Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi to all,
Recently I submitted around 10 domains to BB on 16th June. I got 2 of the domains reviewed. 1 accepted and 1 rejected. I think thats pretty fast review process.However my single letter dictionary word domain got rejected.:-o
Anyway Kudos to BB.
however i have some doubts and need some help from NP community.
In the Edit Description we are asked to certify the ownership of social media accounts of the domain ( namely facebook ,twitter).So my queries in these regard
  1. Is adding social media accounts mandatory ? Does not adding any social media accounts have any adverse effects on sales?
  2. I cannot see any domains on BB listing with information regarding social media availability factor.
  3. Rel b/w sales only domains vs domains with extension,social media account
what to do when u have the twitter handle but not the facebook page.
Any discussion in this regard is highly appreciated .

What is single letter dictionary word?

•••
•••
  1. Is adding social media accounts mandatory ? Does not adding any social media accounts have any adverse effects on sales?
  2. I cannot see any domains on BB listing with information regarding social media availability factor.
  3. Rel b/w sales only domains vs domains with extension,social media account

1. No it is optional. I've never do so and mt guess would be that the majority of the names listed do not have any social media accounts attached to it. I wouldn't be able to tell you if there is any correlation between sales of domains only vs those that have social accounts but my guess would be that is negligible.

•••
Hmm single word typo. Thanks both of u.

•••
Do you guys use comment box when submiting domains? (explaining why is your domain good for their market)
If yes, did you noticed any difrence if you don't use it?

•••
Do you guys use comment box when submiting domains? (explaining why is your domain good for their market)
If yes, did you noticed any difrence if you don't use it?

I almost never fill that box. Only when the domain is a word in a different language.
I think all my approved domains had that box left empty so I don't see a difference.

•••
Yup I have used it to mention the business area to which the particular domain refers to

•••
I now have 20 domains approved in exactly 12 weeks. Only 4 published so far.
I continue submitting to reach 50 which is my first target.

•••
Hey congrats @DoumB21. Can you mention your success through rate for domain approval.

•••
Hey congrats @DoumB21. Can you mention your success through rate for domain approval.

1st batch : Submitted 43 names, 11 approved : 26% .. very bad.
2nd batch: Submitted 35 names, 9 approved, 6 pending review : 31% .. not very good.

So overall I am only 20 approved on 72 reviewed for a 28% rate. It is very bad. Most people seems to have a 50% rate from what I read here ..ahah. Oh well ! I have other qualities :)

--

I submitted more names but I don't count them in my stats because I knew they would be rejected. Just submitted them in case. And as expected, they were all rejected.

•••
Thanks @DoumB21. Very detailed explanations.

•••
1st batch : Submitted 43 names, 11 approved : 26% .. very bad.
2nd batch: Submitted 35 names, 9 approved, 6 pending review : 31% .. not very good.

So overall I am only 20 approved on 72 reviewed for a 28% rate. It is very bad. Most people seems to have a 50% rate from what I read here ..ahah. Oh well ! I have other qualities :)

--

I submitted more names but I don't count them in my stats because I knew they would be rejected. Just submitted them in case. And as expected, they were all rejected.
Nice looking site Dominic. What WP theme is that?

•••
•••
Oh. Just had a 4-letter approved [ xowt.com ]
I bought this one here on NP a couple of weeks ago.

•••
Life time I am 101/241 on Accepts/Submits, or 42%.

•••
I can't believe I had Cryptolo rejected, don't think I'll bother again, really thought that was a sweet domain.

•••
I can't believe I had Cryptolo rejected, don't think I'll bother again, really thought that was a sweet domain.

They rejected some candy from me
StatMash.com
ActionRush.com

•••
to the ppl calculating cumulative days this and that.. or paying too much attention to how many names equal how many sales.... the QUALITY is 10 times more important that the number of names you have.. YES at a 1000 names or so, you have much more visibility and you crowd the marketplace.. but BB has absolutely great names on there, but have sooo many random ones which have a very finite chance to sell.. but people think 1 crappy accept is equivalent to 1 keyword rich one...
when there was about 3-5 thousand names and I had about 80-90 published.. each 1-2 months would sell 1-2 names (basically last year).. now with the over 13 000 names, by the time you calculate anything, the statistics are changing and it's becoming much more difficult to base quality vs quantity vs sales.

Also before when your name was published, it was always on the main page until it was pushed down by other names.. now if they don't "love" your name, it never sees the front page. This I believe makes a big impact.. I had names that had sold within 1-3 months of being on the first pages.. now someone specifically has to search for your name on a specific category (for the most part, yes I know there's some pre-set categories to search)

instead of registering randomness in the hopes of numbers of names published, register names that you actually would want as a company name and if it doesn't sell on BB eventually, at least you have a gem in your hands and not a one trick pony... if you have 100 names accepted and you waited all this time to be accepted, published and it doesn't sell in 1 year, you have to dish out quite alot to keep them especially since promo codes becoming scarcer.

That being said I'm still up with BB.. but it has been a slow 2-3 months now compared to before which I guess was the beginning of the gold rush ahaha

•••
instead of registering randomness in the hopes of numbers of names published, register names that you actually would want as a company name and if it doesn't sell on BB eventually, at least you have a gem in your hands and not a one trick pony.

What do you consider "randomness"? Invented words?

So you suggest to only/mainly register keywords? (combo of 2 words) and no invented words?

•••
@pokainc Care to share your profile link so we can see what you think are good names?

•••
Last edited:
•••
What do you consider "randomness"? Invented words?

So you suggest to only/mainly register keywords? (combo of 2 words) and no invented words?

Not saying to only do 1 or the other.. The main thing I would say 1) to be radio-friendly (no ambiguity in the way to write it) and 2) based on BB accepts.. Sort of tech or finance related (not saying other categories won't work)
And at the end of the day its someones opinion to accept or not your names on BB.. All you can do is send something you feel is worth someone to dish out 2-3k

•••
Not saying every single one are insanely amazing, but the vast majority I believe are very decent..

Yeah I see a lot of good ones in there. Thanks for sharing.

So at 137 names, you should sell 1 every 53 days if sell-through rate is 5% ;) I wonder if you have had a sale in the past two months?

•••
Past 2 months no.. Had about close to 10% up to 115 names or so.. Which was awesome.. But seems calmer these days (in my case anyway)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back