IT.COM

Consolidated SuperSales - Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

At which of the Domain.com resellers do you have an account?

usernamex

Top Member
Impact
While recovering from the past weekend of scattered deals and in anticipation of the next SuperSale, I am weary of having several threads related to the SuperSales at Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster.

Since the promos often work at more than one reseller, I would love to have a single thread to watch and participate in, if you agree, hang out here and watch this thread!

All NPers are welcome to post coupons and promos here as long as they are Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster. That way we all have a better chance at awesome savings as soon as the promos are live!

The usernamex Guide to SuperSales

SuperSales are promotions done by the family of registrars under Domain.com, including MyDomain.com NetFirms.com Dotster.com

About every 10 days to two weeks, one or more of these registrars runs what I like to call SuperSales - with dot COM / NET domain registrations for bargain prices, $1.99 - $2.99 - $3.99. Sometimes the specials are good for multi-year registrations, sometimes only the first year is discounted.

The super fun part is they let you use coupons ON TOP of the promo, so there have been specials as low as $1.39, $1.59 is more common, and $1.99 is still great any time!

If you are new, the best choice is usually MyDomain, since their renewals are second best (to Domain) and I have not seen the $1.99 special ever offered at Domain direct

A great way to get an account set up is NOT during the frenzy of the SuperSales, and a trick you can use without having to contact support is to buy the easiest to type/remember cheapest domain you can, like whatever ngTLD is on sale for $1.99, that will be your username. You can drop the domain after a year and your account will be fine. Otherwise get on chat and they can set you up ahead of time without having to make a purchase.

To make it easy for everyone, if you can BOLD any coupon codes, that would be super, and if you tested coupons successfully, please mention the reseller where you tested.

Shameless Plug - Support usernamex with these affiliate links:
https://www.mydomain.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839948
https://www.netfirms.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839949

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can see the list below, maybe some codes will still good for you. Just try them all.
b3b52e62b96f41ebadc221fc8c08b09a.png

Good luck to you,

•••
How disable hosting in mydomain ?

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I buy domain .net yesterday. Can I lose domain or lose money (buy hosting) ?

•••
Account -> Account Renewal -> Downgrade to Domain Parking Account ?

I change "Downgrade to Domain Parking Account". Next question - can I buy and sell domains in mydomain/domain/netfirms/dotster ? I buy only one domain for my website, 99% domains I must sell. They have easy push ? In my account I input use domain name and password, it is not good.

•••
Worked codes at Domain. com on December 2016

HOST35 - 35% off ALL New Web Hosting Plans
30SAVE - Spend $30, Save 15%

Good luck to you,

•••
New Code HACKDAY 18% offer ends December 4, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific

*LIMITED TIME OFFER. HACKDAY coupon and offer ends December 4, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. HACKDAY coupon is good for 18% off all new products and services with no minimum purchase required. Maximum savings with the discount is $300. All renewals on products and services after the initial discounted period will be charged at the then current standard list price for the selected period. Coupon is not valid with sunrise registrations, landrush registrations, EAP registrations, pre-registrations, premium registrations, renewals, transfers, custom website design, other coupons, or special pricing.

1612-2016x12b-myd_hero.png

Tested working at MyDomain
Coupon Applied: HACKDAY: Save 18% on your entire order (exclusions apply).
https://www.mydomain.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839948

Last edited:
•••
I change "Downgrade to Domain Parking Account". Next question - can I buy and sell domains in mydomain/domain/netfirms/dotster ? I buy only one domain for my website, 99% domains I must sell. They have easy push ? In my account I input use domain name and password, it is not good.
I think you are good as long as you made the parking change. I'm not sure about push. I have not pushed anything yet.

•••
@Avtar629 I hope you are reading this thread and made the Parking change mentioned.

•••
•••
You can see the list below, maybe some codes will still good for you. Just try them all.
b3b52e62b96f41ebadc221fc8c08b09a.png

Good luck to you,

Ok same question what website is that a screenshot of friend?

•••
@Avtar629 I hope you are reading this thread and made the Parking change mentioned.

Oh crap! Thanks bro! Much appreciated. Will handle it in a bit

•••
I'm not sure about push. I have not pushed anything yet.

I spoke to customer service at Dotster last night to find out how to push a domain and was surprised to hear that he did not know how to do a push.

What!.... Really!.... Are you kidding me?

He transferred me to the tech department to find out.

I was on hold for over 1 hour listening to the hold music.

Then I was disconnected!

DISCONNECTED!

I am a new Dotster customer because I tried the last $1.99 domain sale.

Now I am regretting it !!!!!!!!!!

I am wondering how I will push a domain to a buyer before the 60 lock is over.

I can't find out how

I can't get an answer from Dotster about this.

I guess nobody can because nobody here at NP seems to know either.

•••
There's plenty of help concerning your problem on here friend just do a search here for keywords.

•••
There's plenty of help concerning your problem on here friend just do a search here for keywords.

I did.

It seems they removed the PUSH link from the interface recently.

So all the posts about this tell you to use the link.

There is no link now.

There is no further info about this at NP and no updated info at the Dotster help pages.

I cannot get through to someone a Dotster who knows, and no NP member so far has posted a good

answer about this so far.

I think any NP member who has domains at Dotster should be very concerned.

I am!

Last edited:
•••
I did.

It seems they removed the PUSH link from the interface recently.

So all the posts about this tell you to use the link.

There is no link now.

There is no further info about this at NP and no updated info at the Dotster help pages.

I cannot get through to someone a Dotster who knows, and no NP member so far has posted a good

answer about this so far.

I think any NP member who has domains at Dotster should be very concerned.

I am!

It was discussed many times. Very easy process, you have to go to live chat, ask them to remove the name from your account, and new owner can add the name to his account.

You are not deleting your domain from the registry, so little chance for any mess.

•••
It is possible even to push the domain between these sisters companies. Sometimes things can go wrong way, but they fix them at the end. So I wouldn't experiment with these registrars much. I had many transfers out and many pushes this way, only got one problem so far.

I'm sure other registrars are not perfect either.

•••
It was discussed many times. Very easy process, you have to go to live chat, ask them to remove the name from your account, and new owner can add the name to his account.

You are not deleting your domain from the registry, so little chance for any mess.

Have you done this yourself?

Someone else talked about this before, but it sounds weird and risky.

If you delete a domain from your account isn't there a risk you will lose the domain forever?

How would you prove you own a domain that is no longer in your account?

What if something goes wrong?

If someone can just add your domain to their account how is that done in a safe way?

•••
I'm sure other registrars are not perfect either.

Most other registrars have a way to do the push inside your account.

This is missing from the Dotster interface.

•••
Very easy process, you have to go to live chat

I hope live chat is better than calling.

I tried calling and they did not know how to do a push!

Unbelievable!

•••
Have you done this yourself?

Someone else talked about this before, but it sounds weird and risky.

If you delete a domain from your account isn't there a risk you will lose the domain forever?

How would you prove you own a domain that is no longer in your account?

What if something goes wrong?

If someone can just add your domain to their account how is that done in a safe way?

Man, you are panicking here too much. Yes, we could have and of the world just now....
You have a record at their website for every domain you've registered. So, that is one proof. Another could be your chat script, which could be printed... And they claim you can reverse the process if anything goes out of control.

If you are so paranoid, you have Name.com, Namesilo.... LOL I had some horrible cases with one of the most popular registrars, so can't blame these companies if they're not perfect.

Last edited:
•••
Most other registrars have a way to do the push inside your account.

This is missing from the Dotster interface.

So what, just accept Dotster has the same function, but you have to do it on a different way.

•••
If you are so paranoid, you have Name.com, Namesilo.... LOL I had some horrible cases with one of the most popular registrars, so can't blame these companies if they're not perfect. registrations.

I passed on the $1.99 deals from Dotster and the sister co's many, many times because I only use registrars with a good rep.

I finally decided to try the past Dotster $1.99 sale a few days ago.

I never had a problem with any other registrar before.

I've never seen a registrar interface without a way to push a domain from inside your account.

And I have accounts at many other registrars for years.

Just seems strange and suspicious to me.

Why should we have to go through so much trouble just to push a domain?

Why did they remove the link to push a domain?

•••
So what, just accept Dotster has the same function, but you have to do it on a different way.

Thats just it, I can't seem to get an answer about the process from anywhere.

I want to be sure now so I don't run into a problem later when I sell a domain and have to push it.

You can understand that, right.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back