NameSilo

Consolidated SuperSales - Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster

Spaceship
Watch

At which of the Domain.com resellers do you have an account?

usernamex

Top Member
Impact
While recovering from the past weekend of scattered deals and in anticipation of the next SuperSale, I am weary of having several threads related to the SuperSales at Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster.

Since the promos often work at more than one reseller, I would love to have a single thread to watch and participate in, if you agree, hang out here and watch this thread!

All NPers are welcome to post coupons and promos here as long as they are Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster. That way we all have a better chance at awesome savings as soon as the promos are live!

The usernamex Guide to SuperSales

SuperSales are promotions done by the family of registrars under Domain.com, including MyDomain.com NetFirms.com Dotster.com

About every 10 days to two weeks, one or more of these registrars runs what I like to call SuperSales - with dot COM / NET domain registrations for bargain prices, $1.99 - $2.99 - $3.99. Sometimes the specials are good for multi-year registrations, sometimes only the first year is discounted.

The super fun part is they let you use coupons ON TOP of the promo, so there have been specials as low as $1.39, $1.59 is more common, and $1.99 is still great any time!

If you are new, the best choice is usually MyDomain, since their renewals are second best (to Domain) and I have not seen the $1.99 special ever offered at Domain direct

A great way to get an account set up is NOT during the frenzy of the SuperSales, and a trick you can use without having to contact support is to buy the easiest to type/remember cheapest domain you can, like whatever ngTLD is on sale for $1.99, that will be your username. You can drop the domain after a year and your account will be fine. Otherwise get on chat and they can set you up ahead of time without having to make a purchase.

To make it easy for everyone, if you can BOLD any coupon codes, that would be super, and if you tested coupons successfully, please mention the reseller where you tested.

Shameless Plug - Support usernamex with these affiliate links:
https://www.mydomain.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839948
https://www.netfirms.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839949

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Friendly Reminder!

The DomFam is now participating in Expired Domain Auctions and the terms have stated you can lose your EXPIRED domain AS EARLY AS 30 DAYS after expiry
https://www.domain.com/help/article/domain-registration-the-life-cycle-of-a-domain

Renew on time - you'll be fine!

The knowledge base has been CLEARLY updated including the new graphic below

eig-domfam-life-cycle-new.jpeg

If your domain is not sold to a third party and you end up in Redemption, the fee can be UP TO $160, however some have shared the fee is $100.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Huge Collection of Helpful Hints - click to expand

Helpful Hints
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Easy as Pie DomFam PUSH method - Domain/MyDomain/NetFirms/Dotster

TL:DR version
1] SELLER changes whois to Buyers whois contact info in Sellers control panel, can be done for single domain or in bulk.
2] BUYER verifies whois change by email. Seller not required to do any whois verification.
3] SELLER gets on chat and requests names be removed from sellers account, wait for chat to confirm removed.
4] BUYER uses "Add Existing" to add the name to their control panel, refresh Domain Central, name is pushed.

This method only requires SELLER to know their own security answer to provide to chat in step 3 AND does NOT require the buyer to have to update whois after the push is completed.

IMPORTANT EDIT: Be sure to OPT-OUT of the 60 Day Change Of Owner Lock when changing to the BUYERS contact info. It's a checkbox that is OPT-OUT by default, just be sure not to uncheck it!

1MoTCmY.png

AUTO Renew after push

I noticed when I have pushed with or without transfer/renewal that the domain is changed to AUTO renew, even if I had it set to MANUAL before push.

So be sure to change it back to MANUAL after it is moved, if of course you want it manual. If I am doing a bunch, I wait until they are all done then do it with the BULK function.

PS This is an important reminder if you sell a domain, you can let the buyer know also so they are not caught off-guard either.

Ghost Record after transfer away from DomFam

Also, when I have done transfers AWAY from DomFam, I almost always have a Ghost Record left in the Control Panel. To save time so I don't have to sit and wait for chat, I solve this with a ticket

>>>>>
Subject: domains transferred out - still showing in control panel

Please remove the following domains from my AppleAccount account -
they were transferred to another registrar but are still showing in my control panel.

******.com
******.com

Thanks and have a super day : smile :
<<<<<

They fix it in less than a day, sometimes within minutes. There isn't any harm really with a Ghost Record, it's just annoying and can trigger renewal reminder emails if its close to the false expiry

They will cancel privacy renewal on request, I sent a ticket and they cancelled it within an hour. Lately, I have been sending tickets instead of getting on chat, especially for things that are not super urgent, it saves a bunch of time and they have handled them all pretty fast.

Login to your account first, then replace with the sibling you need
https://www.netfirms.com/controlpanel/sconsole/new_ticket.bml
>>>>>
Subject: Please CANCEL privacy for domain xxxxxx.com

Please CANCEL privacy for domain xxxxxx.com, it is scheduled to be billed on 6/22/2017

PAYMENT NO.: xxxxxxxxx
ITEM: Domain Privacy
AMOUNT DUE: 12.99
DATE DUE: 6/22/2017

Thank you and have a super day : smile :
<<<<<

There was a phone number also in the email, I have not ever called any of them
You may cancel at any time by calling customer support at 866-317-4678.

PS I had already DISABLED privacy for the domain, if that makes any difference, Enable/Disable and privacy renewal are two separate things though.

Reposting this Helpful Hint of the Day:

To add further protection from unwanted charges, I have a placeholder credit card at all the domfam - Domain/MyDomain/NetFirms/Dotster. My card on file is a $5 balance gift card, so when I make a purchase I enter another card. THEN after I am done making purchases, the new card is on file and I change it back to the placeholder card. It does NOT allow you to leave no funding source. And I'm sure I used paypal in the past and I have that removed as well.
https://www.mydomain.com/secureControl/EditCCInfo.bml?ref=cpdropdown

PS These links work if you replace domain / netfirms / dotster for mydomain

ALSO - a few members have successfully left ONLY their paypal info on file with the understanding that paypal is easy to dispute and almost always finds in favor of the buyer, in case of unwanted charges. Personally, I like my placeholder method to avoid the hassle of dealing with payPal, if you can obtain a gift card that can be used like this.

Transfer prices verified 7 June 2017 at MyDomain
COM ORG BIZ INFO US - $8.29
NET - $9.25 ME - $9.99 CO - $29.99 IO - $49.99 TV - $29.99
(these are extensions I get asked about most often, and this is before coupons)

Was able to test adding fake domain transfers to cart one at a time by using the back button, then testing coupon, all while NOT logged in.

ss-np-myd-transfer-prices-25percent-06-07-2017.png

COM ORG INFO BIZ US [all still $8.29] ME 9.99 NET 9.25 CO 29.99 TV 29.99 IO 49.99

Even though the transfer between siblings is now available, I still stick to Domain and MyDomain over NetFirms and especially Dotster, just in case I have some forgotten emergency renewal that can't be transferred.

The original basis for this logic was based on the RENEWAL prices for dot COM

Here's the TRANSFER pricing I get when actually adding to cart at Domain.com
ss-np-domain-dot-com-transfer-prices-06-11-20171.png

Personally, 25% coupons I consider good and they are offered often enough that you can expect them a couple times a month.

There have been rare better than 25% coupons, if you have lots of time ahead of expiration and have the funding to take advantage of a better coupon when it is offered go for it! Just move fast because the 30-35% coupons have been one day only and only appear *maybe* 2-4 times per year

25% transfer prices based on Domain and MyDomain
$6.22 for COM ORG BIZ INFO US and $6.94 for NET

Last edited:
•••
My guess is with @kaposzta - if you look back to the last $3.99 promo, there was a very short $5.99 promo a few days prior, as if they were live testing before the big promo. Also, it has been the pattern that all promos overlap with a coupon. Everyone can check for promo codes daily, they post promo codes at 13:00 UTC SHARP if they are going to post, I check on facebook rather than wait for promo emails - https://www.facebook.com/mydomain

$5.99 promo April 21 lasted less than 6 hours https://www.namepros.com/posts/6110509/ Then there was a $3.99 promo on Apr 24, 2017 that also worked for transfers at NetFirms only and the promo lasted less than a day. That day (Apr 24th) there was also a new coupon that worked on top of the promo

Now I am collecting all my Auth Codes in a spreadsheet to be ready in case this will actually happen in the next few days. Especially for dot NET since they weren't working at NetFirms for some reason last time.

Maybe (hopefully) this will happen - Magic Conch - Please bring us another transfer Promo! : grin :

•••
If you are new and want to learn all the tips and tricks here are the main existing threads for each of the resellers:

Kudos to @luantt
Dotster - Register .COM Domain Name only $2.39
https://www.namepros.com/threads/dotster-register-com-domain-name-only-2-39.941537/

Thank You @thekiller
Netfirms.com $1.99 .COMs. 2 year registration for $5.98
https://www.namepros.com/threads/netfirms-com-1-99-coms-2-year-registration-for-5-98.944469/

Great Job @UXela
domain.com - $1.99 for .COM, $0.99 for .NET
https://www.namepros.com/threads/domain-com-1-99-for-com-0-99-for-net.880689/

Best Regards @tady_bear
Dotster $1.99 .com Sale
https://www.namepros.com/threads/dotster-1-99-com-sale.951012/

•••
anyone here with domain.com or dotster or netfirms been longer with them than 1 year and had any of their domains expire there yet? can you post the deadlines and grace periods they allow to transfer out expired domain without renewal.. and to push domain to another member without renewal... I know it varies from registrar to registrar.. godaddy round 40 days.. namecheap around 30... but essentily all registrars have legal obligation to let client transfer out domain after ezpiry up to X grace period days.

can u get auth code after expiry or u gotta make sure to do it before they expire???

p.s. anyone here knows of older coupons still working or we're just down the the last limited time one 15% til feb12?
tnx

I would like to know this info too, as a recently new user of these companies.

Grace period is 25 days.

I have initiated transfer at receiving registrar in 24th day of the grace period.

There was no "expedite transfer option", but I got my domains transferred to new registrar with in a week. (30th or 31st day after expiry)

Hope this helps!

•••
FLASH PROMO! $3.99 showing at MyDomain

off to test
GO GO GO!

not sure if works for transfers!

Recent coupons GROWTH and GARDEN both 20% off

Use with coupon fo $3.19 COM NET - likely NEW Registrations ONLY

6NCIhQL.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
25% happy2018
expire 4th jan

works transfer 6.22$
netfirms tested only

bulk transfer still not working

but I no longer get accnt suspension after paying. since they fixed it without my asking, perhps they fixed that for all.

cheers
happy new year

Last edited:
•••
Read from the bottom up:

Subject: Re: Afternic Contact Us [ ref:_00DG0i0kS._50016twz0D:ref ]

Date: December 2, 2016 at 12:43 PM

To:

Dear Ken,

Thank you for contacting Afternic Support. The registrars Dotster, Netfirms, and Mydomain.com are not Premium Network Partners at this

time. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Lisa

Afternic Support

--------------- Original Message ---------------

Sent: 11/14/2016 12:51 PM

To: [email protected]

Subject: Re: Afternic Contact Us [ ]

Thank you.

Apparently Public Domain Registry Limited is the registrar for Whois.com. So Whois.com is actually part of your fast transfer network.

To be clear, you include Domain.com in the Premium Partners. Does that inclusion carry over to Domain.com s sister registrars, like Dotster,

Netfirms, and Mydomain.com?

thanks,

On Nov 14, 2016, at 9:42 AM, Afternic-Service <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Ken,

Our list of Premium partners includes GoDaddy, Network Solutions, WildWestDomains, Register.com, Register.com plus, Name.com, Hover,

eNom, Enom Central, Aplus.net, Domain Discover, Tierranet, EuroDNS, Bulk Register, Tucows, Dynadot, Domain.com, Regtons, Heart

Internet, Domainbox, 123.reg.co.uk, BigRock, RDR, DirectI, Logicboxes Naming Services, Public Domain Registry Limited, and

DomainMonster.com.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Lisa

Afternic Support

Sent: 11/12/2016 12:57 AM

Can you provide me with the full, up-to-date list of Fast-Transfer registrars?

I saw this, below, but it doesn t include Godaddy and a few other registrars that I believe are included:

Making your domain a fast-transfer domain gives you the highest level of exposure--75 million+ potential buyers each month at the

highest average sales prices. Fast-transfer domains must have a buy now price and be registered through Network Solutions,

Tucows, Register.com, Name.com, eNom, eNomCentral, EuroDNS, Moniker, DynaDot, TerraNet, DomainDiscover, MeshDigital,

Gransy, Regtons, 123 Reg, DomainBox, or BulkRegister.

---

On Nov 1, 2016, at 1:24 PM, Afternic-Service <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Ken,

Thank you for contacting Afternic support. Yes, sorry for the confusion, there are a couple of Registrars who were part of the program

previously that have not yet been removed entirely from the website.

Please reach out to us if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Kyle H

Afternic Support

Sent: 11/1/2016 2:04 PM

Did you know that Dotster is listed on your web site as one of your fast transfer registrars?

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 1, 2016, at 12:29 PM, Afternic-Service <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Ken,

Thank you for contacting Afternic support. Unfortunately, at this time, neither whois.com or Dotster.com are Fast-Transfer registrars

capable of opting in domains.

Please reach out to us if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Kyle H

Afternic Support

Sent: 11/1/2016 2:21 AM

Also, can you tell me is Whois.com a member of the fast transfer registrar network?

thanks,

---

On Nov 1, 2016, at 1:04 AM, Ken wrote:

Can you confirm for me that Dotster is a member of the fast transfer registrar network? I am thinking of transferring some of my

domains there and want to be sure.

thanks,

---

Hey I just wanted to let you know that I sold a Dotster name via Afternic Premium (Fast Transfer) just last week. I don't know why the Afternic representative said that Dotster is not a Premium partner. The name was transferred to the buyer immediately, which is a unique feature of Premium listings.

•••
Renewals are the reason why I suggest using Domain and MyDomain if specials are offered there, not so much for NF and Dotster

Sibling.............Renewal Price......20%............25%...........30%..........35%
Domain.com..........$11.49..........$9.19..........$8.62..........$8.04..........$7.47
MyDomain.com.....$11.99..........$9.59..........$8.99..........$8.39..........$7.79
NetFirms.com........$13.49..........$10.79.......$10.12........$9.44..........$8.77
Dotster.com...........$17.49..........$13.99.......$13.12........$12.24........$11.37

Will make prettier chart later

•••
New coupon MESALE 18%
*LIMITED TIME OFFER. MESALE coupon and offers end March 25, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. MESALE coupon is good for 18% off new domain names with no minimum purchase.

Tested working TRANSFERS MyDomain
COM NET ORG BIZ INFO US - $6.80 with code MESALE
all other extensions 18% off

@anantj @DKN - decent transfer coupon for ya, not super deal but OK and better than nothing

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Yeah I think they do sign you up for hosting. I noticed it randomly one day in my account. I never ordered or paid for it but it said it would be auto-renewed at whatever cost. I disabled it, hopefully.

IF YOU HAVE A DOTSTER ACCOUNT READ THIS

Do not!!!!! set your Dotster hosting to not renew!!!!!!!!!!

I just signed up with Dotster yesterday when I got some domains with the 1.99 deal.

It is confusing because I did not sign up for hosting but I saw details for a hosting account anyway.

Under account renewals it asked me to select whether I wanted to renew the hosting when it expired.

Well I did not sign up for hosting so I set the hosting to not auto renew.

Apparently they give you a small amount of free hosting when you buy a domain.

It said something about canceling other products also if you canceled the free hosting.

So I called customer service to check and make sure.

They told me it was good that I called because when my hosting expired I would also lose my domains as well.

They fixed my account to downgrade to parking only instead of the canceled hosting I picked.

So -
Do not set your free Dotster hosting to not renew!!!!!!!!!!

Instead just downgrade it to parking or when your hosting ends you will lose your domains!!!!!!!!!

Just a heads up for my fellow domainers.

•••
LIT code 18%
*LIMITED TIME OFFER. LIT coupon and offers end March 8, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. LIT coupon is good for 18% off new domain names with no minimum purchase.

Better than no coupon at all : smile :

Tested working NEW regs MyDomain
Coupon Applied: LIT: Save 18% on new domain names (exclusions apply).

Does NOT appear to work on transfers - tried at MyDomain
If anyone else tests transfers and or renewals kindly post sibling and results thx

Last edited:
•••
Just a couple of housekeeping notes:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AUTO Renew after push

I noticed when I have pushed with or without transfer/renewal that the domain is changed to AUTO renew, even if I had it set to MANUAL before push.

So be sure to change it back to MANUAL after it is moved, if of course you want it manual. If I am doing a bunch, I wait until they are all done then do it with the BULK function.

PS This is an important reminder if you sell a domain, you can let the buyer know also so they are not caught off-guard either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ghost Record after transfer away from DomFam

Also, when I have done transfers AWAY from DomFam, I almost always have a Ghost Record left in the Control Panel. To save time so I don't have to sit and wait for chat, I solve this with a ticket

>>>>>
Subject: domains transferred out - still showing in control panel

Please remove the following domains from my AppleAccount account -
they were transferred to another registrar but are still showing in my control panel.

******.com
******.com

Thanks and have a super day : smile :
<<<<<

They fix in in about a day. There isn't any harm really with a Ghost Record, it's just annoying and can trigger renewal reminder emails if its close to the false expiry

I am curious now if I were to try and renew a Ghost Record if the system would catch it and fix itself after refresh

Last edited:
•••
Random Coupon - EXTRA25: Save 25% on your entire order (exclusions apply). Unknown Expiration.
Sometimes I disable Ad Block and forget it's off, and a coupon for Domain.com popped up - likely it is an evergreen coupon, which *should* work up to the $300 maximum, so use it wisely!

Did NOT work for Transfers at Domain.com, tested working on new regs at Domain.com, not that great. Although with no sales currently anywhere else $7.49 is better than full price. If anyone tests at the siblings, report if it works and on what.

Waiting Impatiently for the next good coupon and even better, another SuperSale!

•••
MyDomain, Dotster and Netfirms are all offering .COM and .NET for only $5.99/1st year
Unlimited domains, price for 1st year. Plus with 18% off code 18cool .COM/.NET are at $4.91/year only.

Transfer available at Netfirms but price will be at $5.99, 18cool not working at this provider

•••
@kaposzta - silly goose, don't renew, transfer between siblings with the discount : wink : That's why the 25% coupons are decent - makes it $6.22 for COM, or the rare bigger coupons 30% which seems to have been the maximum for the past year or so. Even better if you catch the flash sale at NetFirms, yet that is a fluke, only happened once since the promos slowed down.

Here's how: https://www.namepros.com/posts/6116504/

•••
New code (07/06/2017)
LEGEND gets you 50% off if you purchase a .COM domain with Privacy protection
Netfirms: $10 for the Domain and Privacy
Can't check on Domain.com as I have credits....

Also noticed a weird (But good) behavior: The coupon code works only for domain registration as well so you can get a domain at $5 with the code :D...

EDIT: Works for TRANSFERS as well

Last edited:
•••
TRANSFERS are working at NetFirms only - price is $5 after coupon LEGEND. It's their same old transfer glitch that we love. dot COM ONLY

ss-np-netfirms-5dollar-transfer-07-06-2017.png

Last edited:
•••
New Coupon - meh only 15% no transfers

BLOG coupon and offers end July 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. BLOG coupon is good for 15% off new products and services with no minimum purchase.

coupon not working for transfers tested only at MyDomain

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back