NameSilo

Back after a while.. Starting from scratch...Again!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Back into domaining after about a year's break.
I was into domaining for more than 3 years, made a good amount of money and took a break from the business for about a year.

I am starting afresh. Having forgot about my portfolio during this time, I realized that I lost some 100 domain names to expiry, atleast 60% of which I would have renewed.
So, I am starting again as a newbie with 0 domain in my account currently and $100 as investment(which was what I did the last time).

My strategy for this year: Sell hand registrations for around $250 and repeat the process as much as possible.

Will keep you updated with the progress, as and when I get to see some success with this.

Meanwhile, I am reading through the posts here at NamePros, and learning everyday.

I've been a regular contributor to the community earlier and if you have read/come across my posts and found value in it, kindly let me know so that I may start contributing again.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
welcome back ....domaining seems to be stronger than ever this year...still outpaces most of my other investments

•••
welcome back ....domaining seems to be stronger than ever this year...still outpaces most of my other investments
Care to share your other investment.

•••
Care to share your other investment.

To be clear here...I have personally seen more and higher offers for my portfolio and did more sales this year than past years. If you compare my stock to my domain portfolio my domains probably did better this year.

not many investments where you have a chance to make $500 to $1500 on a name you purchased for $10 in a few months

•••
Thank you everyone for your warm wishes. It is really overwhelming.
This is the reason I love this community! There is positivity and the way people recognize and welcome you in your efforts. So yes, thanks to one and all..

Some (probably most) of us are struggling to exit from this industry, but you came back? Why?
Well because the ROI here in this business is something you can't get anywhere else. I am a commodity trader by profession. The returns there are huge as well. And yes, I do know the ways to make money there. I am good with technicals and make substantial money on my good days. But the risk and reward ratio that I see in the hand registration business is something that makes me never give up on domaining as a whole!

Welcome back! Good to see you again Arpit.
Thank you. Glad to see you too @DomainVP

nice little experiment, wish you well

i wonder if any members here picked up any of your old names from the expired auctions?

I did not check it now. Fresh start.. Why brood over lost investments!

Welcome back and good luck with getting into domaining again!

I remember times when most of the new threads in the "news" section were created by you:-D

Thank you so much. I am glad that you recognize me by my work. That means a lot @Arca

Hey

Im back too, but never enjoy much sucess.

One of my problems was my mindset, we see everyone making great sales that we think this is just reg some domains, send email and profit...

Right now im getting back on the game like you? Low budget aiming for 250 clips.... I dont know what strategy you are implementing but i would love to discuss a little more!

Regards

Hi @Domineiro ,

I would love to discuss and pick your strategies and brains too.

Not a bad plan. That's the way to build a domain business with a low budget and, since you already have the experience and ability to recognize good from bad domains, I think it will work well for you.

Welcome back.

Hi @infosec3 ,

You are an inspiration. I have learnt many things from you!! A part of my success goes to you. One of the biggest sales that I made was using some strategy that I learnt from you. Don't know where I read it. But somewhere on this forum only.
If I am not wrong, you were the one who launched the video of selling geo domain names. Although I never got to watch it, since I relied on free info and had bad experience of tutorial videos earlier in Internet marketing niche!
Also I was cheap back then! ;) okay, I still am :p :D
Just kidding! But would love to watch the hidden gem inside it!

Let me be one of the last ones to welcome you back :) Your contributions to NPs have always been excellent, IMHO. I hope you continue your past successes and contributions to NPs. Looking forward to your new posts.

Hello @stub ,

Thank you so much my friend. It is great to hear from you. I am glad that you recognize my work. That comment of yours made my day! I am glad to see that the community still recognizes me for my attempts to contribute in the past three years that I have been a part of it.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back