NameSilo

Dotster - Register .COM Domain Name only $2.39

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

luantt

Top Member
Impact
Dotster.com is now running a special promotion on new .COM domain registration – just from only $2.39 for the first year.

Currently, price is $2.99/year but you can use coupon code SALE20 to get additional discount to $2.39. This seem unlimited, can make payment with PayPal.

Hurry, this promotion won't last long.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is technically a usage limit on the coupons, up to $300 per user, if you hit that, then pick a different coupon and/or get another account at a sister registrar! And sorry I thought you meant the time limit. See the one page cheat sheet in my sig for more general info.

•••
So which of them offers the best support and I hope transfers are allowed? thanks

•••
And please one that allows one register for an account first and not having to register with a domain name.

•••
Some of these registrars all work the same. They want you to buy something, but you can alternatively just contact chat support and they will set up an account for you. Silly way to do business, and I wouldn't want to sell a domain registered there until it can be transferred out.... but, we're talking about $2 .com's so ya can't be too picky I guess.

•••
I can't register names again, after 20 mins of getting names in and changing to yearly another crash

•••
Some of these registrars all work the same. They want you to buy something, but you can alternatively just contact chat support and they will set up an account for you. Silly way to do business, and I wouldn't want to sell a domain registered there until it can be transferred out.... but, we're talking about $2 .com's so ya can't be too picky I guess.

Hey bud I just checked with one of their Reps and they conformed we can transfer the Domain (any extension) after 60 days (just like any other registrars)

•••
I can't register names again, after 20 mins of getting names in and changing to yearly another crash

They got the worst UI and site maintainence

It happened me too ... I just went in to reg a .net domain and I was unable to check out , contacted the Live Chat support and they reg'ed it for me

•••
Lucky you I was told by live support that they could reg names for 4 hours

•••
Dotster is having promotion NOW, .COM for only $1.99, .NET for $0.99.

After using coupon code SALE20, the price is $1.59 for .COM and $0.79 for .NET, cheaper than Netfirms

Thanks bud regged a .net domain

•••
Do any one of you guys know if there are any deals for registering .IN domains ?

I guess I recently saw $0.99 deal somewhere but forgot the name , please do post if you know.

Thanks in Advance.
Cake Code

•••
Should I be worried about this?:

"For your convenience, Netfirms uses PayPal Automatic Payments. PayPal Automatic Payments will be used for this purchase as well as any existing Netfirms services that you chose to pay via PayPal."

•••
Should I be worried about this?:

"For your convenience, Netfirms uses PayPal Automatic Payments. PayPal Automatic Payments will be used for this purchase as well as any existing Netfirms services that you chose to pay via PayPal."

Disabled auto renew. If you still worried about it, cancel subscription from your PayPal after order.

•••
Oh my Lord, just went through the whole process, went to Paypal, agreed to the authorization and it sent me back to Netfirms and gave me this message:

"You currently do not have enough domain credits to complete this transaction. Please purchase domain credits or lookup a new domain."

•••
•••
•••
Thank You!

Sale20 Not working for me :(

•••
•••
SALE20 working for me

But didn't work for me, BTW 1.99 itself is a great price.

and 15SALE working for me at 15% discount

•••
Can anyone change the name servers in MyDomain.com account?

Also is bulk editing option enabled? There are no check boxes in my account.

•••
@thekiller I can change nameservers in MyDomain -- they call it "Private Name Servers"

Also, yes I'm able to bulk edit via checkboxes.

SALE20 worked for me in MyDomain, but not Netfirms (as @usernamex said earlier).

•••
Today I did my regs with MyDomain for best renew and coupons both. Search still tedious but once you get a rhythm going it's tolerable. I decided I will do 6-7 at a time in case of errors, I had one today start over after 10 were in cart. The last batch I tried an experiment of adding all to cart before logging in, the drop down to change years is much faster before login. Then I logged in (or so I thought) and re-entered my info and it setup a whole new account - bummer. I will have them merge them later OR now I can practice push to myself! If that works, I'll just set up new accounts every time, tee hee, elsewise it takes me 30 seconds to change each 2 year to 1 year, I counted this time.

•••
Today I did my regs with MyDomain for best renew and coupons both. Search still tedious but once you get a rhythm going it's tolerable. I decided I will do 6-7 at a time in case of errors, I had one today start over after 10 were in cart. The last batch I tried an experiment of adding all to cart before logging in, the drop down to change years is much faster before login. Then I logged in (or so I thought) and re-entered my info and it setup a whole new account - bummer. I will have them merge them later OR now I can practice push to myself! If that works, I'll just set up new accounts every time, tee hee, elsewise it takes me 30 seconds to change each 2 year to 1 year, I counted this time.
Thanks for the info man.You have become a guru on this.Always following your site.

•••
Also there was 1$ sale(.COM) on BIGROCK yesterday for 4 hrs,though I think 1 per account.

Missed 2 happy hours recently,one from NAME.COM(1$) and now this.

•••
$1.99 sale is back on dotster also register .net for $0.99

•••
$1.99 sale is back on dotster also register .net for $0.99
Yes, I just found that out when I tried to get a .com for cheap. I used the SALE20 for $1.59 new reg.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back