NameSilo

domain.com - $1.99 for .COM, $0.99 for .NET

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

UXela

Account Closed
Impact
Domain.com are running a promo:
You can get a .com for $1.99 and a .net for 0.99.
It is overlapping with their 40% promo also for a few hours you you can get these even lower ($1.19 for .COM and $0.59 for .NET).
...but hurry, it won't last long :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Don't be alarmed if they auto renew your names for $14 - $30 per year even if you opt for manual renewal.

Don't be alarmed if they cancel your domains without even informing.

Don't be alarmed if they register domains different that you ordered.

In case of any problem, do not expect any support.

I can go on and on and on. In nutshell, save yourself the pain.

•••
•••
According to the reviews, Dotster has a terrible hosting service. But what about the domains?
Has anyone here an account at Dotster?

yes I read everywhere stay away from hosting

but who cares about that if you just wanna reg cheap domains

works okay for me so far. so its up to everyone if they wanna save those $ or not.

cheers

•••
Don't be alarmed if they auto renew your names for $14 - $30 per year even if you opt for manual renewal.

yes and don't be alarmed if aliens invade the earth one day
heh

•••
Ever experienced alien invasion, son?

Coz I have experienced everything I said about domain.com and partners.

yes and don't be alarmed if aliens invade the earth one day
heh

•••
Ever experienced alien invasion, son?

Coz I have experienced everything I said about domain.com and partners.

you throw the word son around like it means something

buzz off

•••
Well, got almost 100 names..
One bad experience was having names i wanted to refund after a few days.. They refused again and again.
Ended up emailing domain.com ceo and a day after got a refund to my paypal account so for me they are good.

•••
The sale is over on Dotster :'(
I managed to buy 7 names yesterday for $1.39, but there are still some great names on my list.
Whatever, let's wait for the next great promo :)

•••
Please post your remaining names here. We will reg for normal Price.B-)

•••
Please post your remaining names here. We will reg for normal Price.B-)

:D Maybe later. I have a list of 100 names of which I'm planning to register only 10-15. I'll share the rest with you :)

•••
i got 11 yesterday.. fine by me :)

•••
Guys... is there a company that will allow me to register like a 100 names for 1.99?

•••
•••
Domain.com will allow you to buy even hundreds of names for $1.99 (when they have a promo), the problem is that their interface is incredibly slow and anti-user-friendly, so you must be very patient :)

•••
so the sale was a few days earlier than I anticipated :)
better luck next time...

•••
What kind of names are you guys buying?
5L chips or Brandables or 7N or any other

•••

Have been using since last 3 years, none of these have happened. Only problem is interface is not like Godaddy.

Domain.com and Dotster are pretty much same platforms. Did not have issues with renewals, transfers or account push for domains at all.

•••
People who got hundreds of domains at domain.com and dotster -- Don't forget to enable the manual renewal. By default, auto renewal is enabled.

•••
People who got hundreds of domains at domain.com and dotster -- Don't forget to enable the manual renewal. By default, auto renewal is enabled.

Also don't forget to enable transfer lock on. By default transfer lock is disabled.

•••
•••
Usually transfer lock should be enabled always, to prevent unauthorized domain transfers.

Its not safe to disable transfer lock.

•••
You are lucky. Though it can also happen with you. Just use Google to find out.

I have been a customer since 2006 (10 years).

Have been using since last 3 years, none of these have happened. Only problem is interface is not like Godaddy.

Domain.com and Dotster are pretty much same platforms. Did not have issues with renewals, transfers or account push for domains at all.

•••
They still might renew all of them at $14 - $30 per piece. It has happened previously

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back