NameSilo

Do you do any outbound sales for your portfolio

Labeled as poll in Domain Selling and Domain Sales started by equity78, Oct 9, 2019 at 11:25 PM.

Replies:
Views:

?

Do you do any outbound sales for your portfolio

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  3. I used to but have stopped after so many negative or non responses

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
Total: 37 vote(s)
  1. equity78

equity78 Top Member TLDInvestors.com TheDomains Staff PRO Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Simple question, do you do any outbound marketing as part of your domain business?

For newer members:

Outbound Sales is when you go out to find and bring clients, or cold calling in other words push sales. Inbound is when you try to bring the customers or leads to you, this is done by doing digital marketing, it's also called pull sales

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent Gold Account VIP Trusted Blogger

I voted yes but I hardly ever do, like would not even average one per month or 20 inquiries over my entire years in domaining.

I only do it when I see huge potential advantage to someone and only when I am pretty sure they don't know otherwise. And never by phone and only single email unless they respond.

I do mention from time to time domains on Twitter if that is regarded as outbound - I don't hink so.

Thanks for thread!

Bob

3. equity78

equity78 Top Member TLDInvestors.com TheDomains Staff PRO Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Sure Bob and even if it's only a little I think that qualifies for yes. Thanks for voting.

4. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

5. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Top Member VIP

I did on my first round as a domainer...in this current incarnation I have done very little...with mediocre results.

Things (and laws) are different now but I've been in more of an acquisition phase the last few years but if a reasonable offer came in thru parking/landers, I would accept.

But...2020 will start a new phase for me. The acquisitions will continue with an 30% or so increase but outbound will be the new focus...been honing methods of marketing and I am looking forward to the challenge!

6. oldtimer

oldtimer Do some good for humanity and the environment VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Outbounding is too stressful for me, ever since I had a heart attack a few years back I find it hard to deal with all the anxiety and pressure that is associated with cold calling and emailing end users. Domaining is more like a hobby for me, I keep a very small portfolio that I have created mostly by hand registering domains that I have found through researching new trends and new technologies. I honestly rather to be able to keep most of the domains in my collection, but I have made Sales Landers for them in the hopes that I could sell maybe couple of domains here and there to help with renewals and new registrations, although I find having a small portfolio and not being able to aggressively pursue end users to be a big disadvantage for me as a domainer. IMO

7. Lee Latner

Lee Latner Established Member

With previous experience including tele-sales and debt collection, I feel in my element when it comes to reaching out to customers. I outbound via email, Facebook Messenger, and cold calling to very targeted businesses. A large portion of the domains that I outbound are geo + service domains though, so it's really easy to identify and market to the potential customers. As expected, the purchase price on outbound deals does come in lower than that of inbounds; maybe due to the fact that before I reached out, they weren't expecting to make the purchase. Even with that being the case, the steadier revenue stream than that of inbound only has allowed me to pay for and continue to grow my portfolio.

8. Masay

Masay Established Member

outreach using email only. if no outbound, how I sell my average/handreg names?

9. JayT

JayT LIFESAVINGS.ONLINE

This outbound you are talking is spamming. You build a website and have them 'come to you' organically! You have their attention then, if you sell your whole business, offer it to them there. I hope no one is randomly spamming their domains to whomever.

10. bashariqbal

bashariqbal Established Member

Yes I do outbounds and they are necessary if you are starting out with average names and dont want to wait for the butyer come to you as it can take years.

11. FolioTeam

FolioTeam Top Member VIP

12. NameJi

NameJi The Domain Lover Gold Account

Seller lose upper hand in outbound domain sales. One ends up receving low ball offers.

Will it work? Yes, but one ends up closing low ball deal.

13. TCK

TCK NameOptions.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Not unless you have a superior domain. The only time you lose is if YOU are desperate to sell. Make the prospective buyer aware that the domain is available. Maybe send one reminder if they don't respond in a few days but don't badger them. If they respond and don't accept your price, you are not obligated to sell. But at least there is interest in your domain.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice