Dynadot

Consolidated SuperSales - Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

At which of the Domain.com resellers do you have an account?

usernamex

Top Member
Impact
While recovering from the past weekend of scattered deals and in anticipation of the next SuperSale, I am weary of having several threads related to the SuperSales at Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster.

Since the promos often work at more than one reseller, I would love to have a single thread to watch and participate in, if you agree, hang out here and watch this thread!

All NPers are welcome to post coupons and promos here as long as they are Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster. That way we all have a better chance at awesome savings as soon as the promos are live!

The usernamex Guide to SuperSales

SuperSales are promotions done by the family of registrars under Domain.com, including MyDomain.com NetFirms.com Dotster.com

About every 10 days to two weeks, one or more of these registrars runs what I like to call SuperSales - with dot COM / NET domain registrations for bargain prices, $1.99 - $2.99 - $3.99. Sometimes the specials are good for multi-year registrations, sometimes only the first year is discounted.

The super fun part is they let you use coupons ON TOP of the promo, so there have been specials as low as $1.39, $1.59 is more common, and $1.99 is still great any time!

If you are new, the best choice is usually MyDomain, since their renewals are second best (to Domain) and I have not seen the $1.99 special ever offered at Domain direct

A great way to get an account set up is NOT during the frenzy of the SuperSales, and a trick you can use without having to contact support is to buy the easiest to type/remember cheapest domain you can, like whatever ngTLD is on sale for $1.99, that will be your username. You can drop the domain after a year and your account will be fine. Otherwise get on chat and they can set you up ahead of time without having to make a purchase.

To make it easy for everyone, if you can BOLD any coupon codes, that would be super, and if you tested coupons successfully, please mention the reseller where you tested.

Shameless Plug - Support usernamex with these affiliate links:
https://www.mydomain.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839948
https://www.netfirms.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839949

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When you read all the threads about these registrars, you can see that they are far from perfect. At the end of the day you have to decide what is your priority, registration price, or your registrars functionality.

We are all different and what bothers you, doesn't necessarily bothers someone else. If you keep using these registrars I advise you to find few threads about them and to read there, not only ask here.

•••
Have you done this yourself?
Yep. Pushed domains registered with mommy and all kids: Domain.com, Dotster, MyDomains, NetFirms. Had an issue at one of them once, when support insisted I need to verify (i.e. provide security Q&A) for both accounts. So I set up a "handover" account and pushed the domain there and then gave access to the buyer so he could do another push onwards, to his account.

If you delete a domain from your account isn't there a risk you will lose the domain forever?
How would you prove you own a domain that is no longer in your account?
The domain WHOIS data remains unchanged throughout. You specify the target account and only that account holder can accept the domain.

What if something goes wrong?
Contact support and they'll correct the error.

Last edited:
•••
I advise you to find few threads about them and to read there, not only ask here.

All the past threads seem to talk about using the link to push a domain.

They recently removed the link - I can't imagine why.

The knowledge base does not give good info either.

As I said before I called and spoke to a customer service rep.

When I asked him how do I push a domain he did not know the answer!!

I was transferred to someone else in customer service and waited an hour and was disconnected.

When I try to call I am put on hold forever.

I figured someone here at NP might have some experience with this and have some answers.

•••
The domain WHOIS data remains unchanged throughout. You specify the target account and only that account holder can accept the domain.

Have you pushed a domain at Dotster since they removed the link to push a domain?

How do you specify a target account if there is no way to do it in the account?

•••
•••
•••
I wonder if it would be easier and safer to create a new account and have the domain(s) pushed to the new account and then give the login info to the new buyer.

Has anyone tried this.

What do you think?

•••
I have always used chat and not phone, because then you have a record of everything that was said. You can ask anytime in chat to be bumped up to a supervisor. Personally, I like the added security.

I wonder if it would be easier and safer to create a new account and have the domain(s) pushed to the new account and then give the login info to the new buyer. Has anyone tried this. What do you think?

Read second post on top of this page

So I set up a "handover" account and pushed the domain there and then gave access to the buyer so he could do another push onwards, to his account..

Last edited:
•••
I wonder if it would be easier and safer to create a new account and have the domain(s) pushed to the new account and then give the login info to the new buyer.

Has anyone tried this.

What do you think?

You have that option available when dealing with your buyers / end users for domains registered anywhere. I'm personally against that since if something goes wrong buyer could be suspicious...

•••
And about transfer out: So far this year I sold 8 domains at Afternic, which are registered at one of these registrars. As you know, all of them are part of Afternic's Premium Network. Every deal went so smooth and without my involvement. Also, I sold one domain at BrandBucket, which was registered at Domain.com.

Not a single issue during these transfer outs.

•••
And about transfer out: So far this year I sold 8 domains at Afternic, which are registered at one of these registrars. As you know, all of them are part of Afternic's Premium Network. Every deal went so smooth and without my involvement. Also, I sold one domain at BrandBucket, which was registered at Domain.com.

Not a single issue during these transfer outs.

I saw that Afternic was a partner with Dotster, and I was wondering about that - thanks

•••
I have been using landing pages for all my domains for years and only recently started with Afternic.

How does it work if Afternic sells a domain that is still within the 60 day lock period.

How do they handle that?

•••
I have been using landing pages for all my domains for years and only recently started with Afternic.

How does it work if Afternic sells a domain that is still within the 60 day lock period.

How do they handle that?

I just hat that case once. They collected the money from the buyer and then we all waited these 60 days and I got paid right after the domain transferred to the buyer's registrar.

I'm not sure if they try to convince the buyer to do domain push, though.

•••
I just hat that case once. They collected the money from the buyer and then we all waited these 60 days and I got paid right after the domain transferred to the buyer's registrar.

I'm not sure if they try to convince the buyer to do domain push, though.

Was it at Dotster?

•••
•••
I saw that Afternic was a partner with Dotster, and I was wondering about that - thanks
Afternic told me that Dotster is no longer part of the fast transfer network, even though yes it is listed on their Web site as such.

•••
Afternic told me that Dotster is no longer part of the fast transfer network, even though yes it is listed on their Web site as such.

@thedotsol Was your sale at Afternic from Dotster a recent one, and was it fast transfer.

•••
Yes, my last two sales from November were domains registered at Dotster. All with fast transfers as always. And I have one more in Afternic's escrow currently that is registered at Netfirms. Obviously it is fast transfer too, since no my involvement.

•••

Strange, when they have told you that?

•••
Yes, my last two sales from November were domains registered at Dotster. All with fast transfers as always. And I have one more in Afternic's escrow currently that is registered at Netfirms. Obviously it is fast transfer too, since no my involvement.

So I guess they are still a part of the Afternic network then.

•••
Yesterday, during the last promo, I've registered about 20 more across these registrars and when I added them to Afternic's listings later, I received an opt-in emails for Fast Transfer for all of them.

•••
Yesterday, during the last promo, I've registered about 20 more across these registrars and when I added them to Afternic's listings later, I received an opt-in emails for Fast Transfer for all of them.

Do you list at Afternic with a BIN or make offer.

•••
Why do you use the other sister companies?

Aren't they all part of the same company and connected?

Why do you register with all.

Doesn't that just give you more work managing your domains?

•••
Yesterday, during the last promo, I've registered about 20 more across these registrars and when I added them to Afternic's listings later, I received an opt-in emails for Fast Transfer for all of the

Do you find one of these related co's to be better than the others.

•••
Why do you use the other sister companies?

Aren't they all part of the same company and connected?

Why do you register with all.

Doesn't that just give you more work managing your domains?

Yes, but as I've reached a limit with some promo coupons, in order to keep using them, I had to use other registrars as well. I even see some domainers have many different accounts at single registrars, just because of these coupons.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back