Dynadot

poll Who is the best registrar in the business? 2019 Edition

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is the best registrar in the business?

• 1st

NameSilo

votes
    24.4%
  • 2nd

GoDaddy

votes
    21.0%
  • 3rd

Dynadot

votes
    18.5%
  • 4th

NameCheap

votes
    8.9%
  • 5th

Epik

votes
    5.9%
  • 6th

Uniregistry

votes
    4.9%
  • 7th

Porkbun

votes
    2.8%
  • 8th

Name.com

votes
    2.3%
  • 9th

Google

votes
    1.9%
  • 10th (tie)

NameBright

votes
    1.5%
  • 10th (tie)

Other

votes
    1.5%
  • 11th

NetworkSolutions

votes
    1.3%
  • 12th (tie)

101Domain

votes
    0.8%
  • 12th (tie)

1&1

votes
    0.8%
  • 13th (tie)

InternetBS

votes
    0.7%
  • 13th (tie)

Enom

votes
    0.7%
  • 14th (tie)

Fabulous

votes
    0.5%
  • 14th (tie)

Hexonet

votes
    0.5%
  • 15th

Cloudflare

votes
    0.4%
  • 16th

Domain.com

votes
    0.3%
  • 17th

Moniker

votes
    0.2%
  • 18th (tie)

Dotster

vote
    0.1%
  • 18th (tie)

Register.com

vote
    0.1%
  • 19th (tie)

DirectNic

votes
    0.0%
  • 19th (tie)

Hover

votes
    0.0%

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Screenshot_2019-05-04 Who is the best registrar in the business (1).png

It's been over 18 months since the last big poll here. So let's take a new poll on best registrar. GoDaddy won the last two, the last one was closer with @namesilo coming in second, 253 votes vs 191 or 29.8% vs 22.5%. The previous big poll saw GoDaddy run away with it 303 votes or 52%.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This time its Dynadot for me, their support team is great.

•••
Voted for my #2 cause my #1 not listed
Namespro.ca

•••
•••
•••
•••
The better question for the poll would be...

Who is the most convenient registrar?

GoDaddy wins for me because of the sheer amount of services linked to the account. Godaddy, Afternic, Auction, heck even Huge Domain is linked with quick transfer.

For me convenience wins, the less time I have to spend moving domains around the better of I am. Might not matter if you only have a few but when hundreds or thousands of domains are involved convenience is a big deal.

•••
For me, it's GoDaddy as well. To date, I've had excellent account reps. I'm on my third one because they keep getting promoted.

•••
This time it is Dynadot for me as well.

Last time it was NameSilo, and I still think they are very good. But after they got taken over, I am not sure what path they will follow.

Dynadot has a great control panel, a choice of full or partial privacy for free and account managers if you spend quite a lot there (not sure what the threshold is). They also offer a huge variety of extensions for those who not only invest in .com.

Porkbun is also refreshing with a nice UI, but do not offer many ccTLDs. And I just can't take their name seriously. It's terrible in my opinion. I can't imagine asking a buyer if they are "willing to accept a push at Porkbun?" ;)

Wow, just noticed Network Solutions got votes. I would love to hear the reasoning from the people who voted for them.

Last edited:
•••
I was in two minds between Namesilo and Porkbun, and went with later one; both are simply great, at least for me.

@equity78 Shouldn't you have allowed multiple votes, 2 or maybe 3 choices? I believe there are more users who have their domains with a couple of registrars, and they are equally good, it's difficult to chose preffered one.

•••
cant complain about any of them. They all are awesome. Thank you registrars!!!!

Whoohoo!

•••
I vote for Networksolutions lol just for fun
cant wait again 0.99 regs

•••
fabulous.com... is fabulous!

:)

imo….

•••
•••
Wow, just noticed Network Solutions got votes. I would love to hear the reasoning from the people who voted for them.
I did it, because I thought it would be funny. :ROFL:

•••
•••
•••
Thanks for survey @equity78 . I could happily vote for quite a few (most of the ones that I use actually). In the end, this year my vote changed to Dynadot. It is partly that they have had some great prices, especially the now gone $5.95 .com, but consistently good prices on many extensions. When I signed up for their service I found in the first minutes their interface just felt natural. I like a lot that they have a marketplace if you want to go that route. And it is nice to have a registrar with integration in Afternic and Sedo systems if you go that route.

But overall I feel positive re all of Namecheap, GoDaddy, Epik, NameSilo, Porkbun, and Name.com from your list, all of which I currently use (along with a few others). We are fortunate to have so many good choices for registrars, in my opinion. I am new to Moniker (as of bulk transfer from Alpnames) but so far like their interface.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
This time it is Dynadot for me as well.

Last time it was NameSilo, and I still think they are very good. But after they got taken over, I am not sure what path they will follow.

Dynadot has a great control panel, a choice of full or partial privacy for free and account managers if you spend quite a lot there (not sure what the threshold is). They also offer a huge variety of extensions for those who not only invest in .com.

Porkbun is also refreshing with a nice UI, but do not offer many ccTLDs. And I just can't take their name seriously. It's terrible in my opinion. I can't imagine asking a buyer if they are "willing to accept a push at Porkbun?" ;)

The main reason for the voters of Netsol will probably be the $1 deal they got from them.

For me, Netsol isn't just worth it.

I didn't vote for a favorite because my names are spread across Dynadot, Godaddy, Namecheap, Porkbun and Namesilo. Everyone of them are pretty good and I am yet to have an issue with any of them.

But for a fast and smooth interface, I like Dynadot and Porkbun

Last edited:
•••
The better question for the poll would be...

Who is the most convenient registrar?
While I totally accept the reason you voted for your choice, convenience, if you are saying the question for the poll should be that I disagree. I think the poll question should be as it is and we each decide the weighting on value, interface, features, marketplace, convenience, etc.

The poll choices seem Western oriented with the big Chinese names, the big Japenese registrar and others not included. I would also have added Domain Cost Club as option. I think the NPs number of options is a technical limit though. One solution next year might be to announce top 6 from previous year will be included then have nomination and likes preround to identify the other places but that would be complex.

Bob

•••
And I just can't take their name seriously. It's terrible in my opinion. I can't imagine asking a buyer if they are "willing to accept a push at Porkbun?" ;)
Well if you think about it, GoDaddy is just as silly a name.. :)
just a lot more well-known, so we've become blase towards the name.

PB still my fav, same as last poll.

** convenience is just a factor in many, when considering why we choose who we do. ie, pricing, UI, support etc..

•••
Dynadot for me too. Very flexible control panel. Great support. Good prices. Lot's of TLDs. Take your pick. For me it's the very flexible control panel. It's very important to me.

•••
I was in two minds between Namesilo and Porkbun, and went with later one; both are simply great, at least for me.

@equity78 Shouldn't you have allowed multiple votes, 2 or maybe 3 choices? I believe there are more users who have their domains with a couple of registrars, and they are equally good, it's difficult to chose preffered one.

No the best means the best, #1.

•••
•••
•••
Back