•••
Getting delays and "problem" statuses on every order I make since last few days. Anyone else getting the same?

•••
The same. Tried to submit a prepayment, small amount. Order status: "problem". No further notifications. No billing attempts @ my bank. Support chat: offline (not a surprise for Sunday morning?). No way to cancel the order or change payment method (does it make sense, it seems Dynadot never tried to charge the credit card)

Last edited:
•••
The same. Tried to submit a prepayment, small amount. Order status: "problem". No further notifications. No billing attempts @ my bank. Support chat: offline (not a surprise for Sunday morning?). No way to cancel the order or change payment method (does it make sense, it seems Dynadot never tried to charge the credit card)
Chat support agent was able to process the order in 1 minute. ok, I can/could wait. Fine. But, what about a regular enduser who might try to purchase aftermarket domain? :(

•••
Are you using CC?? If you did, please monitor your bank statement everyday from now onwards!! 2 days after my first time entering CVV since the "unknown activity", someone else from UK IP address used my card to buy creepy shit at Aliexpress!!! I managed to evacuate my money out before the hacker did further damage. I wasted so much time contacting both Payoneer and Aliexpress but both companies are idiots, telling me to contact the other company instead and refusing to reverse the payment!!

I thought I was the only random victim facing these "problem" orders but now that there's more, I must now issue this warning before anyone else gets hit:
WARNING!!! STARTING MID-JUNE, DO NOT ENTER YOUR CREDIT/DEBIT CARD DETAILS AT DYNADOT AND IF YOU ALREADY DID SO, PERFORM DAILY MONITORING ON YOUR BANK/PAYMENT ACCOUNT/S!!!
@Dynadot WHAT GOOD ARE ALL THESE YEARS OF DISRUPTIVE MAINTENANCE FOR WHEN THE SECURITY IS AS BAD AS EPIK!!!

Here's other details just in case:
------------------
Current login IP logs all normal, so this can only be inside spying.

Currently no unauthorized domain movements so far. (All reg-fee domains except a few cheaply acquired auction domains)

Card was also used offline at 1 gas/convenience store around the same time which is another reason why I didn't issue warning early, ATM and wave; but I highly doubt ATM is compromised because there was a "disappointed-looking" staff member sitting right in front the ATM, so chances are there weren't skimming devices. And I don't think a "wave" could give so much compromising info would it?? If there is, I want to know. Will check the ATM again next day just in case.

•••
Are you using CC?? If you did, [COLOR=hsl(3, 61%, 54%)]please monitor your bank statement everyday from now onwards!![/COLOR]
Yes, this makes sense. Unfortunately, Dyna never bothered to clarify what "irregular activity" occured in June, and what, if any, account details were / might be compromised :(
someone else from UK IP address used my card to buy creepy shit at Aliexpress!!!
As a matter of curiosity, was it aliexpress who told you an IP etc.? Contacting their customer service is a mission impossible alone...

•••
Yes, this makes sense. Unfortunately, Dyna never bothered to clarify what "irregular activity" occured in June, and what, if any, account details were / might be compromised :(

As a matter of curiosity, was it aliexpress who told you an IP etc.? Contacting their customer service is a mission impossible alone...
Ali only sent me account number details. I myself had to decipher the account code which was easy because the first 2 letters indicate the country when signing up. Also the currency only showed GBP once I used VPN UK IP on Ali. GBP was the currency used by the hacker on Ali. GBP was shown on my statement.

It's a bit complicated at first when contacting Ali because there's a bot but you must keep clicking and replying the bot until you see the option to enable direct live chat. I myself have previous experience with other support-avoiding companies like Grab so I knew what to do.

But getting to human is equally pointless because of the end result. All nice words and fluent English but useless end result. One thing's for sure, I'll never buy from Aliexpress seeing this kind of fake support.

•••
Dear Dynadot, please make a promotion for .info domain for 1-2$. I can buy from Sav.com for $1.95, but I don't have money on Sav.com. :xf.laugh:

Last edited:
•••
; but I highly doubt ATM is compromised because there was a "disappointed-looking" staff member sitting right in front the ATM, so chances are there weren't skimming devices.
LOL. Or maybe he was waiting for someone to use the atm so he could remove the skimmer and use your card.

•••
Card was also used offline at 1 gas/convenience store around the same time which is another reason why I didn't issue warning early, ATM and wave; but I highly doubt ATM is compromised because there was a "disappointed-looking" staff member sitting right in front the ATM, so chances are there weren't skimming devices. And I don't think a "wave" could give so much compromising info would it?? If there is, I want to know. Will check the ATM again next day just in case.
Checked the ATM today, same card slot, tried to pull out slot and keypad. Nothing came out. So 100% Dynadot leaking info. Unless POS merchant is able to steal critical info with a wave.

•••
Now Custom DNS removed
I need to add TXT record but keep my NS i want not @Dynadot want
Hey @Dynadot you have a major tech problem

Add here FIELD where we can add a TXT record is VERY SIMPLE @Dynadot

Even after i add TXT record using Dynadot NS not show TXT record on Whois WHEN SHOULD BE SHOW
Fix the problem @Dynadot

Show attachment 219918

•••
Now Custom DNS removed
I need to add TXT record but keep my NS i want not @Dynadot want
Hey @Dynadot you have a major tech problem

Add here FIELD where we can add a TXT record is VERY SIMPLE @Dynadot

Even after i add TXT record using Dynadot NS not show TXT record on Whois WHEN SHOULD BE SHOW
Fix the problem @Dynadot

Show attachment 219918
Since when can someone add custom records with non-registrar servers? Sorry if noob question but I never managed to add any custom record with non-registrar servers.

Last edited:
•••
Since when can someone add custom records with non-registrar servers? Sorry if noob question but I never managed to add any custom record with non-registrar servers.
Epik ( if i remember ) , GoDaddy guess , 101Domains & also Dynadot was possible in the past but they removed was named "Custom DNS" now can be only if used NS Dynadot

•••
I swear, I have never seen even a small .tv coupon from any registrar. C'mon...Tuvalu government is going to nominate me with the Crown of Honor and no coupons yet?

Last edited:
•••
I've been notified that I was the second highest bidder in a recent auction and as the highest bidder didn't pay I now have the opportunity to buy the name for my highest bid.

The problem is I am unable to obtain the bidding log for the auction. The CS reps on email and live chat seem to think they don't have that information (how do they know I was second highest and for what price). Also I have to say it was a pretty dissapointing experience with customer service.

What I want to figure out is whether they remove all bids from the non-payer or if it's a shill bidders wet dream and they have only removed the top bid. I'm almost certain they have only removed the top bid as I remember bidding but without being able to view the auction log I can't be 100%.

Has anyone else looked into this?

@Dynadot

•••
I just now see weeks of troubling feedback for Dynadot.

And tonight I failed twice to log in, my valid pw is not accepted.

What the hell is going on? Can anyone also try to log in?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back