Dynadot

.biz .BIZ - The OFFICIAL Discussion, Sales Report and Showcase Thread!

NameSilo
Watch
Hi,

Can we PLEASE devote a thread to .BIZ domains?!
They are actually REALLY beginning to take off IMHO! :cy:

Thanks!
Peter

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ive always been a fan. But in your opinion, why are they bigger now, than they have been before?

•••
domainer50 said:
Ive always been a fan. But in your opinion, why are they bigger now, than they have been before?

Well, first of all, I keep on getting more and more traffic to my .BIZ names lately! :tu:

•••
im also a fan but most of my .biz are for keeps for me.

•••
weblord said:
im also a fan but most of my .biz are for keeps for me.

That's great to hear! :tu:
My best ones are "tucked away" safely also! ;)

•••
.Biz is useless, and I believe they should begin to give it a "sunset" period. It was supposed to take weight off .com, but it did not relieve .com at all. As far as I can tell, "biz" isn't a common term anymore, and the extension is mostly used for B2B sites and scammers than anything really useful.

If you get traffic on your .biz domains, great; I get hits on generic one-word names in almost-unknown ccTLDs, but that doesn't make them "take off". :imho:

I'm really interested in hearing the other ways that you think the .biz extension is taking off. :tu: Dentist.biz and Bad.biz both sold for around $3,000 within the past month, but almost every gTLD and some ccTLDs outperform this. I personally don't know of any huge landmarks that would make .biz suddenly rise in popularity.

•••
Steve said:
.Biz is useless, and I believe they should begin to give it a "sunset" period. It was supposed to take weight off .com, but it did not relieve .com at all. As far as I can tell, "biz" isn't a common term anymore, and the extension is mostly used for B2B sites and scammers than anything really useful.

If you get traffic on your .biz domains, great; I get hits on generic one-word names in almost-unknown ccTLDs, but that doesn't make them "take off". :imho:

I'm really interested in hearing the other ways that you think the .biz extension is taking off. :tu: Dentist.biz and Bad.biz both sold for around $3,000 within the past month, but almost every gTLD and some ccTLDs outperform this. I personally don't know of any huge landmarks that would make .biz suddenly rise in popularity.

In a way you are correct...but its NO LESS useless than any other "xTLD", and there ARE more and more legit .BIZ sites every day...
Give it a little more time...but its STARTING to "take off" already :imho:

•••
yes you're correct in many points but you're speaking as a domainer i assume but my .biz is for keeps because one im using for webhosting clients which has about 32 hosted clients atm and the other for my seo services.

always been a part of my core services on the internet. .biz will not take off as .com does of course, way too far fetch but it does provide some nice .biz for me and I know for some people here as well.

Steve said:

•••
Cool to see this thread..

I am happy to say that I have been making good money from buying/registering generic .biz domains and selling them to actual end users. Granted sales aren't huge but the ROI has been quite impressive. Most the .biz extensions I see around here are ones calling .biz the worst extension with no future.. I would just like to say one thing about the .biz extension - Ssshhhh :gl:

•••
nicedomains said:
Cool to see this thread..

I am happy to say that I have been making good money from buying/registering generic .biz domains and selling them to actual end users. Granted sales aren't huge but the ROI has been quite impressive. Most the .biz extensions I see around here are ones calling .biz the worst extension with no future.. I would just like to say one thing about the .biz extension - Ssshhhh :gl:

I actually felt just like you...but I think its about time to "let the cat out of the bag"! :lol:
I would really like to draw at least some domainer attention to this very promising TLD :imho:
I know the hardcore domainers consider this extention as total B.S. (maybe I did myself also :p ), but the increase in traffic to my parked .BIZ sites is REALLY making me think twice! ;)

•••
You gotta love the .biz tld. Pretty good stuff.

•••
I like .biz. I think it's a good buy low right now. Of the major tlds, when .net and .com are gone, .biz is probably the next step for a commercial website.

I was actually thinking about developing a .biz as the center of my online operations.

•••
Huge question for .biz -- and for all the second (and third) level extensions -- what is the effect of all the new TLDs that ICANN is going to dump on the market. In a few years the head start that .biz has on the rest will matter little, and what will matter is acceptance - will the general public, seeing more TLDs, get used to different things to the right of the dot, or will they cling to .com?

This all will likely take place in a rapidly expanding overall domain market, so there is room for biz and the others. Just depends on the public's perception. I have not heard of the .biz registry doing much to promote the extension.

I have several .biz, but I only am interested if they are really good keywords.

•••
SDX said:
Give it a little more time...but its STARTING to "take off" already :imho:
Wow you're patient. It's been 7 years already :)
accentnepal said:
Huge question for .biz -- and for all the second (and third) level extensions -- what is the effect of all the new TLDs that ICANN is going to dump on the market.
I don't believe the so-called new extensions are going to be a threat to the established TLDs.
I also depends on promotion, pricing and availability.
I guess .biz domains get registered because .biz appears in domain suggestions at most registrars when your choice of domain is already taken.

The problem with .biz is that unlike .net .org .info it's in direct competition with .com, therefore it was doomed from the beginning :imho:
So I think it boils down to an image problem, I see using a .biz name akin to saying "look I am cheap, I cannot afford a decent .com" :red:

While .biz is growing (2m domains) it's not keeping pace with .com for instance so the gap is widening and .biz gets marginalized further every day... In one word: JANE® (Just Another Extension). Basically it lacks traction as there are no major corporations/users using that TLD.

For a US-based business venture I would definitely go with .us instead ;)

•••
I know that when I am researching .tv names for hand-regging I see a lot of .biz names available. I personally, have had no luck with undeveloped ones in the past.

ST

•••
Well, IMHO, .BIZ definitely has a brighter future than .ws or .cc (even though I have some nice domains in these ccTLD's aswell).

•••
I like .biz too :) If you have a plan to develop them then you will be pleased.

.BIZ Domain Name Registration Crosses Two Million Milestone

NeuStar has been signed up by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) as the operator and administrator of the .BIZ top-level domain (TLD) registry.

".BIZ is a powerful Internet platform for businesses of all sizes and industry classifications," said Tim Switzer, vice president of registry services at NeuStar.

"In an increasingly cluttered and competitive digital world, .BIZ gives businesses everywhere the opportunity to distinguish themselves, innovate, and succeed in an environment dedicated to commerce. I am proud of NeuStar's prudent, disciplined, and organic approach to developing the .BIZ TLD."

NeuStar has promoted the adoption of the .BIZ domain name by offering Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) in 15 different languages.

Concurrently, ICANN has announced that it will begin accepting applications for new TLDs next year. On offer are benefits like a technically superior registry solution, extremely competitive and flexible pricing, marketing incentives, and a streamlined start-up process that will shorten time- to-market. NeuStar is assisting prospective applicants with navigating ICANN's application process.

"TLD usage is ubiquitous, and I anticipate that this upcoming round of TLD applications will have a significant impact on Internet utilization," added Switzer. "As the Internet becomes increasingly diverse and innovative, NeuStar looks forward to leveraging our technical, marketing, operational, and policy expertise with TLDs to ensure that our partners achieve success."

source

•••
i simply love them too

and have been developing my few biz lately.

•••
Billboard.biz is a really big site that is a BIZ extension.

Recently I have developed:
MortgageQuotes.biz
CreditReport.biz
StockQuote.biz

Last edited:
•••
SMBGeek said:
Billboard.biz is a really big site that is a BIZ extension.

Recently I have developed:
MortgageQuotes.biz
CreditReport.biz
StockQuote.biz

Exactly! There really are legit commercial sites out there using .BIZ as their main extention.

•••
What is actually the highest reported sale of a .BIZ?

•••
Loan.biz sold for $11,350 recently. Not the highest sale but a good benchmark for the extension.

•••
This is what I found:

Meningitis.biz...$15000
Mortgages.biz...$15000
Sport.biz...$14764
Car.biz...$14027

Source: DN Journal, Namebio, SoldNames

ST

•••
I think it's unfair that only certain extensions get their own discussion area. Realistically all the TLDs should. Why is there a .tv and not a .eu? Why is there a .mobi but not a .info?

Personally I like .biz and think it's the red-headed step child of domaining.

It seems as though NP is playing favorites.

•••
i really like .biz ..i like the powerful feeling when you say/add that extension to your legit business name site..:)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back