NameSilo

Back after a while.. Starting from scratch...Again!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Back into domaining after about a year's break.
I was into domaining for more than 3 years, made a good amount of money and took a break from the business for about a year.

I am starting afresh. Having forgot about my portfolio during this time, I realized that I lost some 100 domain names to expiry, atleast 60% of which I would have renewed.
So, I am starting again as a newbie with 0 domain in my account currently and $100 as investment(which was what I did the last time).

My strategy for this year: Sell hand registrations for around $250 and repeat the process as much as possible.

Will keep you updated with the progress, as and when I get to see some success with this.

Meanwhile, I am reading through the posts here at NamePros, and learning everyday.

I've been a regular contributor to the community earlier and if you have read/come across my posts and found value in it, kindly let me know so that I may start contributing again.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Back into domaining after about a year's break.
I was into domaining for more than 3 years, made a good amount of money and took a break from the business for about a year.

I am starting afresh. Having forgot about my portfolio during this time, I realized that I lost some 100 domain names to expiry, atleast 60% of which I would have renewed.
So, I am starting again as a newbie with 0 domain in my account currently and $100 as investment(which was what I did the last time).

My strategy for this year: Sell hand registrations for around $250 and repeat the process as much as possible.

Will keep you updated with the progress, as and when I get to see some success with this.

Meanwhile, I am reading through the posts here at NamePros, and learning everyday.

I've been a regular contributor to the community earlier and if you have read/come across my posts and found value in it, kindly let me know so that I may start contributing again.
Nice please do keep us updated, as I am very interested in your journey.

•••
•••
Hey dude....

Welcome back, good to see you around these parts again :)

All the best with your re-entry into the domaining world....

•••

If all you do is this - $100 budget, sell hand regs and repeat, this can be a practical guide to show newer domainers exactly what to do.

Best of success and welcome back! : smile :

•••
what kind of name you register and can you register some brand able name how can you do what strategy you use i am not enough success here, that's why want to know?
How can i two word mix and create a new word?

•••
Welcome back! I remember you used to be active a while ago.

•••
Good luck with your return to domaining! Not many here give advice in starting with hand regs - but that's how most of us started, and it seems to have worked for you before. Please keep us informed as to how you are doing!

•••
•••
Some (probably most) of us are struggling to exit from this industry, but you came back? Why?

•••
Welcome back! Good to see you again Arpit.

•••
Welcome back! Best of luck!

Now get to work! :)

•••
Welcome back! I too lost many domains years ago when ill and unable to renew when needed. It may take some work and time but you can rebuild...best of wishes!

•••
nice little experiment, wish you well

i wonder if any members here picked up any of your old names from the expired auctions?

Last edited:
•••
Welcome back and good luck with getting into domaining again!
I remember times when most of the new threads in the "news" section were created by you:-D

•••
Hey

Im back too, but never enjoy much sucess.

One of my problems was my mindset, we see everyone making great sales that we think this is just reg some domains, send email and profit...

Right now im getting back on the game like you? Low budget aiming for 250 clips.... I dont know what strategy you are implementing but i would love to discuss a little more!

Regards

•••
Best of luck, it is certainly doable. I started in late Jan with this same mindset up till now, I've sold one name for $1k so that leaves me at profit of around $700 odd. I own like 50 names now and all of them are hand registrations, I have a deal pending which should it complete will put me at $1700 profit. Best of luck again! I would be more than happy in anyway I can, cheers!

•••
Welcome back. Would love to stay updated with your experience. :)

•••
Nice done umerk!

What kind of domains do you target? Geo brandable! Im trying to focus on geo ones, and them contacting the business.

But im having a hard time figuring out the email contacting phase! What email to use, what subject...
Best of luck, it is certainly doable. I started in late Jan with this same mindset up till now, I've sold one name for $1k so that leaves me at profit of around $700 odd. I own like 50 names now and all of them are hand registrations, I have a deal pending which should it complete will put me at $1700 profit. Best of luck again! I would be more than happy in anyway I can, cheers!

•••
Welcome back to the world of domain names!

•••
Nice done umerk!

What kind of domains do you target? Geo brandable! Im trying to focus on geo ones, and them contacting the business.

But im having a hard time figuring out the email contacting phase! What email to use, what subject...
I do that, I reach out to end users. Inbox me and I shall help you in whatever means I can to address issues you are facing regarding reaching out end users!

•••

Not a bad plan. That's the way to build a domain business with a low budget and, since you already have the experience and ability to recognize good from bad domains, I think it will work well for you.

Welcome back.

•••
Let me be one of the last ones to welcome you back :) Your contributions to NPs have always been excellent, IMHO. I hope you continue your past successes and contributions to NPs. Looking forward to your new posts.

•••
Make sure you look at all the forum auctions, there are some bargains to be had there.

I just picked up VRStick.com from a namePros auction for a very reasonable price. Most people thought VR joystick and the owner let it go cheap. I envisioned something completely different and I am going to market it for some good chump change.

122.png

I thought a VR program on a memory stick.... just plug it in and off you go.

Look outside of the box, look for a second meaning for the domain.
Don't know you because I'm pretty new here but not to domaining but I am always glad to see a fellow domainer come back into the fold.

•••
Welcome back! :)

My portfolio of 24 domains at auction at Flippa is currently at only $30 (check my signature) .. hint hint .. lol

Seriously though .. good luck to you .. although I'm new to domaining I'm not new to domains .. and I know that craptastic feeling when you forgot or simply couldn't to renew a domain in time! :(

As @MapleDots mentioned .. go through those auction pages .. I often also find good stuff in GD closeouts .. but you have to be willing to invest the one commodity more valuable than money .. which is TIME! ;)

Good luck! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back