Domain Empire

poll Domaining's version of March Madness - Who is the best registrar in the business? 2020 Edition

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is the best registrar in the business? 2020 Edition

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
It's time for the domain industry's version of March Madness

The best registrar in the business for 2020

Registrars that got less than 2 votes from last time were not included, Uniregistry being acquired by GoDaddy is not included.

the last big poll here.

Can NameSilo defend their crown? Will Epik finally come through and attain the top spot? GoDaddy always a contender. Any surprises?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Currently:
Epik 148 vote(s)
Dynadot 131 vote(s)
Should it be decided to exclude employee votes (20 Epik employees as per audit posted by @dncafe on page 7), as well a single employee vote for Dynadot - we now have Dynadot winning (130) vs Epik (128). Interesting. In 2020 predictions thread from December, I guessed that Epik will be clear winner. Now, it is not that obvious. Anything can happen in polls and elections, not only in domaining, the last U.S. presidential election for example...

•••
Currently:
Epik 148 vote(s)
Dynadot 131 vote(s)
Should it be decided to exclude employee votes (20 Epik employees as per audit posted by @dncafe on page 7), as well a single employee vote for Dynadot - we now have Dynadot winning (130) vs Epik (128). Interesting. In 2020 predictions thread from December, I guessed that Epik will be clear winner. Now, it is not that obvious. Anything can happen in polls and elections, not only in domaining, the last U.S. presidential election for example...

Epik has 150. (currently shows as 149)

they wont change @PriyankaS’s vote from enom to epik (selected enom by mistake)

•••
Very surprised to see that Namesilo doesn’t have one of the top 2 here. Their ui is so flawless and they offer so much more in the way of bulk tools, management and analysis then any of the others. Also their pricing is very competitive. The only complaint I have is their support is not live 24/7

Last edited:
•••
I know Uni was bought by Godaddy, but I think it's a shame it's not included. Easily one of the best. I use a lot of registrars and I would describe them all as quirky. They all seem to have some funny ways. There are some which are so bad, so appalling, they even make me smile. It might seem a little negative to run a poll on the worst registrar, but it could serve as a wake up call to those businesses.

•••
Currently:
Epik 148 vote(s)
Dynadot 131 vote(s)
Epik has 149 as I see now and last time, I corrected that audit since @dncafe left two employees. Not sure since if more staff voted or not

•••
Not a big fan of Uniregistry, but I think it was incorrect to exclude them. At least 2 members complained that they wanted to vote for Uni. Uni is still ICANN accredited registrar. Owned by GoDaddy? Well, let it be so. As a matter of fact, Monker, InternetBS and Hexonet are also owned by one and the same entity - CentralNic, but they are listed separately.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Top 3 last year were Namesilo, Godaddy, then Dynadot. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Screenshot_20200309-115848_Firefox.jpg

Still plenty of time for things to change but based on the early votes looks like Epik is most improved.

Last edited:
•••
Currently:
Epik 148 vote(s)
Dynadot 131 vote(s)

After just a few hours, Dynadot is still winning with non-employee votes, and the difference is even higher:

Epik: 153 total votes, 133 non-employee votes.
DynaDot: 143 total votes, 142 non-employee votes.

Folks who did not yet vote should not hesitate to place their vote. Especially Epik fans and Dynadot fans. It is critically important if you want to support your favorite registrar :)

Last edited:
•••
After just a few hours, Dynadot is still winning with non-employee votes, and the difference is even higher:

Epik: 153 total votes, 133 non-employee votes.
DynaDot: 143 total votes, 142 non-employee votes.

Folks who did not yet vote should not hesitate to place their vote. Especially Epik fans and Dynadot fans. It is critically important if you want to support your favorite registrar :)

Here is the wildcard to all of that, and I will say I cannot verify this, but Namepros mods/management have stated before that there are many registrar employees who are members that have no id badges.

Ok I found the mention:

Interestingly, we have a lot of evidence that there are hundreds of employees of these top companies on NamePros without staff badges. There are reasonable reasons for that, such as the employee not using their NamePros account for company-related purposes or not wanting to be sent company-related support requests, especially if that's not their department at the company.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/ro...out-paying-a-dime.1167267/page-9#post-7532889

Last edited:
•••
Here is the wildcard to all of that, and I will say I cannot verify this, but Namepros mods/management have stated before that there are many registrar employees who are members that have no id badges.
So, imho, the best thing would be to calculate results based on what is public. Sherlock Holmes is not NP member, so... best effort. Two tables on April 1st: with and without employee votes based on public profiles.

Alternatively, it may be practical to use the results of related poll ( https://www.namepros.com/threads/should-employee-votes-count.1179775/ ) and show just 1 table as this poll outcome, with or without employee votes, depending on the "Should employee votes count?" poll final results...

•••
•••
So, imho, the best thing would be to calculate results based on what is public. Sherlock Holmes is not NP member, so... best effort. Two tables on April 1st: with and without employee votes based on public profiles.

Alternatively, it may be practical to use the results of related poll ( https://www.namepros.com/threads/should-employee-votes-count.1179775/ ) and show just 1 table as this poll outcome, with or without employee votes, depending on the "Should employee votes count?" poll final results...

Two sets of results is a bit much. And why punish Epik just because they actually badge their staff. We should be encouraging more companies to do so not put those who do at a disadvantage. Best thing is to assume all companies have staff voting whether we know it or not just accept it and move on.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I don't think so. Why punish Epik just because they actually badge their staff. We should be encouraging more companies to do so not put those who do at a disadvantage. Best thing is to assume all companies have staff voting whether we know it or not just accept it and move on.

Well I tend to agree with that, with all the proper disclaimers, transparency for one registrar cannot be a negative. I mean if I had a registrar and this thing means something all the employees of TLDinvestors are just going to be hear disliking the posts of competition, tell you what music they are listening too, and welcoming every new member so they get a lot of likes. Then vote, vote, vote and look member name Ilovecabbage, loves TLDinvestors. (I kid, but maybe).

Last edited:
•••

Ok I found the mention:

Interestingly, we have a lot of evidence that there are hundreds of employees of these top companies on NamePros without staff badges. There are reasonable reasons for that, such as the employee not using their NamePros account for company-related purposes or not wanting to be sent company-related support requests, especially if that's not their department at the company.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/ro...out-paying-a-dime.1167267/page-9#post-7532889

Well, let's say that's true and that's across the board.

Epik on top of that has:

40 badged employees

verified unbadged employees - 0 for everybody else

if/who knows how many influencers. Rob did mention increasing that on social media, I'll take him on his word on that. We had 2 recent threads started recently for the sole purpose of telling us what a great guy he is.

Also, I don't recall ever getting a dislike from these mysterious employees of other places.

I point out the obvious in another thread, that somebody with 3 posts made basically a commercial for him and the dislike army came out. I'm actually fine with that because it just exposes the influencer effort being run here.

Top 3 last year were Namesilo, Godaddy, then Dynadot. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Show attachment 147080

Still plenty of time for things to change but based on the early votes looks like Epik is most improved.

Thanks for pointing out Dynadot, GoDaddy, Namesilo have been top 3 consistently last few years. Yes, Epik made a jump/improving but once you take your fanboy hat off, let's acknowledge reality, there was a big jump in employees. And Rob said that will continue to grow. Maybe next year we have 100.

•••
I don't think so. Why punish Epik just because they actually badge their staff.

Another alternative: cross that bridge when one comes to it. What if Epik technically wins the current poll with >20 votes difference (vs Dynadot) on March 31st? Or, what if Dynadot will obtain more votes (even +1 vote) vs. Epik even with employee votes? So the results would be acceptable "as is".

Also, since we live in a Democracy, the related poll "Should employee votes count?" may (and, probably, should) be used to decide what is better...

•••
I voted for Dynadot genius. You can't even read a poll.

Maybe since even you realize fall from grace Godaddy..

I would've voted Dynadot too, (if i wasnt completely satisfied, love with Epik)

•••
Maybe since even you realize fall from grace Godaddy..

I would've voted Dynadot too, (if i wasnt completely satisfied, love with Epik)

Again, with the reading struggles. I said we should have more than 1 vote, I like GoDaddy and Dynadot.

•••
Again, with the reading struggles. I said we should have more than 1 vote, I like GoDaddy and Dynadot.

and I would have voted #1 Epik, #2 Dynadot, #3 Namesilo my top-3.

That's not how the world works. Pick 1- stand by it

Samer

•••
I voted for Dynadot genius. You can't even read a poll. And you're really the last person on this forum to talk about anybody being a fanboy. You've went to some other level on that, I believe you may have a shrine.
You changed your vote when you could before @equity78 closed that option.

•••
and I would have voted Epik, Dynadot, Namesilo my top-3.

That's not how the world works. Pick 1- stick to it.

That's for acknowledging you also like Dynadot, Namesilo, registrars in the top 3 last few polls, that's consistentcy.

You changed your vote when you could before @equity78 closed that option.

Yes, lol, I went over that a few times already. The lack of reading around here. I said I like both, just a few minutes ago even. I was floating between which one I liked best. Hard for me to pick between them, that's why, yet again, I like multiple votes.

Last edited:
•••
Another alternative: cross that bridge when one comes to it. What if Epik technically wins the current poll with >20 votes difference (vs Dynadot) on March 31st? Or, what if Dynadot will obtain more votes (even +1 vote) vs. Epik even with employee votes? So the results would be acceptable "as is".

Also, since we live in a Democracy, the related poll "Should employee votes count?" may (and, probably, should) be used to decide what is better...

The point is NP staff are on record about how there appears to be numerous inbadged staff from various registrars on here. Considering they have IP logs or can see if someone registered with a work email address I think they would have a good idea. So we dont know how many unbadged staff for any registrar did or did not vote. We only know about Epik staff because they are badged because they are known.

•••
The point is NP staff are on record about how there appears to be numerous inbadged staff from various registrars on here. Considering they have IP logs or can see if someone registered with a work email address I think they would have a good idea. So we dont know how many unbadged staff for any registrar did or did not vote. We only know about Epik staff because they are badged because they are known.

Read my previous post:

Well, let's say that's true and that's across the board.

Epik on top of that has:

40 badged employees

verified unbadged employees - 0 for everybody else

if/who knows how many influencers. Rob did mention increasing that on social media, I'll take him on his word on that. We had 2 recent threads started recently for the sole purpose of telling us what a great guy he is.
----------
You're activated now because you see Dynadot making some moves for that #1 spot, fanboys not happy. Same guys that disliked me pointing out obvious promotion are very active here, once they see Dynadot moving up.

You make it a little too obvious when you go overboard with it.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back