NameSilo

poll Domaining's version of March Madness - Who is the best registrar in the business? 2020 Edition

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is the best registrar in the business? 2020 Edition

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
It's time for the domain industry's version of March Madness

The best registrar in the business for 2020

Registrars that got less than 2 votes from last time were not included, Uniregistry being acquired by GoDaddy is not included.

the last big poll here.

Can NameSilo defend their crown? Will Epik finally come through and attain the top spot? GoDaddy always a contender. Any surprises?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think that also indicates the reason for some might be concentrate all votes.on dynadot to go against epik, not divide the votes and stop them for winning.
This theory implies that it must be coordinated. Somebody coordinated it. To such an extend that even GoDaddy and NameSilo fans elected to vote for Dynadot instead. Where and how could this happen?

•••
Oh, so now when we have Epik losing steam we are going to starting questioning the results.

Got it!

Brad

I don't think that's what's going on. IMO either Epik or Dynadot are viable choices. That said, if Net Sol wins then I'm going to question the results....lol.

•••
This theory implies that it must be coordinated. Somebody coordinated it. To such an extend that even GoDaddy and NameSilo fans elected to vote for Dynadot instead. Where and how could this happen?

I think their point is for someone who is happy with either Dynadot or any other registrar seeing Dynadots momentum encourages them to vote Dyna even if it's really just a vote against Epik, but IMO it works both ways. For example someone who uses and likes Epik and anyone else may choose to vote Epik especially if their other choice is far from the running.

Last edited:
•••
Epik clearly leading way ahead than others and the subsequent comments discussion was more than enough to coordinate for those who wanted to. Besides member like grilled changed vote only because of the assumption that epik is going to win it easily.

•••
Epik clearly leading way ahead than others and the subsequent comments discussion was more than enough to coordinate for those who wanted to. Besides member like grilled changed vote only because of the assumption that epik is going to win it easily.

So again, you are questioning the results and implying that there is some sort of coordinated conspiracy behind Dynadot's results now.

Rob is the one who got banned from this thread for 4+ self promotion posts.
Do you think those could have effected the results, if we are throwing out baseless theories.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Honestly, I do not think that it is the case. First and the most important, poll results were always visible only after voting. Myself (and a lot of other members I beleive) used the following sequence - opening the thread, placing a vote, reviewing the total results, reading the comments, maybe posting something. This exact sequence, not the other way around. An opportunity to change the vote was closed pretty quickly, so any mass change of existing votes is unlikely, as well as placing original non-employee votes based on anything else except own feelings and opinions imo...

•••
Myself (and a lot of other members I beleive) used the following sequence - opening the thread, placing a vote, reviewing the total results, reading the comments, maybe posting something.

Just because you don;t read the comments first doesn't mean others don't especially when they are trying to decide who between two or more registrars they like to vote for.

•••
So again, you are questioning the results and implying that there is some sort of coordinated conspiracy behind Dynadot's results now.

Do you think those could have effected the results, if we are throwing out baseless theories.

Brad

I just replied to one comment. To cut it short with all the complain regarding epik noise of their staff or their fanboys, there are many haters also for epik who may go to any extent just to be against epik.
Anyways i am not saying everyone who voted for dynadot is like that.

As for rob i also believe he goes over the board sometimes to promote epik so he is banned rightfully here. Same way there are some who go over the top to be against/hating epik.

Honestly, I do not think that it is the case. First and the most important, poll results were always visible only after voting. Myself (and a lot of other members I beleive) used the following sequence - opening the thread, placing a vote, reviewing the total results, reading the comments, maybe posting something. This exact sequence, not the other way around. An opportunity to change the vote was closed pretty quickly, so any mass change of existing votes is unlikely, as well as placing original non-employee votes based on anything else except own feelings and opinions imo...
I don't think so it was closed pretty quickly, it took more than few days although OP can confirm better.
If sequence was that for all then how come members changed their votes afterwards?

Anyways later on pro epik versus anti epik discussion became so strong that some may have voted directly to dynadot to make sure to be against epik.

•••
Appreciate your dedication to dislike every post that isn't hating epik. Just wanted to notify that you have forgot to dislike my one comment at 7th page of this thread :xf.grin: @aceeca

Last edited:
•••

Brad
Banned from thread for a month, but minor semantics, amirite Brad ;)

Samer

•••
I voted Epik.

@robmonster
I appreciate the work you are doing and hope it becomes industry standard. That is how disruptors change status quo and biggies are forced to adapt.

But,
You need to exercise restraint in posting everywhere, sir. That is pissing off many here, which is not good. And I was stunned by some of your comments here about a Godaddy CTO leaving GD and all. That sounded so cheap. You as a 50+ mature guy with impressive credentials, should know better.

Sorry for being blunt.

Last edited:
•••
I am not questioning the results. Whatever the results i will accept it. Last comments i was only giving my view just like there are many others who have here.

I only wish i'm allowed by @equity78 to edit my vote mistakenly given to enom .

I don't the control the software here, I have no way to change that.

•••
Sorry people need to calm down, there cannot be contacting me on mulitple channels to discuss a vote or a changing of a vote. @Paul Buonopane would be the one to talk tech with.

This is not a national election for a country, hell it's not even the Oscars or the Grammys.

Bottom line, the winner of this poll will be determined to be the highest vote getter. They can choose to run with it however they like. NameSilo did a pr last year, https://markets.businessinsider.com...-wins-namepros-best-registrar-2019-1028264340/

The runner up if they like can say we won if you X out employee votes.

Number 3 Epik probably has exhausted their employee votes so there is a chance that they won't win.

But if they do, Dynadot or whoever can use this poll to market it however they like.

Lord willing, next year the poll will be up to 3 companies to pick and it will be "Favorite Registrar" because like @Ategy and some others remarked, it can't be best if you did not try them all.

This forum existed for many years with a lot of fun things, it's no surprise why so many have just said screw it. This poll will run the way the last couple years ran, most votes declared the winner, then all the conspiracy theories and asterisk givers can do what they like.

This will be the last best registrar of poll of it's kind started by me, if someone else chooses to, fantastic, I am sure many will consider it just as worthless, useless, tainted by Epik as this one.

Favorite Registrar will be coming next year, whereby it only logical that an employee votes for the company they work for.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry people need to calm down, there cannot be contacting me on mulitple channels to discuss a vote or a changing of a vote.

This is not a national election for a company, hell it's not even the Oscars or the Grammys.

Bottom line, the winner of this poll will be determined to be the highest vote getter. They can choose to run with it however they like. NameSilo did a pr last year, https://markets.businessinsider.com...-wins-namepros-best-registrar-2019-1028264340/

The runner up if they like can say we won if you X out employee votes.

Number 3 Epik probably has exhausted their employee votes so there is a chance that they won't win.

But if they do, Dynadot or whoever can use this poll to market it however they like.

Lord willing, next year the poll will be up to 3 companies to pick and it will be "Favorite Registrar" because like @Ategy and some others remarked, it can't be best if you did not try them all.

This forum existed for many years with a lot of fun things, it's no surprise why so many have just said screw it. This poll will run the way the last couple years ran, most votes declared the winner, then all the conspiracy theories and asterisk givers can do what they like.

This will be the last best registrar of poll of it's kind started by me, if someone else chooses to, fantastic, I am sure many will consider it just as worthless, useless, tainted by Epik as this one.

Favorite Registrar will be coming next year, whereby it only logical that an employee votes for the company they work for.

Thank you for your hard work.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
For example, I'll order a domain, place my order... then I have to navigate through the menus to find the the order, and then pay it.

Not sure if the method of payment makes a difference, but when I place orders on Dynadot, I use PayPal. Once the order is placed, there is a link that I can select that takes me to PayPal to complete the payment. If I choose not to click on the link at that time, the payment process is pushed back--maybe it's there for people who need more time or maybe it's conducive to order consolidation...I don't know--and an email reminder is sent, at some point.

Depending on one's finances, that might be more convenient. It took a little getting used to, but I did.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Namesilo is the best registrar.

Epik spams NP forum. Good products don't need spam and heavy advertisement.

Godaddy prices are very high without coupons. It's a bad pricing model. Godaddy's business model depends on advertisements. They can't live long if they stop paying for ads. Godaddy is a very low quality service.

Payment is not convenient in Dynadot also DNS SEC record removal is problematic. Dyna, name.com, Namecheap, Godaddy, 1and1 control panels are bad.

$8.25 .com transfer of Name.com is good as it has not changed since years.
Goddady's promo of "1 free domain + 1 year hosting for $12" is good if it is still available.
Porkbun prices in some TLD's are good.
I have seen Alibaba offers lowest prices in some TLD's. But I haven't tried.
Best registrar is cheapest registrar. Namesilo's price/quality is the best one.

•••

Godaddy prices are very high without coupons. It's a bad pricing model. Godaddy's business model depends on advertisements. They can't live long if they stop paying for ads. Godaddy is a very low quality service.

Payment is not convenient in Dynadot also DNS SEC record removal is problematic. Dyna, name.com, Namecheap, Godaddy, 1and1 control panels are bad.

Goddady's promo of "1 free domain + 1 year hosting for $12" is good if it is still available.

Epik “spam” $6.99 transfer promos (still going)
and constant innovations, unlike Name? lol. the same Name that costs $12.99 to renew?
Or barely on NP, unless it’s to fix problems.
ohhh that name...

“$8.25 .com transfer of Name.com is good as it has not changed since years.”
$13renew :ROFL: bigger spam than anything “epik”

Please epik, keep spamming away, and also keep “spamming” us constant innovations and direct CEO announcement and engagements.
$8.49 epik NP deal to renew .com, almost half!
and also going on forever.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
@Samer $8.25 is better than $6.99 because $8.25 is a standard price with no limit or condition.
$8.25 transfer has been always worked for me since several years. So it's not spam, is worth mentioning. I don't renew, transfer back to namesilo for $8.39. My standard renewal cost with this method is $8.32 with no promo. With promos it could go less than $8.32. It's not bad.

I can distinguish what is spam or not.

•••
@Samer $8.25 is better than $6.99 because $8.25 is a standard price with no limit or condition.
$8.25 transfer has been always worked for me since several years. So it's not spam, is worth mentioning. I don't renew, transfer back to namesilo for $8.39. My standard renewal cost with this method is $8.32 with no promo. With promos it could go less than $8.32. It's not bad.

I can distinguish what is spam or not.

“My standard renewal cost with this method is $8.32 with no promo. With promos it could go less than $8.32. It's not bad.”

1) Moving in circles from NS to Name.com
i like to keep things simple. You’re using NS $8.39 transfer make up BS name.com renew $

2) Own xxx domains for the NS discount?
that counts as a “condition” Epik price inclusive even if own 1. ($8.49 renew $8- transfer) long as i remember. Rob treats everyone like a VIP

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Lord willing, next year the poll will be up to 3 companies to pick and it will be "Favorite Registrar"

And a "Worst Registrar" with one pick just for the drama and bashing

Imagine EPIK wining both categories. Priceless!
Joke aside, it will be a clear indicator of biasness and fanboyism.

Last edited:
•••
Geez, this Poll thread has maximum replies by EPIK employees and you are complaining about censoring?

Imagine if GoDaddy with most employees by far, would direct 10% of their employees to use NamePros to vote here for GD, would that be fair ?

I, personally, do not mind that employees also voted. We are just like them — they can vote for our company or for their own. Among other users of the forum there are those who voted for Dynadot or Epik. You just don't see "GoDaddy Staff" badge :)

It's officially, Epik is now denying that there was some kind of message sent out those who run these NP Epik Staff accounts.

You want me to believe that all these NP accounts with Epik Staff badges, many with limited activity all just naturally saw this Poll within hours of it being posted and decided to vote? Maybe you weren't "instructed" to vote, but it was brought to your attention.

Most community driven websites call this "vote brigading" and in my opinion, that's clearly what Epik has done here.

I'm sorry you think so. I have been in Epik since February 2020 and since the day of my work — I am in our corp chat. I didn't get a message that we needed to vote. We have all been informed about the poll, but we have not received instructions from Rob or others to "Vote for us".

Every vote of our employee is his personal opinion. You can also check the results of other surveys — some employees voted for other registrars.

•••

Epik “spam” $6.99 transfer promos (still going)
and constant innovations, unlike Name? lol. the same Name that costs $12.99 to renew?
Or barely on NP, unless it’s to fix problems.
ohhh that name...

“$8.25 .com transfer of Name.com is good as it has not changed since years.”
$13renew :ROFL: bigger spam than anything “epik”

Please epik, keep spamming away, and also keep “spamming” us constant innovations and direct CEO announcement and engagements.
$8.49 epik NP deal to renew .com, almost half!
and also going on forever.

Samer

Yes, the price Name.com it remains the standard for many years. But the price of domain renewal is incomparable to ours. We will try to not "spam", but at the same time offer a good price and service.

And a "Worst Registrar" with one pick just for the drama and bashing

Imagine EPIK wining both categories. Priceless!
Joke aside, it will be a clear indicator of biasness and fanboyism.

From the last survey, for 2019, we took the fifth place. A year later, to see that we took the first place is the best result of our work. I would not like to get the status of "Worst Registrar". At least the whole team tries to provide the best service and prices.

Even if the Namepros team (probably) takes some action, or we take the 2nd place — it will be a huge result for us. All our team will try to change the point of each hater and we will change the negative user to the positive side.

•••
Have since gotten the NP discount on EPIK.

Sidenote though, isn't .com due for a price increase? What will the registrars do with their ''special discounts'' ?

•••
Have since gotten the NP discount on EPIK.

Sidenote though, isn't .com due for a price increase? What will the registrars do with their ''special discounts'' ?
There should still be discounts, but if price increases are applied, the discounts will apply on top of the new cost and thus prices after discount will tend to be higher than what is currently offered; Or it would mean higher hard costs for the registrars

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back