IT.COM

DO NOT do business with TTHosting.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Around 2 weeks ago, I posted in a domains wanted thread that had been made by TTHosting. He soon contacted me via PM saying that he was interested in purchasing the domain from me however that he did not have paypal funds available at the moment. He requested that I hold the domain for him until he could transfer funds from his bank to his paypal account.

A week later and he had not contacted me so I sent him a PM. He did not respond. 2 days later I sent another PM to which he responded with
TTHosting said:
Heya sorry it tiook me so long to get back to you.. I just sold a siet waiting for the paypal so illput your funds in within the next 24 hours.. im sorry pls dont bad rep me.. Ive just bee tied up here :s

I agree to allow for another 24 hours. At this point it has been 2 weeks since I had posted in his thread.

24 hours came and went and I sent another PM to him requesting that he complete the transaction. He responded saying that payment would arrive later that day and requested that I add him to MSN. As of today he had still not sent payment, and refused to respond to my messages until finally stating
ok Robert.. since you've beenr ather rude about this.. and i considered picking up the domain jsut as something to aquire.. no real need for it.. I'm declining the purchase.. feel free to sell it elsewhere.. I buy quite a few domains as I go.. but I don't appreciate someone being excessively rude especially considering I was the buyer.. If you give me negative.. I'll simply return the favour..

I consider myself a rather patient person, however this sort of behavior is simply unacceptable in a business situation in my opinion. I have left negative feedback on TTHosting (and I am now off to post in the PM-to-Staff forum to have his negative feedback removed from my profile).

-robert

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
And you did the right thing. He didn't pay, he is the one that was wrong. He deserved the negative feedback. I've had this happen to me before. I got a negative feedback because a non-paying bidder got mad that I left them a negative feedback, thank God the admins set things straight. The only reason I agree with you is because he told you to hold it for him (it's kind of like a verbal agreement to purchase), if he didn't say that, I would have said you were wrong, but he did so you actually could have possibly lost money due to you holding the domain for that specific person. Just remember a verbal agreement is legally binding.

•••
Um.. excuse me.. But this is Slander.. I am a very busy individual.. I haven't had much time to make it for my banking in the last day or two and frankly I was discusted with how rude and pushy you were over a mediocre domain I was contemplating buying.. I felt you were obnoxious and blantantly demanding over a frigging 50 dollar domain.. at NO point did I ever even mention you transfering it to me or anything.. I did think about owning the domain for perhaps a future project but your business manner was rather rude and arrogant and frankly I don't do business like that.. So if you feel like slandering me some more go ahead.. but you are making yourself look foolish.. Just because I express interest in a domain.. and choose not to buy it because you seem very rude over a 50.00 domain.. does not constitute ME for doing bad business.. I have purchased over 50 domains in the last week all paid for.. and not one single person was arrogant like you are... In fact I bought 500.00 in advertising in the last week too from NP users.

If I gave negative feedback for every time in the last week someone offered to buy a domain from me and changed thier mind in the last week I would have spent hours adding bad comments but just because I wanted the domain does not mean I was obligated to purchase due to the fact that you were being an asshole right from the start over the deal.. It's a 50.00 domain.. peanuts... You my friend have some nerve..
Had you been a more patient and nicer seller I may have even bought more from you.. I wouldnt even buy microsoft.com from you now if you owned it for ten bucks...

*shakes head*

If I were you I would edit this thread and pull your head out of your ass.

You were the seller.. I am the buyer.. i have a right to chose what I buy and whom iI buy it from.. I was interested until you demanded immediate payment etc and threatened negative feedback while I wasn't even here ...

Anyhows.. this thread isn't worth my time.. I won't be buying any domains in future from you.. sorry..

I told you specifically on MSN that I wouldnt buy your domain.. Just because I don't like your business ethics does NOT mean I am bad to do business with... I've as I said made many purchases already here.

Last edited:
•••
Why did you buy 50 other domains in the past week instead of paying for the domain you reserved with Robert?

•••
Uh because As I told this "Robert" fellow I had to put funds on my Visa and today and yesterday I spent most of my days in conference last minute with some investors and hadn't had time to get to it yet.. I work with so many people daily.. Namepros is only one interest I have.. I fully intended to purchase this until I got his rude messages.. Im sorry but Im a buyer.. I in no way am going to be forced to buy something form someone who is rude and obnoxious to me... When I read the comments he had left me I compared it to some car salesman trying to tell me If I didnt buy HIS car.. He would put my name in the newspaper as being a bad driver... Or similar... Either way.. I decided to change the decision based on his actions.. not the domain itself...

I'm sure it's a good domain.. I just don't need it that badly to be dealt with in a rude fashion.. I hope that is explanatory enough.. And besides the point.. I don't have to explain why I choose not to purchase a domain..

I feel his poor me thread is way out of line for someone who was ignorant to the buyer to start with.. Take some business ethics classes my friend ...

Anyhows I'm not posting in here further.. I've made my submission ..
I am sure lots of you probably like this fellow.. Therfor I won't sit here further and say anything at all about him... Perhaps even he might be a decent guy.. I just didn't like the way he was rubbing me with this sale.

Enjoy your evening people

•••
TTHosting said:
Um.. excuse me.. But this is Slander..

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=slander. Slander is "A false and malicious statement or report about someone". Everything that I have said in this thread is true.

TTHosting said:
I am a very busy individual.. I haven't had much time to make it for my banking in the last day or two
You requested to purchase this domain 17 days ago.

TTHosting said:
and frankly I was discusted with how rude and pushy you were over a mediocre domain I was contemplating buying.. I felt you were obnoxious and blantantly demanding over a frigging 50 dollar domain.. at NO point did I ever even mention you transfering it to me or anything.. I did think about owning the domain for perhaps a future project but your business manner was rather rude and arrogant and frankly I don't do business like that.. So if you feel like slandering me some more go ahead.. but you are making yourself look foolish.. Just because I express interest in a domain.. and choose not to buy it because you seem very rude over a 50.00 domain.. does not constitute ME for doing bad business.. I have purchased over 50 domains in the last week all paid for.. and not one single person was arrogant like you are...
You did not say that you were "interested", you said "Then youll have a deal.. I will buy this from you for 50.00 and thanks" (see the attached screenshot incase you forgot). You agreed to purchase the domain which constitutes entering into a contract. You then put me off for almost 3 weeks.

TTHosting said:
If I gave negative feedback for every time in the last week someone offered to buy a domain from me and changed thier mind in the last week I would have spent hours adding bad comments but just because I wanted the domain does not mean I was obligated to purchase due to the fact that you were being an asshole right from the start over the deal.. It's a 50.00 domain.. peanuts... You my friend have some nerve..
Had you been a more patient and nicer seller I may have even bought more from you.. I wouldnt even buy microsoft.com from you now if you owned it for ten bucks...

*shakes head*

If I were you I would edit this thread and pull your head out of your ass.

You were the seller.. I am the buyer.. i have a right to chose what I buy and whom iI buy it from.. I was interested until you demanded immediate payment etc and threatened negative feedback while I wasn't even here ...

Anyhows.. this thread isn't worth my time.. I won't be buying any domains in future from you.. sorry..

I have been incredibly polite and patient with you, and gave you ample opportunities to complete your half of our agreement. I suggest that you do some research on contracts before you get yourself into real trouble.

-robert

•••
Polite?

hardly?

Did you see me post in here what an asshole you were? and not to do business with you period? No? Why? Because I operate more professional than that in general..

Look your 50.00 domain lost it's value completely the second you seemed rude.. I was the BUYER.. you were the seller.. Would you go buy a hamburger from someone who was spitting in it?..

No?..

Thought not..

Anyhows.. If you still have the domain once I get time to put the money on my Visa monday I will buy it just to be appease the crowd.. but that's about the only reason.. I'll just resell it..

If you can flog it before monday be my guest..

I couldn't help being stuck in meetings the last two days.. Something about having dealings with multimillion dollar companies compared to being frantic over some impatient fellow over a 50 dollar domain is pretty easy to weigh out.. I do apologise for not being able to be more expedient.. That I am honest in saying.. But I have to say you were and you must admit this.. kind of rude considering I tried to explain the circumstances ...

If you still have it monday.. I will take it.

•••
Just to be the bad guy TTHosting, I disagree with every single statement you've made. First your grammar isn't to great, and I don't see you as the guy that bought 50 domains and spent $500 in advertising in the last week and couldn't pay $50 for a domain two and a half weeks ago. I could be wrong, but I'm calling your bluff. I never ass bid unless I'm in Atlantic City, that's what it's called when you try bluffing to win. According to that PM you binded yourself into an agreement. He could have been the biggest jerk in the world, but he lived up to his end and held the domain for you.

Don't think this is forum politics, I don't know viciouscircle, just like I don't know 99.9% of the members here, I just come here to buy domains and post my opinion. And my opinion is don't say you're going to buy something if you can't afford it or don't want to buy it.

•••
You are in all of these "Important" meetings ....... and you were trying to borrow 5$ in the chat the other night ? Why doesn't this compute to me ..... Hmmmm

•••
Um I can afford the domain plenty easily.. I just need to get into the bank to do my banking.. I have indeed been very very busy. I did and do intend to buy the domain. I have indeed purchased Many over the last little while. For the record, if I am standing in a grocery store in a lineup at the check out and the person running the register is rude and arrogant to me.. does that mean I am contractually bound to purchase that loaf of bread?. No.
I will as I said purchase the domain on monday as soon as the bank opens and that will be that. It's simply a matter of principle and I will agree that I agreed to buy the domain therfor I will since I don't wish to be listed as a bad buyer. But a seller should remember that the buyer is the person with the money and the interest.. If anything he should have been trying to convince me of the sale instead of being blunt and rude right from the beginning. I guess it's a simple matter of a learning mistake in this game. For the record however Vicious (And your nickname says it all) Perhaps next time you could be a friendlier person to do business with. I know I am polite to my customers buying what I have to sell.. I am also polite when I am buying.. It just seems the proper way to do things.. I do apologise for taking so long to deal with this yes.. since 99% of my purchases are instant. I'd have a way better feeling about buying this had he not posted this so called warning. If you look I already had two positive feedbacks... I'm sure I'm not the only really busy person around here so perhaps others might understand that. Anyhows.. As I said for the final time if you still have the domain on Monday morning Vicious I'll dump you the 50.00 via paypal. I'd send it to you right now but it would be an echeck and take alot longer to clear.

Mark that was for a backorder of a important name drop and part of the same reason (not having been to the bank to transfer to the visa) .

Meetings yes.. I don't hold all my eggs in one basket.. I have alot of vested interests.. Not just domain names.

Anyhows.. could you pm me the paypal address Vicious? If I aquire funds in my paypal before Monday I will pay sooner..

Last edited:
•••
If that really is your problem, maybe you should connect your bank account or a Visa credit card (as opposed to a Visa pre-paid card) to your PayPal account. You might be worried about fraud, but I can assure you if you take care of security on your end, you will never have a problem. I've been making payments online for various years now and I've never had a problem. It's still no excuse for a 17 day waiting period especially when it's not an escrow transaction.

•••
Also since I don't need the domain at all.. Here is what I am going to do.. Buy it.. give it to the namepros staff.. and they can use it as a prize in some sort of contest.. that might be cool.. perhaps a design contest.. for some new feature.. I like the site here.. It doesn't overcharge it's members when it clearly could.. all the other ones do.. I don't mind giving back. I don't know I am 30 years old.. Been a Linux admin for what seems like since the dinosaurs roamed... -RJ- has a good thing going here.

I applied for a paypal visa but havent gotten a reply back yet

Here's another good idea.. I'm going to place a few of my domains for sale in the auction area... if anyone wants any of them.. Ill take paypal.. then I can pay this guy sooner.

•••
I have a PayPal Visa and the funny thing is, it's not even connected to my PayPal account. It's actually a decent card (Providian is the bank). I have my bank account and another credit card attached to the PayPal account. The best thing to do is attach any bank account to it, even if it only has $1.24 in it. A credit card is more of a backup than anything else, but you can use any credit card for PayPal (that's what I have as a backup).

•••
My only comment in this thread will be that the true colors of both parties involved have been displayed here, and it's crystal clear to me who is incredibly misguided. Had to get that off my chest. (NO PM's please regarding this. They will not be responded to).

•••
TTHosting said:
Also since I don't need the domain at all.. Here is what I am going to do.. Buy it.. give it to the namepros staff.. and they can use it as a prize in some sort of contest.. that might be cool.. perhaps a design contest.. for some new feature.. I like the site here.. It doesn't overcharge it's members when it clearly could.. all the other ones do.. I don't mind giving back. I don't know I am 30 years old.. Been a Linux admin for what seems like since the dinosaurs roamed... -RJ- has a good thing going here.

I applied for a paypal visa but havent gotten a reply back yet

Here's another good idea.. I'm going to place a few of my domains for sale in the auction area... if anyone wants any of them.. Ill take paypal.. then I can pay this guy sooner.

Nice way of bribing the staff, IMO :/
I do not agree with you, I know how pissed I get when I can't sell a domain because someone is holding it off. Vicious, good for you that you're so patient, I wouldn't give as much time to anyone, even as respectable as -RJ- or anyone I have ever left a positive feedback for, as you did. TT, you're busted on this one, IMO such a busy person as yourself can always take 20-30 minutes to go to a post office and mail a Money Order to whoever you owe money to.

Just my .02

•••
Hey .. You know something.. I had three people in the last week offer to buy domains of mine and change thier mind... I am not bent.. Just means the next guy gets a deal.

I'm not trying to bribe or do anything.. I'm simply not an asshole as construed.. I'm a decent guy.. So I guess you are entitled to think what you will?

*shrug*

•••
TTHosting said:
Hey .. You know something.. I had three people in the last week offer to buy domains of mine and change thier mind... I am not bent.. Just means the next guy gets a deal.

I'm not trying to bribe or do anything.. I'm simply not an asshole as construed.. I'm a decent guy.. So I guess you are entitled to think what you will?

*shrug*

One thing is change your mind the next day, and the other is to make some one wait a lot longer than what they expected, and then say "I won't buy it because you're a jacka$$, the domain's good though". Seller is not entitled to treat you like a king just to make a darn salem the buyer AND the seller are supposed to work on it together. Ain't that the first thing they teach people in a kindergarten, BE RESPECTFUL and APPRECIATE TEAMWORK ...?...

•••
makes sense.. good learning experience,, I can admit when I'm stubborn... Anyhows .. Yeah domains are listed and I will donate the one I'm buying.. And yeah since it's taken so long Then my apologies Vicious...

•••
It's not slander. Slander is spoken. A false statement made in writing that negatively affects someones reputation would be libel. Since you have failed to show any statement made by the OP to be untrue it's not libel either. In fact by you giving him a negative trader rating it is you who is guilty of libel.

•••
I was just a customer in the deal... interested in a domain.. I will purchase it.. save your hating on those that dont end up purchasing a domain when they offer it.. My guess is it must happen once in awhile. I also understand after some thought that it can be a pissoff .. therfor Im making the purchase .. Give me a break here for doing the right thing sheesh

I understandably was a little hotheaded to see my msn window full of threats of negative feedback when I had been out all day and forgotten i had to make the bank to pay this. I had a busy couple days.. In this respect it was my error.. Acknowledged

Last edited:
•••
Has this guy paid yet?

iNod

•••
as the original post was today and he said by MONDAY i guess not iNod

•••
don't worry I will be.. If i can flog a domain name or two prior to Monday I'll give it to him sooner..

•••
TTHosting, you have managed to get yourself on the list of the most unprofessional people I have ever seen.

You entered into a verbal deal and you didn't follow through and now you blame the seller.
You call the seller an "asshole" which for the life of me I can't understand why you have not been banned from this forum for your utter rudeness and arrogance.

You cry slander and you don't even know the meaning of it.

You claim to be so busy that you can't make a simple financial transfer in 17 DAYS?

All of this and you suggest someone take business ethics courses. That's rich. Do you even know the definition of ethics?

Stop trying to impress people with your "important" meeting and your "investors" and your "vested interests". When someone has to beg for $5 or doesn't have the financial ability to fund a Paypal account do you think we won't see through the BS?

This is a sad reminder of the type of people that the internet allows to call themselves business people.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back