IT.COM

Dynadot Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Dynadot This 30-day buy lock is so annoying. It also applies to Dynadot marketplace domains, even if the domain is registered at Dynadot. I purchased a domain on your marketplace, and now I would like to start selling it immediately. But I can't do it in the first 30 days: https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/buy-lock

"The reason for this lock is to prevent fraud. This lock helps protect our sellers from not being compensated for their domain and then losing the domain because the buyer transferred it out."

Why do you think that I am a scammer? At least you could lift this restrictions to your loyal customer. I have loyalty discount. Do you think that I will ask for a chargeback or what?

A lock after a change of ownership is normal. They all have some version on it.

•••
A lock after a change of ownership is normal. They all have some version on it.

I cannot even push it into another Dynadot account , is this normal?

•••
Some domains are marked as Pending Sale on Dynadot Marketplace and that status is present for more than 1 day. How long potential buyer can hold a domain in Pending Sale state and is there obligation to pay? Seller can't modify domain settings in the meantime - Dynadot should notify via email about domain status change.

Last edited:
•••
@Dynadot This 30-day buy lock is so annoying. It also applies to Dynadot marketplace domains, even if the domain is registered at Dynadot. I purchased a domain on your marketplace, and now I would like to start selling it immediately. But I can't do it in the first 30 days: https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/buy-lock

"The reason for this lock is to prevent fraud. This lock helps protect our sellers from not being compensated for their domain and then losing the domain because the buyer transferred it out."

Why do you think that I am a scammer? At least you could lift this restrictions to your loyal customer. I have loyalty discount. Do you think that I will ask for a chargeback or what?
The buy-lock is automatically applied to any marketplace domains, as well as domain names purchased via Afternic and Sedo. I'm not sure if the buy-lock can be removed prematurely, but our account managers would be able to look into that and may be able to help further at [email protected].

•••
not working for me,
it has been +2 weeks that dynadot domains can't be SedoMLS activated
i sent them a message, but don't expect an answer when they solve it

that is annoying, because i transfered quite a bit of domains to dynadot

so i guess, it's better to transfer to Namesilo, until they fix this issue
I'm sorry to hear that, are you still having trouble confirming domain names for SedoMLS? I'm not aware of any ongoing issues with SedoMLS activation at this time, but our engineers would be able to look into that if you would be able to PM us with your Dynadot username and the affected domain names.

•••
Unreal. No more scheduled maintenance, but... sever too busy? OK, my domains management can wait. I can also perform handregs elsewhere. But, I am also using dynadot marketplace and dynadot forsale landers. They are also down. Sorry, but it is not acceptable... for the best 2020 namepros registrar ;-()

Show attachment 193397

Edited: Up again, after a few page refreshes.
Our server stability was effected by a DDoS attack during the weekend, which may have caused the error to be shown, and everything should now be running as normal. I'm sorry for any inconvenience that caused.

Last edited:
•••
Some domains are marked as Pending Sale on Dynadot Marketplace and that status is present for more than 1 day. How long potential buyer can hold a domain in Pending Sale state and is there obligation to pay? Seller can't modify domain settings in the meantime - Dynadot should notify via email about domain status change.
The pending sale status should last for no longer than 5 days, and should be automatically removed if the buyer fails to make payment during that time. Thank you for the feedback, I have passed the suggestion on to our team in regards to email notifications when the status changes.

•••
I'm sorry to hear that, are you still having trouble confirming domain names for SedoMLS? I'm not aware of any ongoing issues with SedoMLS activation at this time, but our engineers would be able to look into that if you would be able to PM us with your Dynadot username and the affected domain names.

it was fixed a couple days after my post
now, eveything seem perfect

happy with Dynadot, will move more domains there

Last edited:
•••
The buy-lock is automatically applied to any marketplace domains, as well as domain names purchased via Afternic and Sedo. I'm not sure if the buy-lock can be removed prematurely, but our account managers would be able to look into that and may be able to help further at [email protected].

It is impossible to remove - said general support. Although I haven't tried the account manager email yet.

Last edited:
•••
@Dynadot I hope we can use security key for 2 factor authentication

•••
You make it entirely too easy to accidentally purchase a premium priced domain when purchasing domains in bulk. I accidentally purchased a domain for $1000 thinking that it was priced at $2 like the rest of the domains within the bulk order. I noticed the mistake immediately, contacted your support and was refused a credit. This is very deceitful. I did not mean to purchase the domain at this price! Other registrars will not force their customers to pay for a purchase they made by mistake. Why does Dynadot?? .

•••
It is impossible to remove - said general support. Although I haven't tried the account manager email yet.
That isn't something our live chat or phone support teams could help with, unfortunately, but our account managers may be able to help further.

•••
@Dynadot I hope we can use security key for 2 factor authentication
Thank you for the suggestion, that isn't something we support at this time but I have passed on the suggestion to our team, and they'll be able to look into adding support for security keys.

•••
You make it entirely too easy to accidentally purchase a premium priced domain when purchasing domains in bulk. I accidentally purchased a domain for $1000 thinking that it was priced at $2 like the rest of the domains within the bulk order. I noticed the mistake immediately, contacted your support and was refused a credit. This is very deceitful. I did not mean to purchase the domain at this price! Other registrars will not force their customers to pay for a purchase they made by mistake. Why does Dynadot?? .
I'm sorry to hear that, unfortunately, there is only a limited number of scenarios in which we could cancel a premium domain purchase, and depending on the type of premium domain we can usually only cancel the order before the purchase of the domain name has been processed. For example, if the domain was listed through Sedo or Afternic and has already been purchased we're unable to cancel the order, and for domains purchased via our marketplace both the buyer and seller must agree to the cancellation if the domain name has already been moved between accounts. We can look into that further if you would be able to PM us with your Dynadot username and the order number in question.

•••
Thank you for your quick response. The order is still processing. Order # 8654320

•••
Still waiting for a reply

•••
I'm sorry to hear that, unfortunately, there is only a limited number of scenarios in which we could cancel a premium domain purchase, and depending on the type of premium domain we can usually only cancel the order before the purchase of the domain name has been processed. For example, if the domain was listed through Sedo or Afternic and has already been purchased we're unable to cancel the order, and for domains purchased via our marketplace both the buyer and seller must agree to the cancellation if the domain name has already been moved between accounts. We can look into that further if you would be able to PM us with your Dynadot username and the order number in question.
PMd you last week and still waiting for a reply

•••
Still no reply on getting charged $1000 thinking that I was buying a $2 domain. I used to think Dynadot was the best until now. Currently in the process of transferring out 6,000+ domains. Do not deposit a lot of money into your Dynadot account because they make it very easy to purchase premium domains by mistake. Just deposit a few hundred at a time, or they'll get you too. Very deceitful! >:(

•••
I can't log in without security check. Whatever I type in it goes again asking for another code. Just terrible.

•••
Hello @Dynadot, will you fix your url forwarding servers? 62 domains not working around 24 hours
Apartaments.net
etc

•••
•••
Still no reply on getting charged $1000 thinking that I was buying a $2 domain.

Wait just to be clear... the price was listed at $1000, right?

•••
Use their LiveChat, they review this thread ~weekly in the best scenario...

•••
We have 100s of names on dns forwarding which has been down since the weekend and still down right now.

Dynadot chat support says no way to even estimate how long the server will will be down and they obviously have no backup server. In this age of ransomware and server attacks its amazing dynadot,com has no backup system,

If you use forwarding you can be losing your traffic, search engine ranking, ppc income and lost sales inquiries, depending on how forwarding is used.

Unfortunately, we may need to quickly transfer all domains elsewhere rather than be left in the dark with ongoing silence which is sad since we always considered Dynadot excellent (until now).

•••
... I accidentally purchased a domain for $1000 thinking that it was priced at $2 like the rest of the domains within the bulk order...

It's quite surprising how a person can't see and perceive the difference between $2 and $1000 !

•••
Back