domains TheDeeply.com sells for $75K Net

NameSilo
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

Alex Verdea posted that with Rick Schwartz in his corner he sold TheDeeply.com for $75,000 Net. One point Alex made in his tweet was for people to turn off their whois privacy.Congrats to Alex on a great domain name sale.https://twitter.com/AlexVerdea/status/1774787047355498932 … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Oh, wow, these all seem like terrible names to me. Shows what I know 🤣

Top dollar name is definitely a shitty brand/name. I'll give the buyer a pass as it's a '00 purchase and things worked differently back then.

•••
I think the buyer didn't care the grammatical meaning (adverb), he/she had a sentimental attachment to the word Deeply.....

•••
Thanks for the data @equity78 Note that all of the others on the list are The + a noun.
Top 10 Reported The Keyword .com sales of all time

The term 'deeply' is an adjective. As such "The" and "deeply" do not go together naturally, at least if that is the complete expression. For example "the deeply divided" would be a complete expression where it is an adjective.

I agree with those who have commented that this is an outlier sale, an entertainment company that wanted badly that exact expression.

If one waits long enough, I guess the perfect seller may come along even for rare combinations. In this case he was fortunate that in a short time from registration someone came along wanting this one.

Congrats to Alex on the negotiation getting top dollar out of this name.

-Bob

Last edited:
•••
Hi

sometimes,
domains get sold for headscratcher amount, because the seller has reputation of high dollar transactions.
so, if/when the potential buyer is aware of that, then they are more likely to pay or offer close to asking price.

imo...

•••
Hi

sometimes,
domains get sold for headscratcher amount, because the seller has reputation of high dollar transactions.
so, if/when the potential buyer is aware of that, then they are more likely to pay or offer close to asking price.

imo...
Absolutely Don. Over the years working with Mike Berkens when Mike was active before selling to GoDaddy, people who wanted a name would say I guess if Mike owns it I am going to have to pay more right? I would say well Mike does not sell cheap.

I cannot mention the name because it's not mine it was Mike's but I helped broker a name with a European GoDaddy broker who was exceptional, I say that because after frustration with Mike taking his time to get back to me, the buyer wanted the name badly and there was even a public record if he knew how to use Namebio of just under $300. The initial offer was solid at $15,000. I told the guy Mike doesn't sell cheap, when Mike finally gets back to me, he tells me tell them $100K. I thought ok that's nuts. They came back at $45K, I told the GoDaddy broker who they now hired as well, $100K or don't bother replying. They came back at $100K in less than 12 hours. I could not believe it. Some people just have that rep and knack for getting more. I am willing to bet 99.9% of every domainer in the biz would have jumped for joy at $15K. Now of course Mike has always told me you can never under any circumstance take the first offer even if it makes you ecstatic. If someone opens at $500K for a name you would sell for $50K gladly you must counter higher. And that strategy served him well. He started every year with a $750K plus renewal bill. He told me and in interviews he always surpassed that.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back