BODIS

Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bodis down!

What's happening. I'm loosing $. Bodis has been down since the last couple of hours. The website bodis.com as well as my domains parked with it.

•••
Apologies for the issue. Huge datacenter issue knocked out all power and backup generators have failed.

Techs are working on getting everything back up.

Once everything is confirmed to be fully restored everyone will be credited revenue with a 10% bonus for the downtime.

Not to mention, we are working this week on a solution where we will have two datacenters in an active state going forward. I know how frustrating this can be, I am very frustrated and trying my best to get them to fix the issues.

•••
Thanks for the update, Matt. Totally understand, especially when it's a DC screw up...

•••
Should be back upto speed in about 30-60 minutes. The datacenter outage crashed most of our servers and corrupted a lot of our data.

Once the data recovery is complete in 30-60 minutes, everything should be back online and then I will be working on the credits.

Thanks everyone for cooperation. I am really going out of my way to make sure that we update the setup within a few weeks to make sure that one data center outage does not affect us going forward. Will take few weeks to set up such a redundancy and hopefully there will be no more issues until then.

Will post again once revenue is credited.

•••
It's now working well for me. Thanks 'Matt!

•••
Data Center

When server problems arise or DDOS attacks occur, I imagine some providers don't reimburse clients.

Bodis had my accout credited, fairly, within hours of the fiasco.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

•••
New Guy

Hi Folks

I am completely new to Bodis. Just signed up a few days ago and added 50 domains ... but have many questions. I haven't parked anything in a few years and things have changed quite a bit.

My first question is about extensions. I always try to buy generics with decent search numbers, but are extensions other than dot Com, Net and Org going to earn anything. For example I own Aircraft.US and it gets 250,000 searches. Another would be Cats.pro with well over two million searches. I could go on but I'm sure you get the idea. So far I've only entered gTLDs ... no cc's yet.

So my first big Bodis question is ... are the dot US's and dot Pro's and Info's and Mobi's going to receive as little attention at Bodis as they do anywhere else? And should I be listing my DE's (english) and COUK's?

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated !!!

Thanks much !!!
Charles

8^X

•••
Charles, it's the PPC world. Nobody will send you traffic until you provide some type-in domains (COM's are preferable). US's and Pro's are the last ones which get it.

•••
Charles, it's the PPC world. Nobody will send you traffic until you provide some type-in domains (COM's are preferable). US's and Pro's are the last ones which get it.

Agnost, then what's all the hype about? Anyone can make money with type-in Coms.

•••
Agnost, then what's all the hype about? Anyone can make money with type-in Coms.

Not only. You may have some domain names with a leftover traffic, or even ones indexed by search engines. Anyway if you don't have traffic you won't earn anything at PPC platforms. You might try to develop your domain names to real websites or park them at something like WhyPark or DevHub, but don't expect to make big bucks at PPC until you have domain names with already existing traffic.

•••
can any buddy tell me why on this domain 'meuc.net' ads (mamma.com) coming like this and why on this domain 'onlinepoll.info' coming like this.
sorry bad english

•••
can any buddy tell me why on this domain 'meuc.net' ads (mamma.com) coming like this and why on this domain 'onlinepoll.info' coming like this.
sorry bad english

Because the domain blocked by primary ads provider (google)

•••
Can't get an SMS from Bodis for verification. Perhaps my Cell provider is blocking them. Then I noticed Bodis is based in China. :o

•••
Hi Pezzy,

Please PM me your email or name and I will manually set you to verified.

Thanks

•••
Bodis.com not resolving for me right now, from Asia.

•••
bodis.com and my parked names not resolving from california.

•••
My parked domains are working well but Bodis.com website still not loading.

Nothing to worry about, Matt actually will let we know as soon as possible. :)

•••
thanks the_yehezkiel. im seeing the bodis site and my domain names as well now. i only post regarding down time out of courtesy to others just to confirm or to let them know i can see the site in question. in closing-i am truly grateful for bodis.com and the excellent service they provide. have a good one. tom

•••
Another day. Another dollar...lost.

I apologies for the downtime. It looks like this time our DNS server was hit by a DDOS attack. I've already migrated and mitigated the issue.

Also, I am waiting another 1-2 hours before I begin to credit revenue for the downtime.

PS
Everything should be online. If otherwise, let me know.

•••
s--t happens. thanks for the update.

•••
Still down in chicago at 2:07pm.

•••
bodis site and all my parked domains unreachable

•••
bodis site and all my parked domains unreachable

Since we updated the DNS server it would take some time for the settings to propagate for all users. Try refreshing your browser cache or restarting your PC/modem to see if that helps.

Most should be able to access it by now.

•••
I am still down. In California. Bodis, nor my domains resolve

•••
everything is still down here too .

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back