Dynadot

opinion Can 5L .com ever be as liquid as the 4L .com ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Can 5L .com ever be as liquid as the 4L .com ?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Nikhil Jain

Top Member
Impact
So guys, what do the industry veterans feel ?

Can we ever see 5L .com rising in value at the levels where we see the 4L .com today ?

May be after a year or two or three ? But do we see that future of the 5Ls ?

The main purpose of this thread is to help each of us make better investment decisions for the long term.

Thank you all for taking time for your opinions.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i guess when 4L price reach 6 digits :D

•••
A solid easy to pronounce 5L.com is already worth more (and generally more liquid) than a random harder to pronounce or unpronouncable 4L.com.

But in general, given supply and demand, I don't think random 5L's will ever be as liquid as random 4L's. Just as random 4L's will never be as liquid random 3L's.

•••
•••
A solid easy to pronounce 5L.com is already worth more (and generally more liquid) than a random harder to pronounce or unpronouncable 4L.com.

But in general, given supply and demand, I don't think random 5L's will ever be as liquid as random 4L's. Just as random 4L's will never be as liquid random 3L's.

you were missread the OP timeline, he said "Can we ever see 5L .com rising in value at the levels where we see the 4L .com today"

if 4L today ranging from 3 to 4 digits then we were expecting 5L reach 3-4 digits as well, off course the logic is when 4L reach 5-6 digits price it would be very possible 5L also increase to 3-4 digits.

Is it possible? It has to be, i have been here on Namepros when 4L price ranging from 5-20$, as you could see the price range of 4L today.

Last edited:
•••
you were missread the OP timeline, he said "Can we ever see 5L .com rising in value at the levels where we see the 4L .com today"

if 4L today ranging from 3 to 4 digits then we were expecting 5L reach 3-4 digits as well, off course the logic is when 4L reach 5-6 digits price it would be very possible 5L also increase to 3-4 digits.

Is it possible? It has to be, i have been here on Namepros when 4L price ranging from 5-20$, as you could see the price range of 4L today.
Exactly. I personally had this thought that who could have thought of 4Ls peaking from as low as $5.

The idea to be taken into consideration is the possibility of the same thing happening to 5L, may be 3 years later.

In that case, holding onto bunch of 5Ls today could definitely be a worthy investment.

•••

True. But during the CHIP craze, there was speculation (not sure if it actually happened) of a complete 5L.com buyout without A, E, I, O, U, V. HERE Others, who weren't CHIP buyers, thought that meant good news for all 5L's, assuming the hype was real enough to speculate despite hesitational reasoning behind the initial buyout's core hype reasoning.

4L prices shot up around this time. Several sectors were pumped, (some may have been maliciously through price manipulation, others through naive speculation) and prices have since dropped.

5L CHIPS and other sectors are essentially worthless / reg fee. With the exception of outliers, typically 5L chips that were regged before the 5L chip craze.

It appears random 4L.com prices are on the down right now. Which begs the question, exactly how liquid are 4L.com's now, and how liquid will they be one year from now? ie Will value rise or continue to fall... It will be interesting to see.

upload_2017-11-10_6-55-19.png

http://shortnames.com/llll/charts

Last edited:
•••
@Grilled indeed it would be interesting, domaining world were quite mystery, maybe when every single parameter lining in the exact spot then we could see the 5L price hiked up as OP wished. But until then, we still remain in here in this reality :D

•••
in general, random 4 letter.com aren't that liquid anyway.....

unless you want to sell them, for less than you paid.

real words, certain patterns, pronounceables, along with those that have acronym potential, have most demand

while those that don't fit those categories, are coveted as "climbing stones", because of the hype surrounding the perceived value of"short" domains in general and 4 letter.com, in particular.

these are typically purchased by new domain investors, in hopes that over time, "floor prices" will rise

call it the next level down, from owning a "3 letter.com"

where all of them have "some value", simply because they are only three letters,
but those that fit within above mentioned "categories of demand", will command higher prices.

imo...

Last edited:
•••
for them to be liquid they would all have to be registered for a few years.

good key word 5L's sell very well

•••
Memorability and association is key to going beyond 4 letters . and as pointed out some four letter combos are absolute junk and that wont change with 5 or 6 letter registrations

•••

It will never happen. There is a huge difference in selling out 456,976 four letter domains compared to 11,881,376 five letters domains. The value is created based on the scarcity of the names. Five letters will never be scarce because they will never sell out.

•••
How could we count on domain qty but not counting on the number of the domainer? User (buyer) increment surely will increase competition and the price

•••
Great keyword 5L brandables will always be in demand next to 4L

•••
•••
•••
•••
Maybe after 20 years or even more if you calculate the drops in 5L's.

But investing in brandable, pronounceable and good pattern 5L is and will remain profitable. They may not be as liquid as 4L but with some effort and time can fetch good returns.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back