Domain Empire

Dotster - Register .COM Domain Name only $2.39

Spaceship
Watch

luantt

Top Member
Impact
Dotster.com is now running a special promotion on new .COM domain registration – just from only $2.39 for the first year.

Currently, price is $2.99/year but you can use coupon code SALE20 to get additional discount to $2.39. This seem unlimited, can make payment with PayPal.

Hurry, this promotion won't last long.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@kaposzta did you use mydomain or dotster?

•••
•••
SALE20 did not work for me... 15sale and 15online did

•••
Hello!

I was able to use code SALE20 for an extra 20% discount, only for the first 6 domains. After that, I used NVU, for a 15% discount!

Registered 20 domains... so far... :)

•••
GAME ON! Dotster $1.99 - credit @tady_bear
https://www.namepros.com/threads/dotster-1-99-com-sale.951012/

Tested it out, this time it is One Year $1.99 and Two Years $19.99

Working Coupons: SALE20
Coupon Applied: SALE20: Save 20% on your entire order (exclusions apply).
make sure it is SALE - L for Larry

Final cost $1.59

Thanks v.much. Bought 15 domains using this offer. Dotster screwed up by putting in someone else's contact details in the WHOIS and I had to manually change them back to my own contact details. Still, nothing can beat $1.59. Thanks again.

•••
Yes @DomainZombie and @rubencouto some of the coupons have a usage limit, my best guess it is per account and accumulates over account lifetime. My theory is if you hit your coupon limit at one registrar (eg dotster) you can choose to get another account at another registrar (eg mydomain) and coupon will work, if you can stand to have multiple accounts.

For everyone:
NET prices - mydomain - .NET - $8.99 - with 20% coupon $7.19; dotster - .NET - $9.99 - with 20% coupon $7.99

Verified Dotster - Tue Jun 7 19:00 UTC 2016
SALE20.....................Coupon Applied - SALE20: Save 20% on your entire order (exclusions apply).
googlelady................Coupon Applied - Googlelady: 15% off your order. (Exclusions apply)
NVU.........................Coupon Applied - 15% off your order.
save10....................Coupon Applied - 10% off your entire order
confirm10................Coupon Applied - 10% off your entire order
comeback10............Coupon Applied - 10% off your order
15% Off $50+ welcome1550.................Coupon Applied: 15% off your total order [$50 minimum order]
Invalid Coupon SAVINGS20
Invalid Coupon filmriot

Verified mydomain - Tue Jun 7 19:00 UTC 2016
SALE20.....................Coupon Applied - SALE20: Save 20% on your entire order (exclusions apply).
15% Off $50+ welcome1550.................Coupon Applied: 15% off your total order [$50 minimum order]
Invalid Coupon googlelady
Invalid Coupon save10
Invalid Coupon filmriot

•••
Yes @DomainZombie and @rubencouto some of the coupons have a usage limit, my best guess it is per account and accumulates over account lifetime. My theory is if you hit your coupon limit at one registrar (eg dotster) you can choose to get another account at another registrar (eg mydomain) and coupon will work, if you can stand to have multiple accounts.

For everyone:
NET prices - mydomain - .NET - $8.99 - with 20% coupon $7.19; dotster - .NET - $9.99 - with 20% coupon $7.99

Verified Dotster - Tue Jun 7 19:00 UTC 2016
googlelady................Coupon Applied - Googlelady: 15% off your order. (Exclusions apply)
save10....................Coupon Applied - 10% off your entire order
Invalid Coupon SAVINGS20
Invalid Coupon filmriot

Verified mydomain - Tue Jun 7 19:00 UTC 2016
Invalid Coupon googlelady
Invalid Coupon save10
Invalid Coupon filmriot

Great Info!!

•••
•••
Bummer, that was over unusually fast. I even asked chat today and they said at least 2 more days, which I am now lucky I didn't post here!

I made a very simple one page guide, see link in my sig, I will keep it updated when the specials happen. The info is spread over too many posts and threads so I wanted to have it in one place, plus I need to be able to edit. Which I am off to do now . . .

•••
•••
Bad bad, i register some but too late in night, so went to bed and morning bang its gone.

•••
And I am left with a list and some $$.

•••
I managed to get a handful, got new account at mydomains, for sake of low renewal just in case. They have a weird confirm page during checkout that is different than netfirms and dotster, and I had one name stuck they had to clear for me, then I was able to complete in cart, took about 5 minutes

Proly be good for me to be in the habit of updating my standby list every couple of days, instead of ignoring it for weeks til the sale is on, then eyes glossing over to sort out the gems.

•••
Bummer, that was over unusually fast. I even asked chat today and they said at least 2 more days, which I am now lucky I didn't post here!

I made a very simple one page guide, see link in my sig, I will keep it updated when the specials happen. The info is spread over too many posts and threads so I wanted to have it in one place, plus I need to be able to edit. Which I am off to do now . . .

You tried to ask why it ended before time?

•••
Almost (ALMOST) glad that the promo ended. The UI/UX was a real pain. Nevertheless, very nice promo from Dotster.

Btw, does anyone know how to push to another account @ Dotster? Or simply how to transfer a domain to another Dotster account... I couldn't find a push option anywhere.

•••
Yes, from domain manager select the domain(s) and click "Modify selected domain".
There you will find the option to move.
Valid for domain.com, dotster, netfirms and whoever else uses this platform.

•••
Almost (ALMOST) glad that the promo ended. The UI/UX was a real pain. Nevertheless, very nice promo from Dotster.

I had the same feeling, I'm glad it's over. I registered the best 8 domain from my list, and I would have registered crap if it lasts longer.

•••
I agree.. their ui could use an update.. add bulk etc..
which to me translates into their promos for 25% or 30% off only.. brining reg to ~6$ per com are something I do not even find worth my time..

but.. when it'd $2.. it's a different story.. and to me, well worth the pain of regging there.

jmo

•••
You tried to ask why it ended before time?

Sorry I was unclear, while promo was still active, I had a stuck domain during reg and got on chat. Just for fun, I asked how long promo would last to see what they would say, mostly they are supposed to say "Promo can end at any time" so when they said at least 2 days I was surprised - maybe new agent who didn't know protocol, FYI was using MyDomain

Time = UTC -1, names changed : smile :
11:37:23 PM usernamex also do you know when the $1.99 promo will be good until?
11:37:51 PM Molly R You can register it for an year with that offer.
11:38:27 PM usernamex No I mean how long will the promo last, like I can buy more domain names tomorrow and the sale will still be good
11:39:47 PM usernamex usually the coupons say good until June 10 11:59 PM or whatever, but the $1.99 promo price i didn't se an expiration
11:39:50 PM Molly R Yes, it will be there for a week
11:40:03 PM Molly R I mean it will be there till June 10
11:40:52 PM usernamex No I am asking, I did NOT get a confirmed expiration for the $1.99 sale
11:42:16 PM Molly R usernamex, we can assure on it because our marketing team keeps on changing the promotional offers
11:42:56 PM usernamex so maybe one day maybe 5 days, no one knows?
11:44:37 PM Molly R It will be there for 2 days for sure
11:44:43 PM Molly R We may extend it.
11:45:24 PM usernamex OK and you go by UTC time?
11:45:58 PM Molly R No, EST
11:46:46 PM usernamex OK so EST 11:59 PM June 10th and maybe longer?
11:47:02 PM Molly R Yes, usernamex
11:47:37 PM usernamex OK thanks Molly! I appreciate your patience!
11:47:50 PM usernamex Have a fantastic day : smile :

Plus I just got DOTSTER email 18FAB -18% coupon for new COM NET - I guess if anyone has maxed out all the 20% coupons and needs a reg today - $8.19 with coupon
*LIMITED TIME OFFER. 18FAB coupon and offers end June 8, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. 18FAB coupon is good for 18% off all first year registrations of .COM or .NET domains with no minimum purchase required.

•••
Dotster is having promotion NOW, .COM for only $1.99, .NET for $0.99.

After using coupon code SALE20, the price is $1.59 for .COM and $0.79 for .NET, cheaper than Netfirms

•••
Ha Ha this time you beat me @luantt!

Except I am showing same cost at NetFirms ETA OK no coupons are working at NetFirms, tested NVU SALE20 confirm10 AND they automatically added whois protect, so you had to click the trash can to remove it ETA That might have been me forgetting to uncheck the box : roll eyes :

ETA2
confirmed working at MyDomain
testing-new-salefhal.com $10.98 $8.78 - X testing-new-salefhal.net $10.98 $8.78
Total: $17.56 Coupon Applied: SALE20: Save 20% on your entire order (exclusions apply).
(I tested 2 years just for fun, single year works as well)
testing-new-salefhal.net $0.99 $0.79 X - testing-new-salefhal.com $1.99 $1.59

FYI MyDomain Renew is $11.99 COM

Last edited:
•••
So what's the limit typically like on these dotster promos?

•••
They have lasted anywhere from a few hours to the most was like 5 days, so it is always anyone's guess.

•••
And the domain limit? I didn't see any limits posted but probably missed it.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back