Dynadot

Consolidated SuperSales - Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster

NameSilo
Watch

At which of the Domain.com resellers do you have an account?

usernamex

Top Member
Impact
While recovering from the past weekend of scattered deals and in anticipation of the next SuperSale, I am weary of having several threads related to the SuperSales at Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster.

Since the promos often work at more than one reseller, I would love to have a single thread to watch and participate in, if you agree, hang out here and watch this thread!

All NPers are welcome to post coupons and promos here as long as they are Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster. That way we all have a better chance at awesome savings as soon as the promos are live!

The usernamex Guide to SuperSales

SuperSales are promotions done by the family of registrars under Domain.com, including MyDomain.com NetFirms.com Dotster.com

About every 10 days to two weeks, one or more of these registrars runs what I like to call SuperSales - with dot COM / NET domain registrations for bargain prices, $1.99 - $2.99 - $3.99. Sometimes the specials are good for multi-year registrations, sometimes only the first year is discounted.

The super fun part is they let you use coupons ON TOP of the promo, so there have been specials as low as $1.39, $1.59 is more common, and $1.99 is still great any time!

If you are new, the best choice is usually MyDomain, since their renewals are second best (to Domain) and I have not seen the $1.99 special ever offered at Domain direct

A great way to get an account set up is NOT during the frenzy of the SuperSales, and a trick you can use without having to contact support is to buy the easiest to type/remember cheapest domain you can, like whatever ngTLD is on sale for $1.99, that will be your username. You can drop the domain after a year and your account will be fine. Otherwise get on chat and they can set you up ahead of time without having to make a purchase.

To make it easy for everyone, if you can BOLD any coupon codes, that would be super, and if you tested coupons successfully, please mention the reseller where you tested.

Shameless Plug - Support usernamex with these affiliate links:
https://www.mydomain.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839948
https://www.netfirms.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839949

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
what is the code?

Is it unlimited domains for 1.99

Here are some codes which could work. I have registered hundreds
of domains with them and I've reached my limits, so can't test.

Screenshot (649).png

•••
what is the code?

Is it unlimited domains for 1.99

•••
•••
•••
•••
I don't think this is worth the trouble but there is still a coupon from last week

25% code BIGSAVE - It has an $80 minimum, so you will have to load your cart with 41 domains at once! Price each $1.49

BIGSAVE
is only Good Until November 30, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific

Since it would take a while to enter all these names, I tested the coupon by adding privacy and years, so I cannot confirm it will work for 41* $1.99 names, working at MyDomain
If anyone has their list ready and is actually getting 41 names let us know!

PS BIGSAVE works for $6.22 transfers, still $80 minimum (10 transfers)
https://www.namepros.com/posts/5858066/

Tested Working at MyDomain (in addition to those verified above)
$1.69
NVU - Coupon Applied: 15% off your order
Coupon Applied: 15ONLINE: Save 15% (exclusions apply)

Last edited:
•••
•••
I just setup my account and got a bunch of domains for between 1.59 and 1.69.

This is awesome, like Christmas come early.

I hope I don't regret it when I make a sale and try to get it to the buyer.

Is this too good to be true?

I was fighting like crazy on Black Friday and Cyber Monday to get the NameCheap deals and only got a few.

This is almost as good!

How often do they do this?

•••
There must be a catch.

What is it?

Will I be sorry down the road when it comes time to renew?

•••
Welcome to the c̶u̶l̶t̶ club @Cdomains : wink :

Helpful Hint:
Be sure to go in and DISABLE the hosting renewal, you should end up with "Downgrade Account" they have you double confirm out

You can access these links in the upper RIGHT corner of the control panel "Account" with the dropdown options

go here to downgrade - or use "Account" -> "Account Renewal"
https://www.mydomain.com/controlpanel/BillingCentral/account_renewal.bml?ref=cpdropdown

then you can make sure it says "Scheduled to Downgrade" on this page - or use "Account" -> "Billing Central"
https://www.mydomain.com/secureControl/BillingCentral/3.0/?ref=cpdropdown#/

Bonus Helpful Hint:
My card on file is a $5 balance gift card, so when I purchased today I had to use another card. THEN I checked and the new card was on file and I had to change it back to the placeholder card. It would NOT allow me to leave no funding source. And I'm sure I used paypal in the past and I have that removed as well.
https://www.mydomain.com/secureControl/EditCCInfo.bml?ref=cpdropdown

PS These links work if you replace domain / netfirms / dotster for mydomain

Last edited:
•••
New code! Today only 20%
DEC2016 coupon and offers end December 1, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific.

$1.99 COM/NET Promo is still active as of this post - Thu Dec 1 - 14:18:32 UTC 2016

Tested working at MyDomain
https://www.mydomain.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839948
Coupon Applied: DEC2016: Save 20% on your entire order (exclusions apply).

1612-2016x12a-dot_hero.png

Last edited:
•••
Cheapest price for .net in domain.com ?

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Buy one domain for make good site, I hope this registrar (mydomain) good registrar and have easy push, easy transfer and cheap renew price.

•••
Helpful Hint:
Be sure to go in and DISABLE the hosting renewal, you should end up with "Downgrade Account" they have you double confirm out

I don't understand.

Do they automatically sign you up for hosting when you buy a domain?

I was not charged for hosting.

Are they going to charge me for hosting later?

I used Dotster, and when I try to opt out of the renewal it does work.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah I think they do sign you up for hosting. I noticed it randomly one day in my account. I never ordered or paid for it but it said it would be auto-renewed at whatever cost. I disabled it, hopefully.

•••
Yeah I think they do sign you up for hosting. I noticed it randomly one day in my account. I never ordered or paid for it but it said it would be auto-renewed at whatever cost. I disabled it, hopefully.

IF YOU HAVE A DOTSTER ACCOUNT READ THIS

Do not!!!!! set your Dotster hosting to not renew!!!!!!!!!!

I just signed up with Dotster yesterday when I got some domains with the 1.99 deal.

It is confusing because I did not sign up for hosting but I saw details for a hosting account anyway.

Under account renewals it asked me to select whether I wanted to renew the hosting when it expired.

Well I did not sign up for hosting so I set the hosting to not auto renew.

Apparently they give you a small amount of free hosting when you buy a domain.

It said something about canceling other products also if you canceled the free hosting.

So I called customer service to check and make sure.

They told me it was good that I called because when my hosting expired I would also lose my domains as well.

They fixed my account to downgrade to parking only instead of the canceled hosting I picked.

So -
Do not set your free Dotster hosting to not renew!!!!!!!!!!

Instead just downgrade it to parking or when your hosting ends you will lose your domains!!!!!!!!!

Just a heads up for my fellow domainers.

•••

I just signed up with Dotster yesterday when I got some domains with the 1.99 deal.

It is confusing because I did not sign up for hosting but I saw details for a hosting account anyway.

Under account renewals it asked me to select whether I wanted to renew the hosting when it expired.

It said something about canceling other products also if you canceled the free hosting.

They told me it was good that I called because when my hosting expired I would also lose my domains as well.

They fixed my account to downgrade to parking only instead of the canceled hosting I picked.

So -

Instead just downgrade it to parking or when your hosting ends you will lose your domains!!!!!!!!!

Thanks... I'll double check mine. I don't plan on keeping my names there anyway. If I want to keep them they will be transferred out via auth code to a better registrar. Or I will sell them or let them expire if not needed.

•••

So -

Where do you see the hosting part?

•••
Where do you see the hosting part?

On the upper right part of the interface in your main account mouse over "account" then go to the very bottom where it says "account renewals"

•••
You must set it to downgrade to parking, but do not set it to cancel.

•••
Setting now changed. Thank you very much!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back