IT.COM

Dynadot Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i wonder if it's safe to change pw by visiting the site or should i wait for an email with a link?
The password changing link in the email doesn't work which we all received initially. You've to manually click the password reset link to get a new email.

•••
For those who receive to change password CAN'T login in accounts until password is not reset

For all accounts the password/s MUST BE RESET
Maybe they LOST passwords or a breach something like this

Last edited:
•••
You will need to, when you go to Dynadot site, enter your username and then it will send you a link to set a new password. Their site is now up again.

Last edited:
•••
I received the same email, but the link in that email to change the password doesn't work.

But just login as usual on the Dynadot website, then you will be prompted to change your password. I changed my password, now I can login again.

By the way don't use the same username on Dynadot which you use on other websites, such as on Namepros. You can change your login username as well. Just use random characters for the username.

•••
DO NOT CHANGE YOUR PASOWRD USING THE LINKS PROVIDED in THE EMAIL

all links are HTTP and not HTTPS

this really look like someone took control, or impersonate DYNADOT which is easier than you may think

the format of this email is plain text, while Dynadot emails are HTML/Rich-text formated

and the signature is just screaming bad copy

i'll suggest you report any account activity to tomorrow or later in the day, just to stay safe

•••
I can't reset my password it always say "no username found"
anyone facing the same problem?

•••
For all accounts the password/s MUST BE RESET
Maybe they LOST passwords or a breach something like this

No matter if you receive or not emails

Last edited:
•••
Try first "Forgot username" & after reset password - worked for me

•••
•••
Reset or nor reset password ? May be they can repair website ?

•••
Where can I see the complete account activity, such as the login history with IP addresses, the activity history such as nameserver changes, transfer-out requests, successful transfer-outs, domain name status change etc.?

•••
Reset or nor reset password ? May be they can repair website ?
You CAN'T login on your account/s if you don't reset password
Personal i reset . But who don't want to reset can wait until @Dynadot explain here what happen and need to do

•••
Screenshot_20220615_220407.jpg

•••

I'm experiencing the same thing. I also didn't receive any email. :xf.confused:

•••
does dd have a rep around here?

•••
I did not reset it through the link in the first notification email about unusual activity, just in case.

I reset it through logging in, they force you to reset, I checked for https, nothing looked suspicious.

Hope all is fine now..

•••
Change your Dynadot username as well, it doesn't hurt.

Under My Info - Security you can enable the signin notifications:

Signin Notifications
Email me when my account is signed into.

•••
Bit of a ball ache - but at least it's done, thanks for advice on here - definitely worth considering changing your username as mentioned above......

•••
I changed my password, everything worked! (y)

•••
Where can I see the complete account activity, such as the login history with IP addresses, the activity history such as nameserver changes, transfer-out requests, successful transfer-outs, domain name status change etc.?

Once you're logged in, https://www.dynadot.com/account - you'll see Hello, YOUR NAME and below that is the link Recent Logins. Click that to see the details.

•••
Deja vu (Epik hack...?). As far as I remember, in Epik case it was determined that U.S.-based companies do have an obligation to disclose such things both to customers and to some (unsure what exactly) gov. authority.
Dyna must clarify what exactly happened and how. In particular, what, if anything, was compromised. How about saved CC details for example????

•••
They can't disclose anything until they have completely assessed the situation and also took some measures.

With Epik disclosure went fast because the hackers disclosed it early.

I'm pretty sure Dynadot will release some information when the moment comes. Currently they might be red hot busy doing damage assessment, whatever the damage is.

•••
"We have reset your API Key for your account security. Please login to your Dynadot account to generate your new API Key to continue using our Dynadot API.

To generate your new API Key for ****, please visit:
Account API Settings"

Definitely a hack.

•••
"We have reset your API Key for your account security. Please login to your Dynadot account to generate your new API Key to continue using our Dynadot API.

To generate your new API Key for ****, please visit:
Account API Settings"

Definitely a hack.
where did that come from?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back