IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last sale was about 3 months ago I think or slightly less

•••
BB inventory has almost doubled in the last 3 months. I wonder if they reach that many more potential buyers.

•••
A year ago there was not as many sellers on BB as there is today and the volume of similar names has increased with more sellers. More sellers selling similar names then of course the sales of all sellers across the board will drop because of more competition.

Last year you may have sold 1 every month but the volume of similar names is going to change your sales. Every day another 30 or 40 six letter domains are added and this volume is going to decrease any one sellers sales. Brandworthy can vouch for this because his style of name hasn't really changed from the beginning when he was making many sales but lately his sales have dropped not because of the quality but because of the competition of so many similar names.

Take the keyword ZEN for instance, a few months ago there may have been a handful of sellers submitting names with this word and maybe there was about 15 domains at BB with this word in the domain but now there are about 75. The more competition BB creates by accepting more and more similiar names the less sales any one person will accumulate.

Michael Krell is the outlier in this sales scenario because he adds 300-400 names every single month to Brand Bucket's inventory so his sales will always be much more than everyone else. He also targets a specific set of keywords and accumulates as many as possible to up his odds. If you study his registrations you will see over and over again the same keywords and the same suffixes. Some of his names are great and some not so great but he plays the numbers game and knows that if he has 100 names that end with the suffix -ly then he is almost guaranteed to sell a few.

His formula is simple, popularity of suffix + volume of registrations = sales. I would also think that when buyers call in to BB they push the house inventory and Michael's names before they push the other BB sellers.

•••
The big wave of new sellers came after the Domain Sherpa show where Margot was featured, and shortly after Michael Krell. If you look at the top 20 listers(by portfolio size) most of them started AFTER the interviews.

So the REAL test in coming this fall.... how many will fizzle and drop out? (pun intended) Once renewals come popping up, i have a feeling quite a few names will be dropped off BB.... Its all fun and games when using coupon codes, but as Mr. Buffett says "Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked."

:)

•••
9 domains submitted / 6 domains approved

locabio Accepted
phonomy Rejected
opaxi Accepted
epazi Rejected
bipzo Accepted
insertor Rejected
acteri Accepted
benefizio Accepted
dynamito Accepted

All in $1800 - 2500 price range.

Still pending logo design

Last edited:
•••
•••
So the REAL test in coming this fall.... how many will fizzle and drop out? (pun intended) Once renewals come popping up, i have a feeling quite a few names will be dropped off BB.

When a domain expires, is it automatically removed from BB ?
I guess they have an automated process validating if a domain has been renewed or not when expiration date approaches.

--

Super Milestone !! I now have 5 domains published ..ahah.

The weird thing is that I have a domain that has been "Queue for Publishing" for 3-4 weeks now.
And the one I had published today was in that publishing queue for only 2-3 days.
I wonder why my other domain is stalled for so long.

•••
Because the logo designers get to pick which domain they want to make a logo for. Some logos are easier to make like 'tech carrot' so I sure logo designers pick the ones the they can make a clever logo for. Also I'm sure logo designers pick domains they THINK will sell before others, because thats only when they get paid.

•••
@DoumB21 their software will detect any names for which the forwarding to BB has been dropped and those names will automatically be delisted. You will receive a email notification when this happens to a name you own.

•••
Cant I change my domain nameserver to redirect it?In the BB FAQ page both option are given ie changing name server and forwarding a domain.

•••
Cant I change my domain nameserver to redirect it?In the BB FAQ page both option are given ie changing name server and forwarding a domain.

Yes, either one is fine. Changing nameservers will get you a BB powered lander instead.

•••
@dv82 thanks man . by the way you have a great blog.

•••
•••
Its kind of odd that BB didn't choose Masi.com as a 'staff pick'

•••

That is an awesome aged brandable domain, should have been labeled as "staff picked".

•••
•••
I've always said that I don't think that BB understand the value of pronouncable 4/5 letter domains. I wouldn't list any 4 letter domains with them simply because I feel they are undervalued and the amount of pronouncable 5 letter domains of mine they've rejected, to me is shocking.

Dorans stats show that by percentage, the greatest sales are 4 letter domains, followed by 5 letter etc. If you go to the likes of namestation, everyone wants a 4/5 letter domain.

I honestly think this is BBs only weakness, they could wipe out sites like Catchy.com and own the marketplace if they listed every pronouncable 4/5 letter domain submitted to them. Not only that, but their users are not going to drop these domains... which can't be said for many of the domains they are accepting right now.

•••
My stalled domain (canaso.com) issue has been resolved. BB were very helpful. Thanks to them.

•••
BrandBucket broke the 14,000 mark today. 14,002 right now.

•••
I've always said that I don't think that BB understand the value of pronouncable 4/5 letter domains. I wouldn't list any 4 letter domains with them simply because I feel they are undervalued and the amount of pronouncable 5 letter domains of mine they've rejected, to me is shocking.

Dorans stats show that by percentage, the greatest sales are 4 letter domains, followed by 5 letter etc. If you go to the likes of namestation, everyone wants a 4/5 letter domain.

I honestly think this is BBs only weakness, they could wipe out sites like Catchy.com and own the marketplace if they listed every pronouncable 4/5 letter domain submitted to them. Not only that, but their users are not going to drop these domains... which can't be said for many of the domains they are accepting right now.
BrandBucket has some of the crappiest 4 letters on the market. Most of them can't even be pronounced. Everyone automatically assumes that if they can twist their tongue enough to make it pronounceable then that makes it valuable. Explain to me how to pronounce TZIG, XATZ, XYOI, TSUQ, XYAU, etc….that's only a couple that I picked out quickly and there is a bunch just like this listed at BB.

•••
•••
Because the logo designers get to pick which domain they want to make a logo for. Some logos are easier to make like 'tech carrot' so I sure logo designers pick the ones the they can make a clever logo for. Also I'm sure logo designers pick domains they THINK will sell before others, because thats only when they get paid.

This is exactly right and is the reason some domains will sit for a long time, and others move quickly. When I select domains for logos, I pick the ones where an idea hits me on the design. I don't consider how good I think the domain is. So if a given name doesn't inspire anyone, it could sit for a long time. Once I have selected a domain, I have 48 hours to complete it. If it gets rejected, you have another 48 hours to complete it. I'm not sure how many chances they would give you.

•••
I was also going to add that just because BB rejected your name, doesn't mean it has no value. It just means it didn't fit THEIR criteria. I know some people just liquidate them, and sure that's an option. I have started to throw them up on my site and selling them myself. Its too early to know if that works, but my theory is that many of these are still worth much more than a liquidation price. I have had only one sale, but several inquiries in the month or so it has been up, so the market is there.

•••
•••
pinnacle.domains Still very much a work in progress.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back