IT.COM

news Bidding war for 66.biz ends at $69,000 on GoDaddy auctions

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ended just minutes ago, with two bidders battling it out after another bowed out at $16k.

Anyone know of any comparable sales for NN .biz?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
the system sends it to the pre-expiration email address

•••
At Godaddy when you start a transfer out, you receive a mail about transfer details. In that mail you can find a link that to expedite transfer.

This means on godaddy transfer outs, you can wait 7 days to complete transfer, or you can complete transfer immediately using that link...

Maybe he started the transfer process, waited and then expedite the transfer.

•••
At Godaddy when you start a transfer out, you receive a mail about transfer details. In that mail you can find a link that to expedite transfer.

This means on godaddy transfer outs, you can wait 7 days to complete transfer, or you can complete transfer immediately using that link...

Maybe he started the transfer process, waited and then expedite the transfer.

u cant transfer the domain without authorization code

•••
When logged into your account you just click the link for the authcode and it is sent to the email you have on file. I did this after forgetting about Wingo.org, saw it close at $120, got the authcode after the auction was over and transferred to Name.com

Paul Nicks has repeatedly said that Go Daddy will always give the registrant the opportunity to transfer the domain name up to day 45.

Paul Nicks says

August 3, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Ms Domainer, re: the 42/45 day question:
Good question and one that I sincerely hope I can clarify. First, I’ll underscore a point I made in the interview, we created the system to give our registrants the ability to keep or redeem their name as long as possible. With that as the backdrop, hopefully the following explanation will make more sense.
For many TLDs we are given a grace period of up to 45 days after expiration to decide whether to keep or drop a domain. On the 25th day after expiration, after three attempts to contact the registrant, we put our expiring inventory onto the Go Daddy Auctions platform to see if any of our other customers are interested in acquiring them. During the entire time a domain is at auction the current registrant is able to redeem that domain, albeit for a fee.
On the 42nd day we will cancel the domain name if no other customer has expressed an interest in it via either the auction system or a Go Daddy backorder. If, however, a customer has expressed an interest via either of these platforms we will move the domain to their account on day 43. Since the domain is still in the Go Daddy ecosystem we do allow, in rare circumstances, the original registrant to get the domain back via our redemption system up until day 45 which signifies the end of the grace period.
Our help documentation (http://support.godaddy.com/help/art...s-for-handling-expired-domain-names?locale=en) specifies day 42 for deletion because our registrants need to understand that if they do not redeem prior to that date they could lose their domain forever. However, we will continue to err on the side of the registrant when it comes to the edge cases where a domain owner calls asking whether they can get their domain back after day 42.
I hope that helps ease any confusion around this topic.
-Paul

http://tldinvestors.com/2012/08/quick-chat-with-paul-nicks-go-daddy-aftermarket.html

It is very clear for anyone to see all those .biz names moved to Uniregistry and Namebio removed the sales from the database. It looks like now he has added whois privacy.

•••
u cant transfer the domain without authorization code
You can get your auth code, as long as domain haven't deleted on your control panel

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back