Dynadot

Dynadot Official Thread

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Dynadot

plz..I mean come on.. have you no concept of what annoying is?

everytime i login to dyna I see android prompt asking me if I want to get dyna app. no. I do not want the app. cause the web is much better. and the app is like something u wrote in 5.mins

can u plz kindly remove this prompt or just ask once and save answer

this is an outrage that u can deliberately annoy people like this.

to top it all clicking continue actually takes to the play store many times.

plz I beg u
..do it.
and do not put it on yer feedback list cause we all know how that story ends.

ty

@Dynadot ok so someone tried push name to me..we made typo cause were human..but it was going to that other user..support fixed.it on time... are u saying u got zero protection against typo..and if other member accept push.. we.gotta beg him to return and u offer no help? that's a terrible push system if true...can u improve? ty

Thank you for letting us know about these issues, I have passed the requests on to the relevant teams. All feedback and requests are passed on to the relevant teams and considered for implementation, and our team do add or modify features as requested when possible.

•••
It looks like we still cannot use this feature after all.
The installment payment option isn't fully available just yet unfortunately, but our team will release more information on that once we're ready for a full launch.

•••
My first post in this thread, I love dynadot, I use you daily.
However,
Two major concerns near pushing me away ,
I do not want to be asked to download your app or continue every single time I access from phone.
and I need to be able to zoom the screen , or I will stop scanning your auctions for fear of me going blind straining my eyes. : )

pretty please with a cherry on top change these concerns.

•••
Terimakasih Dynadot!
Screenshot_20210401_225056_com.google.android.gm.jpg

•••
@Dynadot Hi,
I can't find the prices for com org transfer.
Do you have 6.99-7.49 for com transfers?
Thank you

•••
•••
@Dynadot

Regarding my inquiry / suggestion (here at nP / post # 256) I noticed that you have already implemented the feature to (optionally) create (nameable / editable) NS - templates to (optionally) choose from.

upload_2021-4-3_2-20-54.png
CLICK FOR FULL VIEW

Really exactly how I (and certainly others as well) imagined it, well done, top.

Last edited:
•••
@Dynadot

Regarding my inquiry / suggestion (here at nP / post # 256) I noticed that you have already implemented the feature to (optionally) create (nameable / editable) NS - templates to (optionally) choose from.

Show attachment 186750
CLICK FOR FULL VIEW

Really exactly how I (and certainly others as well) imagined it, well done, top.

Yep, noticed it a few days ago.

So much better now. Thanks for suggesting it

•••
Thank you for letting us know about these issues, I have passed the requests on to the relevant teams. All feedback and requests are passed on to the relevant teams and considered for implementation, and our team do add or modify features as requested when possible.

yea tnx.. u add indian money and meanwhile u have a list of 1000 valid requests and fixes for just yer regular interface

something is off with yer priorities imo

•••
Dynadot.com you should fix your payment processor
paid via laypal. domain still not registered. support chat is busy
showing message "Waiting for Payment PayPal. "

•••
paid for a domain 20 minutes ago
domain still not registered
shows processing..

.. and now site maintenance..
when dropping time..
that is not domainer friendly.
IMG_20210405_232409.png

•••
Dynadot.com you should fix your payment processor
paid via laypal. domain still not registered. support chat is busy
showing message "Waiting for Payment PayPal. "

I don't think that's related to paypal. I always use my account's funds and experience the same issue with domains sometimes staying in 'processing' status for ages.

•••
now the domain is taken with another registrar will wait a refund.

•••
we need renewal discounts, please. ty. :)

•••
now the domain is taken with another registrar will wait a refund.

I never wait for one registrar to register my domain if it's something I *really* want.

I know it's not good practice but, as long as registrars are not working 100% correctly, this is our only solution to avoid losing domains.

•••
@Dynadot I paid for a domain registration
domain was not registered
Dynadot credited my account
PAYMENT INFO
Submitted cost: $6.99
Credit for items cancelled: -$6.99
Payment type: PayPal
Payment amount: $6.99
Account credit amount: -$6.99
STATUS
Completed
i want refund to the source of payment
chat is busy
:(

•••
I don't think that's related to paypal. I always use my account's funds and experience the same issue with domains sometimes staying in 'processing' status for ages.
yesterday i purchased a domain it was a first ever fastest registration without any processing messages. just paid and it was reg'd.

•••
@Dynadot

all these interruptions make no sense at all for the size of Dynadot
upload_2021-4-6_11-5-42.png

•••
•••
I've been testing Dynadot for about a month. Excellent so far, especially in comparison to what I got used to in the past.
If you could add .FR someday, you would make serious business there. People often complain about how bad the registrars are on that market.

•••
Hi @Dynadot you are one of my favorite registrar but there's no wayto contact with your support chat button showing is online but always get this
IMG_20210407_161600.png

How to create a standard ticket? I need some clarify regarding marketplace.
Thank you

Last edited:
•••
•••
we need renewal discounts, please. ty. :)

I second this suggestion. Discounts literally on everything else BUT renewals. This is the reason I often transfer domains away from Dynadot. Actually, about to move 8 of them shortly after this post.

Last edited:
•••
@Dynadot when adding .info domains to "Other Registrar" area on Dynadot > manage domains > Other Registrar > Add Domains > when .info domains are added there is no whois info for as domain registrar, registered date or expiration date that is imported.

It works just fine for .com, .net and other domain extensions regarding importing registrar, registered date and expiration date when domains are added to "other registrar", so wondering what is the issue causing it not to work for .info domains?

The Dynadot whois search for .info domains doesn't seem to work either.
https://www.dynadot.com/domain/whois?domain=checkthisdomain.info

Get an error message, "Could not connect to central registry whois server: whois.afilias.info."

Please advise,
Thanks

•••
Tried to register a .co.uk domain using my account's funds.

40 mins later domain still haven't been registered and support tells me stories about how a manual approval from the registry is needed (lol)

Went to porkbun and registered it in exactly 2 seconds.

Funny thing is,
I have registered enough .co.uk with Dynadot for registry to not need any new account created.
With porkbun it was my first co.uk ever. They created the account at the registry and registered the domain in two seconds.

Ridiculous registration times and ridiculous excuses.

That's *not* the way to do business Dynadot.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back