NameSilo

discuss End of Chinese market?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chinese are leaving or playing

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Leaving

votes
    38.8%
  • Playing

votes
    61.2%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Flipsbay

Top Member
Impact
As we all are witnessing price drop of short chinese chips should we assume its the end of chip market or chiness millionairs are playing with us.

My personal thoughts on 4l was it will be stable at 1200$ but it seems i was wrong and it might go all the way down to 800-1000$ even more who knows, but there is a good hope at 800$.

For 5l it seems we have made a very bad investment so far and only chiness millioners can help us get out of it, which they will not do until they see any profit involved, though i fell there could be a price hike at july 2016 and last hope will be nov 2016 by witnessing if 5l chips are being renewed or not.

Any thoughts will be appreciated

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Remember the story of the blind men and the elephant? Each felt a small part and thought the elephant was like a rope, tree, wall, and so on.

That is us. There is a real lack of information.

For a start, we confuse at least four different groups in China:

1) Wealthy, well connected first movers
2) Wealthy, poorly informed speculators
3) Not wealthy common investors
4) Long time Chinese domainers

Each group moves the market independently.

All i know is :

1# Near 25 million $ was spent on 5l registration only.
2# Many traded for 300-700$
3# Still some are trading for 50-400$
4# 280902$ was spent on after market for 5l chips only in 6 months ( domains that are above 100$ i haven't yet counted the 0-100$ domain sales )

5# 90% out of 3.2 million are registered in almost 6 months
6# We had a proven market of near 320 million$ for 4L chips
7# Market skyrocketed in only 1 year
8# Chinese have only started to trade domain and yet they are losing trust in international market as a pump and dump scammers

9# Many TLD's are bought out
10# Its not they have left yet they are there but we don't have a clue whats going on that's a bit fishy.
11# It's not too big investment sector that is estimated below a billion$ for a billion people who has millions of millionaires with in them.

I am looking for all those answers. Lets see what i can find.

Thanks.

•••
As we all are witnessing price drop of short chinese chips should we assume its the end of chip market or chiness millionairs are playing with us.

My personal thoughts on 4l was it will be stable at 1200$ but it seems i was wrong and it might go all the way down to 800-1000$ even more who knows, but there is a good hope at 800$.

For 5l it seems we have made a very bad investment so far and only chiness millioners can help us get out of it, which they will not do until they see any profit involved, though i fell there could be a price hike at july 2016 and last hope will be nov 2016 by witnessing if 5l chips are being renewed or not.

Any thoughts will be appreciated

Thanks.

here are the ( mostly chinese ) 5l.com sales
( only over $15 USD sales reported )

upload_2016-5-6_16-53-28.png

source
http://domainpayout.com/5lcom/5lcom.php

•••
Sell half of all your Chips now, and keep the rest.
This is the best to do IMO

•••
What average prices on LLLL.CN?

•••
•••
•••
•••
The whole analysis is flawed.

Any investment is seeking return. The only "return" here is from dumping on others for higher price, but no one is buying at higher price, because anyone that held them and tested knows that there are virtually no end users.

If a good quality portfolio would have 0.5-2% natural end user sales for which all you have to do is post them on marketplaces and respond to emails, all 5L.com chip portfolio would probably have natural end user sales below 0.1%, meaning you'd sell 1 out of 1000 at $1000-2000 price range. While your renewal cost would be $10,000.

It is irrelevant how much has already been speculatively invested here, as that is already a sunk cost.

•••
Sunk or Swim???

Quote: "It is irrelevant how much has already been speculatively invested here..."

It is very relevant WHY so much was invested. Hugely relevant. Much of that money was invested in February, near the end of the Chinese influx. Were those LLLLL.coms bought as the tail end of a fool's market or as a strategic move in a long term plan? We have no information. We can figure the odds but we can not be sure the Chinese are playing the same game.

Most Chinese millionaires made their money by being clever. Hard to believe they suddenly got stupid. But I do not know, we will see when renewals come along.

•••

it was very rude to domineers as well!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back