NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey Michael (if you're still checking this thread), any plans on updating us with some recents sales?

•••
BrandBucket has some of the crappiest 4 letters on the market. Most of them can't even be pronounced. Everyone automatically assumes that if they can twist their tongue enough to make it pronounceable then that makes it valuable. Explain to me how to pronounce TZIG, XATZ, XYOI, TSUQ, XYAU, etc….that's only a couple that I picked out quickly and there is a bunch just like this listed at BB.

TZIG has something going for it in that it is at least memorable, although not radio friendly (is that tzig, tezig, or teezig). The others are terrible.

•••
@hookbox Do you list domains on BB? I often see you give good brandable advise, yet i haven't seen you post a sale or your BB portfolio. If so which is your profile?

•••
@hookbox Do you list domains on BB? I often see you give good brandable advise, yet i haven't seen you post a sale or your BB portfolio. If so which is your profile?
It is no secret I pulled all my names off of BrandBucket and have mentioned this many times. I will continue to give advice where I can because there are many on this thread that are burning money trying to list names there. If I can help anyone register better names then I will.

If anyone here would like to send me a PM with names that you want to register please do. I would be happy to help you and will not scam anyone and register any behind anyone's back. It's not my style. Good name choosing is easy if you take the time to understand the basics. If anyone just studies the names that are listed on BB then they would already understand what BB likes and what they don't but people still time and again choose names that are totally off the wall.

If a person is dead set on registering names on BB then study, study, study what is already there and when you're done study some more. Track the whois of the best sellers, study Brandroot, study Namerific, study the daily sales lists, read the blogs of the top naming agencies. Study, Study, Study!

Last edited:
•••
It is no secret I pulled all my names off of BrandBucket and have mentioned this many times. I will continue to give advice where I can because there are many on this thread that are burning money trying to list names there. If I can help anyone register better names then I will.

If anyone here would like to send me a PM with names that you want to register please do. I would be happy to help you and will not scam anyone and register any behind anyone's back. It's not my style. Good name choosing is easy if you take the time to understand the basics. If anyone just studies the names that are listed on BB then they would already understand what BB likes and what they don't but people still time and again choose names that are totally off the wall.

If a person is dead set on registering names on BB then study, study, study what is already there and when you're done study some more. Track the whois of the best sellers, study Brandroot, study Namerific, study the daily sales lists, read the blogs of the top naming agencies. Study, Study, Study!

Do you mind me asking where you list now after pulling names from BB?

•••
Do you mind me asking where you list now after pulling names from BB?
I have used some of the other brandable sites with some good sales but I don't think the sales actually occurred because someone found the name on the site. I have tracked most of the sales and the majority happened because they followed the link to the site and bought the name. A lot of sales do occur because the person types the name in and follows wherever it goes.

•••
I have used some of the other brandable sites with some good sales but I don't think the sales actually occurred because someone found the name on the site. I have tracked most of the sales and the majority happened because they followed the link to the site and bought the name. A lot of sales do occur because the person types the name in and follows wherever it goes.

I agree with this. Someone in this thread (or another BB thread) mentioned that many of their sales tended to be "upgrades" for companies. So it wasn't a new company looking for a name...it was a company that had a 3 word .com that wanted to get down to the 2 word, or had a different extension, etc.

Domain Shane also shared his experiences the other morning:

Not sure what’s in the waters but I’ve received more inquiries for my domains in the last two weeks than I’ve had all year. And they’ve been strong . Six months after pulling my 10 to 20 names off a Brand and Logo domain type sales site, I have sold 2 with one more about to close. One at less the price I had listed and one for 50% more. But I didn’t pay the 30% commission or the logo fee so I made thousands more than I would have having it listed. Again, it’s nothing against brand domain sales platforms. Its just the commissions are ridiculous for what you get and you get absolutely no data. DNS gives me parking revenue and I get to sell me name for free. The only way anyone could ever convince me to list it with a third party logo site is if they could give me concrete proof that a high percentage of their sales were from visit that are 2nd page or deeper i.e. searching, looking, and buying. I think they came up with a name, typed it in, and then bought it. Not came up with a name, landed on the site, and found a better one. Again, I have no proof but nobody has given concrete evidence to the contrary. If they do I will certainly post it and give them credit where credit is due. In the meantime I’m keeping the 30% and selling more names because of the negotiation flexibility.
With that said, I have 24 names that will be listed there soon and I'm going to continue to put my lesser (i called them "crap") names on there for a while, and keep my best names to sell for myself.

•••
very interesting, I think will wait another 3 months or so, if no new sales (despite a good 2014), I think going to follow suit and remove all my names and put them on landing pages with a make offer form... who knows:
1) might've lost a sale if on a brand site the potential buyer found a better name
2) as mentioned above.. maybe it was a type-in traffic and didn't have to do with the site itself
3) I can list them on any site too at the same time

decisions, decisions :)

Last edited:
•••
I agree with this. Someone in this thread (or another BB thread) mentioned that many of their sales tended to be "upgrades" for companies. So it wasn't a new company looking for a name...it was a company that had a 3 word .com that wanted to get down to the 2 word, or had a different extension, etc.

Domain Shane also shared his experiences the other morning:

Not sure what’s in the waters but I’ve received more inquiries for my domains in the last two weeks than I’ve had all year. And they’ve been strong . Six months after pulling my 10 to 20 names off a Brand and Logo domain type sales site, I have sold 2 with one more about to close. One at less the price I had listed and one for 50% more. But I didn’t pay the 30% commission or the logo fee so I made thousands more than I would have having it listed. Again, it’s nothing against brand domain sales platforms. Its just the commissions are ridiculous for what you get and you get absolutely no data. DNS gives me parking revenue and I get to sell me name for free. The only way anyone could ever convince me to list it with a third party logo site is if they could give me concrete proof that a high percentage of their sales were from visit that are 2nd page or deeper i.e. searching, looking, and buying. I think they came up with a name, typed it in, and then bought it. Not came up with a name, landed on the site, and found a better one. Again, I have no proof but nobody has given concrete evidence to the contrary. If they do I will certainly post it and give them credit where credit is due. In the meantime I’m keeping the 30% and selling more names because of the negotiation flexibility.
With that said, I have 24 names that will be listed there soon and I'm going to continue to put my lesser (i called them "crap") names on there for a while, and keep my best names to sell for myself.

He has a good point. I've always wanted to get some insight in how many sales are done from type-in traffic on the names itself vs searches on the BB site but i doubt BB will share those stats.

Something they should consider is bringing down the commission to 15% if a name sells via type-in. This would keep a lot of sellers (incl me) listing with them instead of other marketplaces moving fwd.

•••
BrandBucket said they take .me domain names. I submitted Cloudi.me and I told them that Cloudi.com is for sale for 130K and that Cloud.me had sold for $22K which it did in 2010. They rejected my domain along with 5 others like it. I have no idea why they would say they take any extension other than .com if they turn down this one I gave them. I have some with them and live-we'll see what they sell. Their support lady Julia has been very good but im wondering has anyone else had this experience? Thank you.

•••
He has a good point. I've always wanted to get some insight in how many sales are done from type-in traffic on the names itself vs searches on the BB site but i doubt BB will share those stats.

Something they should consider is bringing down the commission to 15% if a name sells via type-in. This would keep a lot of sellers (incl me) listing with them instead of other marketplaces moving fwd.
I agree with that. Honestly I am baffled that Margot and the rest of the staff are not more hands on. I understand that everyone is busy but this is their business, the members are their business but there is no hand holding, no tips, no good advice. I remember a few years ago I used to be a member of a site called Brandstack and there all the members were active with each other and advice flowing back and forth. The owners of the site were pretty hands on for a long time until the place started going under.

Margot needs to come here daily or at least every few days and rally her troops and get people excited yada yada yada. You know the drill. At the very least the Brand Ambassadors should be helping people with naming advice and tips also. The more I watch this company the more I think its about promoting themselves and the house inventory. I have never seen a company that is reliant on their members but shun their members so much.

•••
BrandBucket said they take .me domain names. I submitted Cloudi.me and I told them that Cloudi.com is for sale for 130K and that Cloud.me had sold for $22K which it did in 2010. They rejected my domain along with 5 others like it. I have no idea why they would say they take any extension other than .com if they turn down this one I gave them. I have some with them and live-we'll see what they sell. Their support lady Julia has been very good but im wondering has anyone else had this experience? Thank you.
Cloudi.me doesn't make sense. No offense but I would have rejected it too.

•••
•••
BrandBucket has some of the crappiest 4 letters on the market.

Yeah I don't get it. I submitted one: AYQO.com. And it was rejected. I thought: at least this is conceivably pronounceable... Who knows? I've got it up at Flippa now.

•••
Yeah I don't get it. I submitted one: AYQO.com. And it was rejected. I thought: at least this is conceivably pronounceable... Who knows? I've got it up at Flippa now.

I put AYQO in the same category as TZIG, XATZ, XYOI, TSUQ, XYAU. Not suitable to brand a business with. You could argue that AYQO is pronounceable but I don't think that makes it a good brandable imo.

•••
They declined my domain MUEW.com. Their loss

•••
Had my first sale the other day (with around 290 names listed at the time), I*N*V*E*N*T*Z*A.com. Hand regged in April, listed in late June in 'Staff Picks' section, sold within 24 hours of listing. On one hand this sale was motivating, but on the other hand this is still a very low sales rate. Price was also in the lower range, so the take home was not that great.

•••
•••
I agree with that. Honestly I am baffled that Margot and the rest of the staff are not more hands on. I understand that everyone is busy but this is their business, the members are their business but there is no hand holding, no tips, no good advice. I remember a few years ago I used to be a member of a site called Brandstack and there all the members were active with each other and advice flowing back and forth. The owners of the site were pretty hands on for a long time until the place started going under.

Margot needs to come here daily or at least every few days and rally her troops and get people excited yada yada yada. You know the drill. At the very least the Brand Ambassadors should be helping people with naming advice and tips also. The more I watch this company the more I think its about promoting themselves and the house inventory. I have never seen a company that is reliant on their members but shun their members so much.

Ok. First I'd like to say that I like the balance in this thread. To have both negative and positive comments out in the open makes an informed little domainer out of me.

However I am as wary of the positive type as I am the negative. There is always more to the story. In this case I am among other things wondering why you hang around here if you are not invested in BB.

Basically you are saying (my interpretation) that the logo-setup and the startup-nicheing don't make a difference from just a sales lander.

That may hold true for some names. But if that was generally the case then BB, in business for 8 years in this niche, have been flushing a lot of cash and effort down the toilet for a long time.

They rely as much as their users on the functionality of the setup. That they like to sell names is safe to assume. If they had the same numbers with less effort they would'nt be down this road. It's business.

Making claims, especially ones that offer guidance is a responsibility. I don't know if you can back those up.

Maybe you could share the unlisted portfolio? Brandable sales from landers? (my limited experience is that brandable sales from landers are not happening). Anything?

Hard facts could potentially create a small exodus from BB, which I interpret you as wanting.

And I do share a lot of your views and feel that BB should take their sellers more seriously when it comes to stats.

But anyone making claims should back them up. If not, it's really speculation, and not much better than the aforementioned negligence by BB to adress warranted user concerns and supply stats.

•••
IMHO - 'Staff Picks' should not be the default showcase on the main page. A fair business model where people are putting hundreds of their investments for sale exclusively on their marketplace would be to have domains on the main page showcased as Most Recent by default, especially when they now have 14K+ names listed, this isn't a couple years ago when you were competing against 1 or 2K other names - Give everyone a fair shot if we are devoting our portfolio to the marketplace is all I ask. If it's not a staff pick, it doesn't make the name inferior to the rest, end users will like what they like but they won't like what is buried in the masses that they won't come across. Although Staff Picks is a good option too and should be displayed prominently above or near the search bar and would be a fair option for everyone. The display settings aren't obvious enough in that hidden menu box. I don't think everyone is going to go through 10 pages to find a recently added name in the default display, just like most people don't go to the 10th page on Google.

Also, DomainShane brought this same concern up on his blog recently, BB needs to be more transparent with data. As sellers listing exclusively with them, we are their backbone and I think every seller deserves to see statistics so we can make informed decisions on what we're doing. I'd like to know hit counts on my domains, referring addresses, unique additional-info views, cart placement numbers, etc. so I myself can become a better investor. I think it would be affordable for BB to integrate this on their website and as I continue to see the number of listed domains rise, I think it becomes more important we know what is going on behind the scenes.

I'm approaching 60 domains listed with them, which is nothing compared to what others have but these are 60 domains that I can place on several other marketplaces that would gain attention if I don't see that they are moving or getting views on BB. I've invested actual money on them, they're aged, have history, and I didn't just handreg and I'm sure some of them would have liquidity on an auction marketplace as I regularly compete for them myself.

I've sold 3 domains on BB so far out of a portfolio of 35+ (at the time of sales) which is not bad but again the names that sold would have liquidity imo, they weren't invented words like LOVAXEA that I reg'd with a coupon, they were actual keywords using plays on them that common brands use. Who's to say they didn't sell via type-ins? Again, no data, I have no idea, and that's why I prefer knowing exactly what traffic they're getting otherwise I think I'll be re-thinking my strategies for advertising my portfolio of brandables as the amount of money I'm investing in acquisitions is growing. I like BB and wish them continued success, but if they continue to grow what's displayed at this rate, we need more data and better way of being displayed.

Last edited:
•••
They declined my domain MUEW.com. Their loss
Some of my rejections last week:

Gifoa.com
Voiry.com (voir is French for 'see')
iVrai.com (vrai is French for 'true')
Clesk.com
Skoip.com
Ziziq.com
Hovoa.com
iteqo.com
Jelzy.com

I'm just as baffled by the barely pronouncable stuff I submitted that was actually accepted!

•••
If you want data you can redirect domain to some link shortner (no_url_shorteners,no_url_shorteners) and then from there redirect to brandbucket.com/yourdomain

Last edited:
•••
(this is not to offend, just honest discussion)
Hey guys,
Just because it's pronounceable is not enough..
1) is it radio friendly... I think I have only 1 not radio friendly listed on BB which is Stiqo.com...
For example skoip (sounds like Skype), ziziq, jelzy, muew... When you hear the name without seeing it written, I can assure you it's not the write spelling you would guess. There lies one of the issues with those names if a company buys the name and wants to advertise or spread the word from one customer to another.

2) it's not easy but put yourself in the shoes of a potential buyer, but would you spend 1500 - 2000 for the list above?

3) in the past BB had accepted all kinds of names of questionable quality.. I think they might be starting to realize having 8 names that look alike or having let the quality drop makes potential clients more irrate to have to go through cheap names.. (Its just an assumption)

4) the mention that before you had a chance to be on the first pages as soon as your name was published was huge! Now its like you have a diamond in the storage box at the back of the store which may never see the light of day... (This was a big mistake to have removed this strategy).. I understand they want their best names on the first page.. Then again stop accepting bad names and this problem would be resolved.. Or set up a feature page for the top names

•••
Ok. First I'd like to say that I like the balance in this thread. To have both negative and positive comments out in the open makes an informed little domainer out of me.

However I am as wary of the positive type as I am the negative. There is always more to the story. In this case I am among other things wondering why you hang around here if you are not invested in BB.

Basically you are saying (my interpretation) that the logo-setup and the startup-nicheing don't make a difference from just a sales lander.

That may hold true for some names. But if that was generally the case then BB, in business for 8 years in this niche, have been flushing a lot of cash and effort down the toilet for a long time.

They rely as much as their users on the functionality of the setup. That they like to sell names is safe to assume. If they had the same numbers with less effort they would'nt be down this road. It's business.

Making claims, especially ones that offer guidance is a responsibility. I don't know if you can back those up.

Maybe you could share the unlisted portfolio? Brandable sales from landers? (my limited experience is that brandable sales from landers are not happening). Anything?

Hard facts could potentially create a small exodus from BB, which I interpret you as wanting.

And I do share a lot of your views and feel that BB should take their sellers more seriously when it comes to stats.

But anyone making claims should back them up. If not, it's really speculation, and not much better than the aforementioned negligence by BB to adress warranted user concerns and supply stats.
The bottom line, I am here because of my love and passion for brandable domains. I eat, sleep and breathe these type of names. All of us have the ability to teach and learn and like I said before, if I can help I will. I think the majority here have taken what I've said as constructive criticism and no I don't want anyone leaving BB in a mass exodus. The truth is I could care less about BB but I am a firm believer that companies should be more transparent with their members. Especially ones where you have to pay to play.

I do believe logos help sell bad names but good names sell themselves with no logo needed. Will a good logo help sell a good name? Sure it will but if the name is good chances are it would have sold anyway especially if that person already sought at the name. The term brandable is subjective so names that I sell based on landers may be totally different in quality then your names. Seeing your list below I can easily say are brandables are far different in quality. There are many brandables that won't see the light of day unless they are on a marketplace like BB but if they are good I can promise you they get typed in by somebody. I track my sales directly to the source which is the buyer and after every single sale I ask them a few quick questions and one being, how did you find the name? and almost every single time they found it by typing it in. That is direct data right from the source that is priceless. I won't get into everything else I track.

Since you said "Anyone making claims should back them up" so I'll back them up with my knowledge of brandable domains. I am not going to back them up with sold names because I don't list any sold names on this site. There are many people here that contact the new owners pushing their own crap names and that doesn't benefit me when I want to sell more names to them. I let everyone else brag about that, I don't need to.

In a previous post you wanted our opinion about your rejects. Your names below got rejected by BB and not one name on this list will ever get type in traffic. So, no, a sales lander won't work for you. You asked for opinions on these names and why they got rejected. This is why.

sale socket would have been accepted if it was sales rocket. Compound names when the first name ends in S and the last name starts in S don't work most of the time. Salesocket isn't a great name and neither is SalesSocket so they rejected it.

Entwickle doesn't make sense. What is Entwickle?

I don't know what Fraichesse means but it's hard to pronounce and can be spelled 10 different ways.

Mingabyte doesn't make sense. The name has to be spot on if their is a chance for an alternative spelling. Byte or Bite. Maybe MingleBite would work as restaurant name or something but Byte is a computer term and I don't know what Minga is.

XtraGuy? Even if it was spelled right what company would use this name? When it's a name that doesn't have a lot of possible uses then spelling it correctly is important. ExtraGuy would work for something but it's not something you would see on BB.

Witfu. 5 letter names with F suck. If it starts with F then it's fine. U is also the least popular vowel to end a 5 letter name on. A is best, O and I are second and third but either one is good depending on how the name flows. E works if it's a single syllable word but most of the good ones are taken.

Psygno? Don't get it.

Fashette? Don't get it.

Emanesse? Don't get it.

Peptabyte, Nenabyte, Quexabyte, Rintabyte, Tredabyte, Vundabyte, are not good names. If you pair the right popular keywords with the word Byte then it works but using obscure names paired with Byte don't make sense. Maybe they are computer terms but I don't get it.

Solidito is a not so popular keyword paired with -ito which is a harsh sounding suffix. When using random suffixes always try to register the most popular suffix first and work your way down the list. the suffix -ito is probably on the bottom of the list of suffixes.

Hackific and Gasific I don't like. If you pair -ific with good keywords like Bank, Cash, Jet, etc…it would be accepted. I'm not a lover of the -ific suffix.

Invasic can be spelled with a C or K and when this occurs the quality of the name has to be really good to sell and this ones not good.

Flincha is a bad keyword with the right concept. Adding "A" to the end of regular words are great sellers but it has to be the right word. Who would you sell Flincha to?

FlipSheet is good for something. It is easy to pronounce, easy to spell but it just needs the right concept. The Flip keyword isn't that popular for many things though. When registering names always look to see how many names are available with a certain keyword. There are hundreds of good names available with the keyword Flip so it won't be that easy to sell because there are so many other names that a buyer can register himself instead of buying your domain. I would drop every single name on this list and keep this one. It has potential for something.

I'm not going to go through the rest of the names. The best thing you can do is analyze what is accepted and what sells. Once you do that then you will know that names like this won't be accepted.

If you would like to PM with a list of names before you register them please feel free to do so. I will help you register some good names. The best thing you can do now is study what is on BrandBucket, Brandroot, and Namerific.

d i s t r i b o t
e n t w i c k l e
h a c k i f i c
c i p h e r i c
g a s i f i c
s a l e s o c k e t
f r a i c h e s s e
m i n g a b y t e
p e p t a b y t e
n e n a b y t e
q u e x a b y t e
r i n t a b y t e
t r e d a b y t e
v u n d a b y t e
e m a n e s s e
e x c e e d m e n t
s h u t g a t e
i n v a s i c
f l i p s h e e t
f l i n c h a
r e s p o n d i c
d e v e l o t i c
w i t f u
z e l d u
z a t a m
s o l i d i t o
p r i v e u s
v a p e n o d e
f a s h e t t e
n u s o r
b o t s d e v
x t r a g u y
p s y g n o

•••
I continue to be amazed by how people think BB owes us something, or should somehow treat us as vested owners. We have nothing at risk here. If they fold we go on our way with our domain. We are simply using them to help us sell a name that we would have owned anyway, and if you bought the name to sell specifically on BB, that's on you, they never asked you to. Common sense says to showcase their own names first and foremost as they don't have to pay a commission. There is nothing fair about this relationship, nor should there be from the owners perspective. It's business and we are simply suppliers of a commodity that is available from LOTS of places. We are all free to go elsewhere if we don't like the terms. The owners of BB don't need to be more involved or supply anything. It is their money and their investment. If they are happy with their ROI, that is all that matters.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back