NameSilo

news Bidding war for 66.biz ends at $69,000 on GoDaddy auctions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ended just minutes ago, with two bidders battling it out after another bowed out at $16k.

Anyone know of any comparable sales for NN .biz?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a nice sale if it holds up. I'd be waiting until it's verified though.

•••
•••
Very budget price. Concerning .biz is a 15 years old TLD extension, old but still strong, steady like a mountain. .com is 30 years old. And 2 identical numbers .com is worth millions, then 15 years old .biz TLD extension 2 identical numbers domain is worth at least half a million at $500k. .biz is the younger brother of .com. They are both unique and goes to battlefields in pairs. One signifies Company, another one signifies Business. They cannot be separated.

•••
•••
Very budget price. Concerning .biz is a 15 years old TLD extension, old but still strong, steady like a mountain. .com is 30 years old. And 2 identical numbers .com is worth millions, then 15 years old .biz TLD extension 2 identical numbers domain is worth at least half a million at $500k. .biz is the younger brother of .com. They are both unique and goes to battlefields in pairs. One signifies Company, another one signifies Business. They cannot be separated.
agreed

•••
I already know you are a big .biz fan @teckz999. This sale will be good news for you. But it is only an outlier. Considering we cannot even give away dictionary words in .biz This sale does put an extra bit of gloss on .biz domains. But still an amazing price. I have 1 LN.BIZ domain. It's value has just gone up :)

•••
It's a nice sale if it holds up. I'd be waiting until it's verified though.

If it was my domain,I'd transfer it away. Along with all those other LL.BIZ under auction (if it really was an expired auction as @BMS said)

•••
•••
It's called shill bidding....

•••
•••
•••
•••
Great news for any .biz domains owners.
My generic single word .biz domain has received much attention in the last week.
The minimum offer I set for the domain is at 5 figures.

I wonder if investors will be willing to spend that much on a .biz domain which is not NN.biz.
Only time will tell.

•••
•••
Great news for any .biz domains owners.
My generic single word .biz domain has received much attention in the last week.
The minimum offer I set for the domain is at 5 figures.

I wonder if investors will be willing to spend that much on a .biz domain which is not NN.biz.
Only time will tell.

I wish you luck by the tons, but aren't there also tons of generic single words around?

or did you mean something more "speficially generic".. just trying to understand a bit.. as I too hold some single words

•••
This is what I predicted when the auction started.
"My" e3.biz and L1.biz are gone from "won" section too )
Oh well, did not care too much )

•••
I have A1.BIZ .... this should bump up the LN.biz a little bit :)

•••
I liked E3 because of "butterfly" look and L1 also has nice symmetry to it )
A1 is great too. So now you know it is mid xxx )

•••
This is what I predicted when the auction started.
"My" e3.biz and L1.biz are gone from "won" section too )
Oh well, did not care too much )
Now that's a bummer. Did all those names go the same way?

•••
yeah, they did, obviously.
He probably sacrificed around $70 each to get them from redemption to gauge the market, get the interest. Probably many will contact him directly and he gets to save 20% auction house fees ) It might be a good strategy actually on high value names )
He might have accepted 10K offer on 66.biz, now he knows it can go for mid xxxxx.

•••
I wish you luck by the tons, but aren't there also tons of generic single words around?

or did you mean something more "speficially generic".. just trying to understand a bit.. as I too hold some single words

Thanks!

I meant to a very good dictionary single word which has 100k+ exact match monthly searches and can fit to any business.
I agree that there are thousands of dictionary single word domains, but it is a unique domain name.

Best of luck with your single words domains :)

•••
yeah, they did, obviously.
He probably sacrificed around $70 each to get them from redemption to gauge the market, get the interest. Probably many will contact him directly and he gets to save 20% auction house fees ) It might be a good strategy actually on high value names )
He might have accepted 10K offer on 66.biz, now he knows it can go for mid xxxxx.

He did not pay $70, he got the auth code and moved them all to Uniregistry for regular transfer price $13.88 but of course you can use your own affiliate code take 20% off. That is max price, he probably got a bulk discount for transfers

•••
He did not pay $70, he got the auth code and moved them all to Uniregistry for regular transfer price $13.88 but of course you can use your own affiliate code take 20% off. That is max price, he probably got a bulk discount for transfers
How he got an Auth. code if Godaddy changed the email address to [email protected]?

•••
How he got an Auth. code if Godaddy changed the email address to [email protected]?

Thanks for asking this question, as I'd really like to know too! I've seen quite a few posts recently saying that you can transfer out of GD rather than pay the redemption fee, but couldn't figure out how it could be done. Don't want to do it, just curious!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back