auctions The $61,000 bidding war for ShopeeMall.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
You don’t see this everyday, an expired auction where only two bidders participate and go back and forth for over 400 bids and a $61,000 closing price. That’s what just finished on GoDaddy auctions for ShopeeMall.com. A name registered in 2016 at PublicDomainRegistry. Owned by a company called MicroOrange Technologies. The name certainly does not […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Last edited:
•••
Picked up Shopee - Mall . com as a punt .

•••
•••
•••
61K? it doesnt make sense at all, especially when the shopee.com already owned and redirected to shopee.co.id what's the point for getting another longer domain names....

•••
The domain shopeemall.com is listed again at godaddy auctions at $100,000

•••
The domain shopeemall.com is listed again at godaddy auctions at $100,000

the winner think they could get profited from cybersquating LOL

•••
•••
shoppee.com.ph sold for $1,000 last week .

•••
•••
nope .

I picked up Shope.com.ph

•••
I just went and bought ShoppeCentre.com - Shoppe-Centre - both correct spelling English words.

•••
•••
shopee.sg

Shopee is an e-commerce platform headquartered in Singapore under Sea Group, which was founded in 2009 by Forrest Li. Shopee first launched in Singapore in 2015, and since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan, Indonesia, Vietnam and the Philippines

Last edited:
•••
•••
I just .com reg ShopeeCentre and ShoppeCentre (second one both words are correctly spelt English words)

Now that this was a false sale, I'm never going to buy on the back of early news. Damn

•••
Interesting that the domain shopee.com is pointed to shopee.ph

•••
Interesting that the domain shopee.com is pointed to shopee.ph
They have enabled redirect in Philippines otherwise it shows
Screenshot_2019-07-02-16-36-01-95.png

•••
Ugh.

I was so excited to see that even awful domains can fetch $61k but it was just disappointing to know otherwise :/

•••
Ugh.

I was so excited to see that even awful domains can fetch $61k but it was just disappointing to know otherwise :/
What exactly going on! The domain has been listed on GoDaddy again? 🤔

•••
Cybersquatting! How come?
shopee.com already redirect to shopee.co.id
if the one who buy shopeemall.com and paid for 61K were the same legitimate company as shopee.com they will keep it and not relist it for 100k.
why relist for 100k? isnt it looking for profit over trademarked wellknown company brand founded on 2015?

•••
shopee.com already redirect to shopee.co.id
if the one who buy shopeemall.com and paid for 61K were the same legitimate company as shopee.com they will keep it and not relist it for 100k.
why relist for 100k? isnt it looking for profit over trademarked wellknown company brand founded on 2015?
1. The term is "ShopeeMall", not "Shopee"
2. ShopeeMall.com was a running site since 2016
3. They bought Shopee.in as per namebio
4. Not all companies are UDRP maniac

•••
So the owner conveniently got a $61,000 appraisal?
Makes me wonder if the owner ever had a beer with one of the 2 bidders....Hhhmmmmm

Last edited:
•••
1. The term is "ShopeeMall", not "Shopee"
2. ShopeeMall.com was a running site since 2016
3. They bought Shopee.in as per namebio
4. Not all companies are UDRP maniac

as far as i know SHOPEE were not a true word, so it was a BRAND, Mall is a word, the combination were still reflecting the BRAND it self. Not to mention Shopee.com is a marketplace which is similar to the term of Mall.

Shopee.com company founded on 2015, while Shopee.in were registered on 2018 and bought by this mysterious buyer at January 2019, now this very same buyer were spending 61K on June 2019 for ShopeeMall.com and relisted for 100K. Everyone were gambler but depend on the how much money is the stake, perhaps if it's $9 registration fee with risk of loosing it on UDRP were fine, but 61K??? I'm not sure the one who made the call for spending 61K were not the one who own the money... some lazy investor might be bleed almost close to die for this 61K

•••
estibot has a $61k valuation on shopeemall.com . Yet godaddy has a $1,200 valuation .

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back