IT.COM

Consolidated SuperSales - Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

At which of the Domain.com resellers do you have an account?

usernamex

Top Member
Impact
While recovering from the past weekend of scattered deals and in anticipation of the next SuperSale, I am weary of having several threads related to the SuperSales at Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster.

Since the promos often work at more than one reseller, I would love to have a single thread to watch and participate in, if you agree, hang out here and watch this thread!

All NPers are welcome to post coupons and promos here as long as they are Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster. That way we all have a better chance at awesome savings as soon as the promos are live!

The usernamex Guide to SuperSales

SuperSales are promotions done by the family of registrars under Domain.com, including MyDomain.com NetFirms.com Dotster.com

About every 10 days to two weeks, one or more of these registrars runs what I like to call SuperSales - with dot COM / NET domain registrations for bargain prices, $1.99 - $2.99 - $3.99. Sometimes the specials are good for multi-year registrations, sometimes only the first year is discounted.

The super fun part is they let you use coupons ON TOP of the promo, so there have been specials as low as $1.39, $1.59 is more common, and $1.99 is still great any time!

If you are new, the best choice is usually MyDomain, since their renewals are second best (to Domain) and I have not seen the $1.99 special ever offered at Domain direct

A great way to get an account set up is NOT during the frenzy of the SuperSales, and a trick you can use without having to contact support is to buy the easiest to type/remember cheapest domain you can, like whatever ngTLD is on sale for $1.99, that will be your username. You can drop the domain after a year and your account will be fine. Otherwise get on chat and they can set you up ahead of time without having to make a purchase.

To make it easy for everyone, if you can BOLD any coupon codes, that would be super, and if you tested coupons successfully, please mention the reseller where you tested.

Shameless Plug - Support usernamex with these affiliate links:
https://www.mydomain.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839948
https://www.netfirms.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839949

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well if you use today's coupon, COM/NET is $7.99, which is still a decent deal OR you can get a throwaway dot club or dot website for $1.59, and who knows, maybe you could flip it for $2 and profit!

For me it was less hassle to just buy a name than futz with chat, although it has been reported here that people were able to get chat to open the account for them.

So I cannot just open an account on my own with them then, is that what you are saying?

•••
I have not done it personally without buying a domain, but others have reported that they have done it through chat

•••
So I cannot just open an account on my own with them then, is that what you are saying?

You can. Open up chat with their support and they'll provide the link to do so

•••
@Jim Holleran - It is just my opinion, I do not know if we will ever see the $2 transfers again, sorry. The last time they did it was around two months ago now. It is also my best guess that the best deal we will see anytime soon is likely 30-35% around New Years, so gather all your Auth Codes and be ready - under $6 is still a great transfer price.

PSA @alcy has a thread dedicated to Transfers Only here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/8-...scounts-for-com-transfer-renewal-only.985708/

I think it was a glitch actually. I had to call Netfirms management and they had no idea they had transfers at $1.99, either did the chat people, but they did, and lot's of people took advantage of it.

•••

Sign up for an affiliate account, than downgrade to a parking account. No purchase necessary to set up an account, and it's instant.
Downgrade to Parking Account: Account > Account Renewal > Check 'Downgrade to Domain Parking Account' > Change Status.

•••
Sign up for an affiliate account, than downgrade to a parking account. No purchase necessary to set up an account, and it's instant.
Downgrade to Parking Account: Account > Account Renewal > Check 'Downgrade to Domain Parking Account' > Change Status.
Is this way still available?. Some years ago, I registered an account at domain. com with this way, however, they delete my account after some months after.

•••
What (and where) is the best deal now on new .com reg's? Other than Fasthosts (which is working great now btw) . Someone posted a $1.69 promo but I don't know where.

•••
@krx - This thread is domain-mydomain-netfirms-dotster deals and there is no current $1.99 promo running

Right now New COM are $7.99 with promo code GIFTME
and COM/NET/ORG/BIZ/INFO/US TRANSFERS are $6.63 with the same GIFTME code
https://www.mydomain.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839948

New 20% Coupon Code GIFTME coupon and offers end December 13, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific.

Also follow this thread for transfer updates
https://www.namepros.com/threads/8-...scounts-for-com-transfer-renewal-only.985708/

•••
Promo is NOT active as of this posting - announcing new coupon only : smile :

New 15% Coupon Code 15DEAL coupon and offers end December 15, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific.

1612-2016x12f-myd_hero.png

*LIMITED TIME OFFER. 15DEAL coupon ends December 15th, 2016, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. 15DEAL coupon is good for 15% off new domains with no minimum purchase. Maximum savings with the discount is $300. All renewals on products and services after the initial discounted period will be charged at the then current standard list price for the selected period. Coupon is not valid with sunrise registrations, landrush registrations, EAP registrations, pre-registrations, premium registrations, renewals, transfers, custom website design, other coupons, or special pricing.

•••
30% and I might consider trying them ... those last offers are not as interesting as what I've seen from them few months ago :(

•••
Damn... I just deleted my domain wish list with no way to get it back. CRAP!

•••
Damn... I just deleted my domain wish list with no way to get it back. CRAP!

If you are on a PC and you did not overwrite it try a recovery tool to retrieve it from the recycle bin.

•••
If you are on a PC and you did not overwrite it try a recovery tool to retrieve it from the recycle bin.
My phone. I use the memo. I tried to sync and it synced it... to nothing.

•••
My phone. I use the memo. I tried to sync and it synced it... to nothing.

Use paper and pencil. Much safer.

•••
My phone. I use the memo. I tried to sync and it synced it... to nothing

Try connecting to your phone with a PC or MAC and access the files directly.

It could still be there.

•••
New deal at Dotster, save 40% off on new web hosting plans with code: EARLYGIFT

Good luck to you,

•••
great thread just read the complete thread and well done to Cdomains for asking some pretty decent questions which will have helped newbies no end and those that replied to the qs

a lot of valuable insight in the posts that will save money and time during future sales

•••
Any .com transfer promo for under $7?

Thanks in advance!

•••
Last edited:
•••
There is .com transfer promo at Turhost $4.99+VAT only, but website in Turkish

turhost .com/domain.html

•••
•••
•••
Few pages back we had discussed if these registrars are part of Afternic's Fast Transfer program.

There has been some changes recently and Dotster (and probably Netfirms and MyDomain as well) is not part of it anymore. I have one domain (registered at Dotster) in Escrow currently, that was not handled through FT program.

Funny thing is that I had another sale few days ago of a domain registered with Netfirms which went through the Fast Transfer. So, I decided to look for some clarification from Afternic regarding their premium partners and here is the most up to date list of participating registrars:

GoDaddy, Wild West Domains, Network Solutions, Register.com, Name.com, eNom, Domain Discover, Tierranet, EuroDNS, Tucows, Dynadot, Public Domain Registry, Big Rock, Domain.com, Regtons, Heart Internet, Domainbox, 123.reg.co.uk, NameSilo, and DomainMonster.com.

So, of whole family, only Domain.com is partnering Afternic in their Fast Transfer program.

•••
Any coupons for transfer? None from the above seem to work..

•••
Promo is NOT active as of this posting - announcing new coupon only : smile :

New 15% Coupon Code 15FAVS coupon and offers end December 26, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific.

15541221_10155621189909897_6777537525414829282_n.png

*LIMITED TIME OFFER. 15FAVS coupon and offers end December 26, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. 15FAVS coupon is good for 15% off domains with no minimum purchase required. Maximum savings with the discount is $300. All renewals on products and services after the initial discounted period will be charged at the then current standard list price for the selected period. Coupon is not valid with sunrise registrations, landrush registrations, EAP registrations, pre-registrations, premium registrations, renewals, transfers, custom website design, other coupons, or special pricing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back