IT.COM

poll Domaining's version of March Madness - Who is the best registrar in the business? 2020 Edition

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is the best registrar in the business? 2020 Edition

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
It's time for the domain industry's version of March Madness

The best registrar in the business for 2020

Registrars that got less than 2 votes from last time were not included, Uniregistry being acquired by GoDaddy is not included.

the last big poll here.

Can NameSilo defend their crown? Will Epik finally come through and attain the top spot? GoDaddy always a contender. Any surprises?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Epik by far.

If other CEOs dont think theyre above us

maybe they can join the discussion. love epik!

Samer

Last edited:
•••
I voted for GoDaddy last year but voted for Epik this time. This time Either of Dynadot or Epik will lead the chart IMO.

•••
•••
This poll will anyway give a good indication of how many Namepros members are Epik employees or how many Epik employees are Namepros members. ;)

•••
•••
I also think it is highly inappropriate for company employees to be voting for their company in a poll like this.
It is very misleading.

Brad

•••
This poll will anyway give a good indication of how many Namepros members are Epik employees or how many Epik employees are Namepros members. ;)
I am not associated to epik in anyway, stop painting all with your biased brush. I Have my reasons to not vote Godaddy this time and ever again.

•••
At quick glance out of 21 votes for Epik, at least 10+ votes are from Epik employees.
How objective. A poll like this is a complete waste of time.

How about a "This poll is stupid" option? :)

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Brad, I am a domainer first and 90% of my domains are at Epik because I like the registrar most of all. My duties as an employee at Epik have nothing to do with this poll. The same applies to all the people that decided to vote on this poll.

I also use NameSilo, Godaddy, Network Solutions, etc. almost daily.

•••
Normally, one would expect all members to vote, including registrar representatives / staff members. In case of one particular registrar (Epik), we now have ~35 representatives @ NP. Other registrars have just 1 or 2 representatives (if any). So, for the reasons of fairness, Epik representatives should avoid voting in this poll imo.

•••
Wish we could vote for several at a time as some registrars are good at different features and services, but anyways for this year Epik all the way :)

•••
GoDaddy for me this time, instant trust by end-users, in most cases. They are my customers & so I have to take that into consideration.

I love Dynadot, but recognition & global reach are GoDaddy's advantages over every other registrar.

imo

•••
I am not associated to epik in anyway, stop painting all with your biased brush. I Have my reasons to not vote Godaddy this time and ever again.

If you don't understand the background of my joke, you might want to look up the word "irony" in the dictionary.

•••
Brad, I am a domainer first and 90% of my domains are at Epik because I like the registrar most of all. My duties as an employee at Epik have nothing to do with this poll. The same applies to all the people that decided to vote on this poll.

There were 18 votes for Epik shortly after this poll was started, 11 employees, I think the next was like 1 or 2 for other companies. Pretty obvious there was some message sent out to vote at past 1 in the morning East Coast time. No employee is going to vote for another company, obvious stuff.

•••

That is fine, but I would have the same issue with any company's employees voting for their own company in a poll like that.

I just don't put any faith in a poll like this. When you have people voting for their own company it just appears to be too biased.

Brad

•••
Normally, one would expect all members to vote, including registrar representatives / staff members. In case of one particular registrar (Epik), we now have ~35 representatives @ NP. Other registrars have just 1 or 2 representatives (if any). So, for the reasons of fairness, Epik representatives should avoid voting in this poll imo.

Yeah. It certainly skews the results.

GoDaddy could come here with 500 employees if they wanted and win every poll.
It takes out all the objectivity.

Brad

•••
At quick glance out of 21 votes for Epik, at least 10+ votes are from Epik employees.
How objective. A poll like this is a complete waste of time.

How about a "This poll is stupid" option? :)

Brad
To have some peace of mind which you need..At the end of the poll or whenever you feel like "minus/deduct the Epik employees from the vote and you can count the remaining ones as fair votes.

•••
Pretty obvious there was some message sent out to vote at past 1 in the morning East Coast time. No employee is going to vote for another company, obvious stuff.
Actually, if there was some sort of an internal message - then it should have been "please do not vote" :) And this fact, if shared publicly, might bring even more enduser votes to the registrar in question. Epik is a good registrar. There are other good registrars. So we have a poll. A winning registrar would not want to have its 1st position questioned if there were employees participating in voting.

•••
Actually, if there was some sort of an internal message - then it should have been "please do not vote" :) And this fact, if shared publicly, might bring even more enduser votes to the registrar in question. Epik is a good registrar. There are other good registrars. So we have a poll. A winning registrar would not want to have its 1st position questioned if there were employees participating in voting.

There is no if, the vote is public. 11 out of first 18.

•••
There is no if, the vote is public. 11 out of first 18.
I am wondering can the poll be edited to make it 100% transparent - who voted for what. I'm enduser, I voted, even though I did not post a comment with my selection yet - would not mind if it becomes visible...

•••
Not a spam.

Kassey is crazy smart and he is routinely co-creating.

You are also crazy smart, but mostly throw rocks.

you've started to spam all over again

•••
I am wondering can the poll be edited to make it 100% transparent - who voted for what. I'm enduser, I voted, even though I did not post a comment with my selection yet - would not mind if it becomes visible...

It is, it's public. I can see who you voted for. You can just click on the vote number. Now, it's not visible to those who haven't voted but once you do, you can see who voted for what. I do wish it was more than 1 vote because I like both GoDaddy and Dynadot.

Last edited:
•••
Epik 200%

No match, Dynadot would come close but escrow service that to with crypto payment plus staffs specially @Rob Monster is unmatchable.

Go Epik or Go Home! 🙌

Last edited:
•••
Cool poll -- Iwas not expecting it this early in 2020 but here we go.

For the folks who want to try Epik out, we have a $6.99 .COM transfer promo in effect:

https://www.epik.com/transfer

We'll keep that in place for as long as we can afford it. More about that here:

https://twitter.com/robmonster/status/1234968464428802048

If folks will be so kind as to use our SSL landers, escrow and marketplace, we'll not only provide renewals at cost with an endless list of free features, we'll even be able to do transfers below cost!

I guess this poll wasn't meant to be an invitation for you @Rob to promoted epik

there is actually no need at all
as you will win anyway

not because you are the best registrar
but because you have spammed this forum over and over
and by now have gotten a lot of fanboys

so no need to spam this thread
really no need.

•••
Back