Domain Empire

Dynadot Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Trying to transfer names in and the payment still has not gone through after 10min?

Why so slow all of sudden - never had any issues before today.........

Last edited:
•••
Trying to transfer names in and the payment still has not gone through after 10min?

Why so slow all of sudden - never had any issues before today.........
Money still not been taking.....

Ridiculous.....

•••
I got offer for a domain name via Dynadot marketplace - there is no info how long Accept Offer button will be visible. After making counter offer, I don't know how long my offer will be valid and can I retract it.
I'm sorry for the delayed response, I have escalated your query to our aftermarket team for clarification and we will update the thread when we have more information on that.

•••
Money still not been taking.....

Ridiculous.....
I'm sorry to hear that, would it be possible to PM us with your Dynadot username and the order number so we can check what happened with the order?

•••
I'm sorry to hear that, would it be possible to PM us with your Dynadot username and the order number so we can check what happened with the order?
Will do

Last edited:
•••
@Dynadot

ok what is this with the security check (while searching for domains) guys. If I have chosen you as a primary registrar, have 200-300+ domains with you, naturally i will open your site and look for domains in your search bar, but after every 2-3 searches i have to fill in a captcha.... it's just annoying, it disrupts the flow of ideas and combinations i am making in my head while searching for related words.... i will naturally go to other registrars... and while doing so if by chance i see a better .com (or any tld pricing) pricing at them...BOOM you lost a sale... it is liking hitting your foot with an axe.

Last edited:
•••
You're welcome, and I'm sorry for the issues with SedoMLS over the weekend and past few days. I see that our team detected and resolved the issue yesterday and requested that Sedo retry and failed requests if possible, so hopefully any requests that had been sent from Sedo during the downtime should now be filtering through to our system.
This issue again...

•••
@Dynadot could you please implement the automatic Afternic Fast Transfer confirmation email after the 60-day lock has passed?

My problem is that when I add a Dynadot-registered domain to Afternic and if that domain is not yet eligible for Fast Transfer, then even when the domain will become eligible later for Fast Transfer, Dynadot will not send me the Fast Transfer confirmation email. I have to take manual action, which is very inconvenient when you have a lot of domains.

I noticed that other members here on Namepros have been asking for this feature for years. Please implement it.

•••
SedoMLS activation doesn't work at least 1 week and counting...

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Just tried to activate one (eligible) .com domain, >60 days old. Still nothing - waiting ~30 minutes already :(
Waiting for Dyna email?
They don't send it.
You must confirm in their panel, select this domain and then via Bulk actions - set MLS.

•••
Waiting for Dyna email?
They don't send it.
You must confirm in their panel, select this domain and then via Bulk actions - set MLS.
Nothing new in control panel... No sedo activation link on the domain in question :( I though they started to send out emails, at least it was the case with a recent Afternic DLS activated domain...

•••
Strangely, I have activated it within 1 minute just before your post.

Last edited:
•••
It was just very temporary effect.
As of now MLS activation @Dynadot doesn't work again, tried a few times with multiple domains.

•••
I bought a domain name on Dynadot from the Afternic network (premium domain), it was transferred from GoDaddy to my Dynadot account, but I didn't know that it will be placed on "buy" lock status for 30 days. I wanted to list this domain for sale right away at a higher price, but now I can't do anything with it for 30 days. Buy lock means that in the first 30 days I can't transfer away this domain and I can't even push it to another Dynadot account, so I can't sell it during the first 30 days. Yeah, I should have read the FAQ.

Is there any way to remove this buy lock, or is the only option to wait 30 days?

Last edited:
•••
Just activated MLS.
So it is very unstable there.

•••
Just activated MLS.
Yeah. It worked now for the domain I tried to activate since yesterday! But, for how long... it is unfortunate that both Sedo and Dyna did not comment in this thread, or on their websites... The last news on Sedo is about greatdomains auction or something

•••
This issue is on Dynadot side - as was said in their LiveChat.
Daily upgrades without any tests, and as outcome - traditionally very unstable and buggy platform...

Last edited:
•••
Any chance @Dynadot can start letting us know in advance of schedule maintenance, or at least try to limit/consolidate the down time.

For a registrar, the constant and sporadic down time really is :banghead:

upload_2021-6-9_19-49-30.png

Last edited:
•••
MLS activation works properly now.
Thanks

•••
@Dynadot This 30-day buy lock is so annoying. It also applies to Dynadot marketplace domains, even if the domain is registered at Dynadot. I purchased a domain on your marketplace, and now I would like to start selling it immediately. But I can't do it in the first 30 days: https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/buy-lock

"The reason for this lock is to prevent fraud. This lock helps protect our sellers from not being compensated for their domain and then losing the domain because the buyer transferred it out."

Why do you think that I am a scammer? At least you could lift this restrictions to your loyal customer. I have loyalty discount. Do you think that I will ask for a chargeback or what?

•••
not working for me,
it has been +2 weeks that dynadot domains can't be SedoMLS activated
i sent them a message, but don't expect an answer when they solve it

that is annoying, because i transfered quite a bit of domains to dynadot

so i guess, it's better to transfer to Namesilo, until they fix this issue

•••
Unreal. No more scheduled maintenance, but... sever too busy? OK, my domains management can wait. I can also perform handregs elsewhere. But, I am also using dynadot marketplace and dynadot forsale landers. They are also down. Sorry, but it is not acceptable... for the best 2020 namepros registrar ;-()

busy.jpg

Edited: Up again, after a few page refreshes.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back