Dynadot

.biz .BIZ - The OFFICIAL Discussion, Sales Report and Showcase Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Can we PLEASE devote a thread to .BIZ domains?!
They are actually REALLY beginning to take off IMHO! :cy:

Thanks!
Peter

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
•••
I regged enlist.biz, systemize.biz. waiste of money? you tell me because i have no idea

•••
acquired voodoo()biz

Lots of competition and huge potential for this name!

•••
weightloss.biz Sold for $750 on snapnames to domainer (exdomain.com)
I bid on but did not want to go higher as got more valuable domains to come in auction soon too.

In my opinion it was a great bargain at this price knowing that search for this is high and common even if some apraisal sites gives a $300 value to it.

So congrat to the new owner.

Oh I have a question for NP members I never solve. Why do so many hot names are expired? Are previous owners dead and did not renew it? How can owners let these hot names expired and finally get auctioned on various market place with thousand dollar bids?

•••
•••
monaliza.biz

You do know of course that the correct spelling for the painting, if that is what you were going for is "Mona Lisa" don't you? ;)

If you were going for the Bollywood actress I would ask if you have her permission to use her name? lol

weightloss.biz Sold for $750 on snapnames to domainer (exdomain.com)
I bid on but did not want to go higher as got more valuable domains to come in auction soon too.

In my opinion it was a great bargain at this price knowing that search for this is high and common even if some apraisal sites gives a $300 value to it.

So congrat to the new owner.

Oh I have a question for NP members I never solve. Why do so many hot names are expired? Are previous owners dead and did not renew it? How can owners let these hot names expired and finally get auctioned on various market place with thousand dollar bids?

Because everyone is watching .com still, we have just come out of an recession too so people think that the top tier is more stable, when it in fact just has ridiculously high prices for the top domains and high prices for the crap as well...

People are not getting approached with .biz domains en-masse so they never find out that it is better to have an exact keyword for your business than an unwieldy one no one can remember.

I asked about 6-8 months ago if people agreed that in time .biz domains will start to gain traction and I think that while they will never see the high prices of other domains, some will start to gain ground, especially the single and meaningful keywords and phrases far faster than other extensions.

http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/676020-can-biz-ever-have-any-success.html

Last edited:
•••
You do know of course that the correct spelling for the painting, if that is what you were going for is "Mona Lisa" don't you? ;)

If you were going for the Bollywood actress I would ask if you have her permission to use her name? lol

Sorry, the domain is MONALISA.BIZ ;)

•••
Because everyone is watching .com still, we have just come out of an recession too so people think that the top tier is more stable, when it in fact just has ridiculously high prices for the top domains and high prices for the crap as well...

People are not getting approached with .biz domains en-masse so they never find out that it is better to have an exact keyword for your business than an unwieldy one no one can remember.

WeightLoss.biz was an excellent buy IMO. It is a category defining term.

From my experience it is easier to sell the a top term in a secondary extension than a marginal .COM

The price gap between .COM and BIZ/INFO/US is ridiculous. You see terms in those extensions go for under $100 that could go for close to mid $XXX,XXX in .COM

Most end users are not huge companies, they are average buyers with average budgets. These top terms in secondary extensions can be appealing to those buyers.

Brad

•••
I agree, weightloss is a wonderful term and at $750 only it is one of the best pick ups ever...

Truly a million dollar domain that no one has got around to recognising yet :p

•••
stevetata said:

I think it's because they are not making any parking revenue and so drop the domains because they put the money towards their .com domain renewals, which are making parking revenue.

•••
Hedgefund()biz (reg'd since 2002)

•••
Grabbed MobileTraffic.biz the other day

•••
I recently gave a,pointer to my gf to buy a domain before I did ..lol to flip what's ya'lls opinion on this one
22S.biz

Wheels - Rims - Auto Domain not Dubs but 22's lol
Estibot has a $7,100 appraisal on it w 2k exact searches and I think the cpc showed $1.68 (i'm pretty sure on that cpc but not 100% so dont hold me on that part) anyways. I've listed it on here for her lastnight in the make offer section but really we decided to put it there due to our lack of owning much less Sales in the . Biz domain world so any input from you guys would be of great and much needed help thanks in advance.
Ps sorry for the poorly writen post I'm doing it via mobile phone and its just difficult for me and very frustrating for me to say the least.:)

•••
just sold williamson on bido for 130

•••
Just regged Hydroxatone.biz :D

•••
any thoughts on Jess dot biz?

•••
•••
•••
DUILawyer.biz
$1,495
Afternic dls

•••
•••
Sedo sales:
rimini.biz 1,500 EUR
newmarket.biz 1,500 EUR

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back