NameSilo

When you do outbound...

Labeled as discuss in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by Domlogix, Apr 9, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. Domlogix

Domlogix Upgraded Member Gold Account

When you do outbound sales make sure you don't leak your leads to other sellers.

This is the issue if your domains are parked or the landers are hosted by mainstream marketplaces.

We are all friends here. But we are also competitors (in a friendly way).

When you send out sales emails or making calls, be sure that any lead lands on your professionally looking landing page. Capture leads that you can follow up on.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/megalander-self-hosted-landing-pages.1234798/

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP

i heard at the end of the year companies have extra cash to spend.

Interesting concept? Time! Followed thread.

Samer

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  3. Domlogix

The concept is the result of much feedback. Can you specify what you mean by "Time" followed by question mark?

4. Samer

5. Domlogix

OK. I got it. Timing is important. But also you don't want to leak your efforts. You want leads to save your domain if they are considering purchasing it. Some purchases are spur of the moment but most are considered over a period of time. If you can capture the lead then you have the upper hand in keeping interest alive.

6. Samer

End users, if they are a corporation, will have all this unused cash imo end of year.
    (I will try to find where i got this info from..
    It was unforgettable, when i read it first time.)

Extra cash, Why not use it on Domains? :xf.grin:
    It was an unforgettable post, that first taught me the concept of “time” in outbounding.
    think this is it. was a Dec 2019 post by Morgan

You asked a great question.
    Time does matter. Higher chance “yes” in Dec, than say in January imo,of course not all equal

7. Domlogix

Indeed. Also, followups are underestimated, IMO. Especially if there is a reply. I rarely accept the first offer. If a counteroffer is rejected and no other offer is made, I wait some time before contacting the person again. That is the luxury of capturing leads. If the first offer was from a serious buyer then more than likely they will respond. And as timing is concerned, people read emails when it is most convenient to them. This can change day to day.

8. iAdam

iAdam iadam.com Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

When you have time to do it, and to do it right.
    I personally don't because i find it spammy.

9. Samer

“Spammy” email led to Mark Cuban buying
    Democracy.com

Just need to find the right billionaire

“Someone sent me a cold email,”. “I gave them price I would be willing to pay. They said yes.” He declined to say how much.”
    (Source-Nytimes)

10. Domlogix

There is a spammy and non-spammy way to do it. I wouldn't do it unless I knew I had a great match of the domain to the person I was contacting.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice