Dynadot

discuss Beyond Dubai: Reem Island, Abu Dhabi. Don't Miss Out!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am going to tell you about a gigantic project going on in Abu Dhabi called Reem Island. This project is so huge 3 of the largest developers in the UAE(Tamouh, Sorouh, and Reem Investments) are building it. It is even bigger than The Pearl Qatar project that appeared in this forum last June.

- Reem Island is a combined residential, commercial and business project being built on a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi City and will be directly connected to Abu Dhabi City by a number of bridges. The location of Reem Island is only 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport.

- Reem Island will accomodate and estimated 280,000 residents. Some estimates go as high as 350,000!!

- Reem Island will contain Numerous hotels, resorts, beaches, spas, shopping malls, restaurants, medical clinics, many, many businesses, a 27 hole golf course, etc., etc.

- Just one of the business projects on Reem Island is Addax Port. By itself Addax is a massive port project which will contain 5 huge towers: an office tower and 4 other residential towers. And this is just one "small" part of Reem Island.

- Of course there will be tons of luxury condos and homes and villas, etc. to accomodate the huge number of residents of Reem Island.

- Reem Island will eventually be the "center" of Abu Dhabi which is the Richest of all the Emirates. Even richer than Dubai.

- Do a google search to get lots more info on Reem Island and here are a few sites to get you started: ReemIsland.com, AddaxPort.com, ReemInvestments.com. There are many more.

- There are still many good names left. I picked up:

ReemIslandProperties.com

ReemProperties.com

...but there are still many more left. As a domainer if you miss out on Reem Island you will never forgive yourself. Good luck and I hope this post was of help to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$$Domainer said:
If you want to see the most complete list of Cancelled and Put-On-Hold projects in Dubai and the rest of the UAE check out the latest post on my blog:

http://uaemegaprojects.blogspot.com

Good information but please note that this is a global recession that we all are facing. Once the world economy picks up, there will be again boom in Dubai. :)

•••
Hopefully things pick up over there

•••
nicedomains said:
I may prefer to have visitabudhabi.com though :xf.love:

As Smith points out Dubai is bust or boom, Abu Dhabi is moving along at a more steady and successful pace..

True, things will pick up eventually.....but only if/when it does around the rest of the world.

On a positive note: Dubai just got $20 billion from UAE central bank and last month Abu Dhabi said it intends to to invest nearly $230bn in tourism in next five years. D-:

http://www.business24-7.ae/Articles/2009/3/Pages/03232009_8fc1ceec4a88480a9791b5cf46bf5cd3.aspx

On the whole they still have big plans.

$$Domainer said:
If you want to see the most complete list of Cancelled and Put-On-Hold projects in Dubai and the rest of the UAE check out the latest post on my blog:

http://uaemegaprojects.blogspot.com

Scary stuff eh, this recession could'nt have come at a worse time for Dubai :| ...maybe in a strange way they will be better off for it in the long-term ?

•••
nicedomains said:
This means more aggressive online advertising and web expansion.. Could be a good thing for Abu Dhabi/Dubai domainer, developers and speculators.

Sooner or later they'll have to IMO...maybe it'll be sooner ??

Check this out from 2 days ago, although looking at their domain makes me wonder > submitconf.com :sick:

Dubai Internet City goes in search of web entrepreneurs

"Dubai Internet City has urged technology professionals to broaden the scope of discussion to include the development of innovative strategies for web-enabled businesses in order to further diversify the region’s knowledge-based economy towards new age demands – Internet business ventures."

"A l M a l e k said: “While Dubai already has a thriving reputation as a business-friendly environment, growth in specifically online and new media entrepreneurship will be one of the key focuses for 2009."

full article:

http://www.bi-me.com/main.php?id=34510&t=1&c=28&cg=2&mset=1031

•••
I am selling these ones:

reemislandestate.com
(expires Oct 1st 2009)

alreemislandestate.com
(expires Oct 1st 2009)

danaislandproperties.com
(expires Oct 7th 2009)

If you're interested send me a PM

•••
Do you think these names will be worth holding on to?

Skyscraper.ae
Caviar.ae
Airfares.ae
Cab.ae

They'll be coming up for renewal later this year and I'm not sure what to do.

•••
Jingles said:
Do you think these names will be worth holding on to?

Skyscraper.ae
Caviar.ae
Airfares.ae
Cab.ae

They'll be coming up for renewal later this year and I'm not sure what to do.

Airfares.ae might be ok to hold, but the others are not worth it in my opinion.

•••
Thank you, Smith. I appreciate your help :)

•••
I'm selling:

MasdarCityUAE.com

parked at sedo as I have no use for it. if any interest pm me.

•••
I sold Recruiter.ae only 5 months after registering it, and made around $530 of it.

The market is going crazy in Dubai and UAE nowadays, but there are still some opportunities.

•••
Nice sale, Ik :) Can you say where you made the sale?

•••
Jingles said:
Nice sale, Ik :) Can you say where you made the sale?

It was a private sale to a friend of mine. He was interested in the domain and offered me some cash :)

•••
•••
•••
Nice to see a few of the best domains now being developed :tu:

www.dubai.com

www.sharjah.com

www.abudhabi.com

all owned by the same guy (kinda obvious) ....jammy b*£$"%^ :lol:

He also owns loads of other good ones like dubainews.com

This guy owns many of the best possible ones too

www.dubaihotels.com

If you have developed any others can you post them here so we can take a looky, thanks . :tu:

Last edited:
•••
I've come across that guy way too often doing whois searches... Some more gems he owns (or owned at least at the time of my post): http://www.namepros.com/3075620-post10.html

gazzip said:
Nice to see a few of the best domains now being developed :tu:

www.dubai.com

www.sharjah.com

www.abudhabi.com

all owned by the same guy (kinda obvious) ....jammy b*£$"%^ :lol:

He also owns loads of other good ones like dubainews.com

This guy owns many of the best possible ones too

www.dubaihotels.com

If you have developed any others can you post them here so we can take a looky, thanks . :tu:

•••
•••
And their sites all look the same.. Boring!

•••
tetrapak said:
And their sites all look the same.. Boring!

Yeah, they're not that puuuurdy but at least he's now using them for tourism and not just the same old news feeds ;)

Names of that quality deserve a decent budget for developing them IMO.

•••
hey guys I picked up Dubai-Palm.com
what you guys think? i know the hyphen is there but still

•••
Poka - It's skeptical don't be upset if you need to renew it a few times before you see any offers, traffic, etc... Palm projects are at a standstill right now afaik. The Deira project (was supposed to be the largest of the P-trilogy) has not been canceled but the size of the project just keeps getting smaller and smaller.

I actually recently renewed http://palmdeiradubai.com (see minisite). I have some faith in Dubai's resurrection and the completion of these projects someday.. maybe even beyond 2012...

•••
pokainc said:
hey guys I picked up Dubai-Palm.com
what you guys think? i know the hyphen is there but still

Not bad for developing as its two of the strongest keywords in dubai IMO, just so happens I own the non-hyphen version. Its had 8 offers but its no longer listed for sale, I'm going to develop it one day :tu:

nicedomains said:
Poka - It's skeptical don't be upset if you need to renew it a few times before you see any offers, traffic, etc... Palm projects are at a standstill right now afaik. The Deira project (was supposed to be the largest of the P-trilogy) has not been canceled but the size of the project just keeps getting smaller and smaller.

I actually recently renewed http://palmdeiradubai.com (see minisite). I have some faith in Dubai's resurrection and the completion of these projects someday.. maybe even beyond 2012...

That a really nice one but its going to be ages before that gets built, its well worth hanging onto IMO

Hey guys, just read this today so it may be something you may want to consider before buying - Not sure if it will actually happen as they seem to change the rules as often as they make them.

check it out > http://www.business24-7.ae/articles...4292009_3bae092f36f343d8b7747c1bf24e0ace.aspx

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the article Gazzip.

So, this means that the word "Dubai" will no longer be avail for TM registration and current TM holders with "Dubai" in their name are not affected. I guess this is good news for domainers that have decent generic Dubai domains? What is the negative effect? (sorry, I'm not catching on as quickly ;) )

•••
nicedomains said:
Thanks for the article Gazzip.

So, this means that the word "Dubai" will no longer be avail for TM registration and current TM holders with "Dubai" in their name are not affected. I guess this is good news for domainers that have decent generic Dubai domains? What is the negative effect? (sorry, I'm not catching on as quickly ;) )

The only negative affect that springs to mind would be if you have domains that contain the word dubai and expect or hope a company was going to be set up using those keywords.

ie: I own waterskidubai.*** so technically speaking nobody living in dubai could actually call their business that..going by the new law.....I don't suppose that would also mean they could'nt own/use a generic domain though.

...I'm not really sure what to make of it ??? Just thought I'd point it out.

•••
gazzip said:
The only negative affect that springs to mind would be if you have domains that contain the word dubai and expect or hope a company was going to be set up using those keywords.

ie: I own waterskidubai.*** so technically speaking nobody living in dubai could actually call their business that..going by the new law.....I don't suppose that would also mean they could'nt own/use a generic domain though...
Ahh, I see now. I would guess that it wouldn't effect those companies that still wanted to acquire and utilize generic domains. Seems like a bit of a gray area though..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back