domains TheDeeply.com sells for $75K Net

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

Alex Verdea posted that with Rick Schwartz in his corner he sold TheDeeply.com for $75,000 Net. One point Alex made in his tweet was for people to turn off their whois privacy.Congrats to Alex on a great domain name sale.https://twitter.com/AlexVerdea/status/1774787047355498932 … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Curious to know what are the reasons that led Alex to price it that way

Last edited:
•••
It gets more insane when you realize the domain name was created last year.

•••
•••
How do you get Rick Schwartz in your corner? TheStrongly.com is available and I want to ask him if he can help me sail it for $100k if i reg it

Last edited:
•••
sh*it name

there are a lot of cool names for Deep Tech at reasonable prices

imo

•••
I turned whois privacy off, but they hide it anyway because of GDPR. :xf.rolleyes:

•••
sh*it name

there are a lot of cool names for Deep Tech at reasonable prices

imo

You keep selling “cool” names at reasonable prices, I know Alex is happy selling “shit” names at unreasonable ones 😉

•••
How does Thedeeply.com worth 75k? With "The" for that matter! Market has gone crazy.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Top 10 Reported The Keyword .com sales of all time

themortgage.com500,000 USD2000-05-01Private
thedeeply.com75,000 USD2024-04-01Private
thecompany.com60,000 USD2021-01-31GoDaddy
thestores.com50,000 USD2015-06-07MostWantedDomains
therake.com42,000 USD2015-09-06MostWantedDomains
thecrown.com40,000 USD2011-06-09Sedo
thekingdom.com39,999 USD2021-12-21NameMarket.com
thespear.com39,900 USD2024-02-21DomainMarket.com
theride.com38,187 USD2023-06-26Sedo
thecompany.com37,500 USD2013-06-03Afternic
all these (suffix) words (company, mortgate, stores etc) , if we namebio it, great sales + in number, but for deeply its few with low amount, Dotdb dont show much either, its not a much searched kw either, in your experience what factors could hv contributed to such huge amount for this name ?

•••
all these (suffix) words (company, mortgate, stores etc) , if we namebio it, great sales + in number, but for deeply its few with low amount, Dotdb dont show much either, its not a much searched kw either, in your experience what factors could hv contributed to such huge amount for this name ?
He lucked out I believe there was an entertainment agency involved. Sometimes people just get lucky, things line up that someone has a name that seems obscure and somewhere else in the world a big tech or entertainment company is naming a product, service or movie that exact name.

•••
It's an outlier sale. It's not like "The Deeply" is some great term with a big pool of potential buyers.

When all the factors line up, you can see a sale like this.

I would have sold it much cheaper, as I would never price a domain like this anywhere near that price range.

There is an argument to be made that you would make more total sales by just making good sales than by making the random sale like this. You have to turn down a lot of good offers to make one outlier sale.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
How do you get Rick Schwartz in your corner? TheStrongly.com is available and I want to ask him if he can help me sail it for $100k if i reg it
Some domains are sold and bought for money laundering

•••
•••
Care to explain how this is related to the domain king?
It is related to everything and everybody.
It is a fact: that some domains are sold and bought for money laundering.
And you never can say it is not right

•••
I think money laundering with domains might have been more popular before crypto and NFT existed. :ROFL:

Brad

•••
I think money laundering with domains might have been more popular before crypto and NFT existed. :ROFL:

Brad
I never told that domaining is a unique money-loundering option.
There are many more: crypto, and NFT, but if you need to declare income, domaining is much better than crypto.

•••
@maya-zir I don't think you can say this at all times if you think that the price paid for a domain is too high in your opinion. You will have to come up with evidence per individual case, rather than generalities.

•••

Brad
Crypto or NFS have some value and you must declare them.
Domains and websites are not something the TAX department will be interested in.
The domain or website can cost zero, but at the same time can cost thousands.

•••
@maya-zir I don't think you can say this at all times if you think that the price paid for a domain is too high in your opinion. You will have to come up with evidence per individual case, rather than generalities.
I said that some domains are sold and bought for money laundering.
I have no idea who sold and who bought the domain mentioned in this thread, but I insist that domains are sold and bought ALSO for money laundering purposes.
Especially if you need to declare your income or your losses.
And I don't need to present any evidence.

Last edited:
•••
@maya-zir I still don't understand why you're bringing this up, especially in the context of the domain king.

•••
@maya-zir I still don't understand why you're bringing this up, especially in the context of the domain king.
If someone calls himself a king, this does not mean that he is a king.
At least not for me.
Check all sold expensive domains and you see 70% are not in use.

Last edited:
•••
If someone calls himself a king, this does not mean that he is a king.
At least not for me.
Check all sold expensive domains and you see 70% are not in use.
Again: evidence is king. There is no place for conspiracy theories in this thread.

•••
Again: evidence is king. There is no place for conspiracy theories in this thread.
Do not try to impose your opinion on me, with such naivety and lack of critical thinking, you are not an authoritative source, nor a person whose opinion should be listened to.
It makes no sense to listen to the opinion of a person who has idols and self-proclaimed kings.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back