IT.COM

opinion A potential buyer want me to travel to his country.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hell guys
A strange request from a potential buyer for one of my domain names.
He want me to travel to his country to complete the deal face to face.
I have asked him to use Escrow services but he replied that he is not comfortable with it.
What is your feedback guys?
Thanks for all.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Tell him/her/them to travel to you.

•••
Hell guys
I have asked him to use Escrow services but he replied that he is not comfortable with it.
Thanks for all.

Use a lawyer in his country. Let him pay.

•••
What country is it? I certainly wouldn't be going :xf.smile:

•••
•••
Hell guys
Thanks for all.
If he is a serious buyer invite him to your country.
I wouldn`t go for it.
If you agree then he would think you are desperate to sell the domain and have the upper hand on bargaining.

•••
•••
It also depends on the sale price, if someone wanted me to go to their country for a 200k sale and the flight would cost $1000, then I would consider it. Is it worth paying for a flight for a 2k sale?

I assume you would be paying for the travel?
Is he a serious buyer, did he say he was from a company?
Have you agreed on a price?

It all seems a bit fishy to me...

•••
I highly doubt I would go, but it would depend upon the circumstances, and who the person is. I suppose it also depends on how large the sale and how desperate you are for the funds. Could be a nice vacation for you and your family, or business partners.

That aside, if he's a serious businessman with any experience, then he's surely used escrow services in life at some point. Without knowing all the facts of the deal his request sounds quite odd indeed. Keep us posted.

•••
Ask him to deposit $8k into your paypal account so you can book your trip.

•••
•••
•••
Use a lawyer in his country. Let him pay.

Agreed.

I would only go if the buyer was willing to pay for travel and accommodations. I would also make sure I have someone I can trust on my side.

•••
I don't think he will agree

This guy is not a serious buyer. IMHO. Putting roadblocks in the way like this. If he doesn't accept an escrow transaction. I'd ignore him.

•••
Yeah face to face in this day and time . . . got scam written all over this.

•••
Such an unreasonable request sounds like it's only the first problem with this buyer.

•••
Do you have someone in this USA that you trust that can represent you?

•••
I would ask him to pay for my flight rental car and hotel up front. Worst case scenario you get to come to the usa for free.

•••
Don't put yourself in trouble with scammers, beware. If he is realy serious ask him deposit some money in advance in escrow or paypal. They show THEMSELVES from USA but usualy scammers from Africa so pls beware

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
ask him if he is paying for the 3 bodyguards that'll accompany you to your meeting with him

•••
Utter nonsense. What if you traveled to his supposed location, and he changed his mind? No guarantees or security for you, the seller. This is a con.

•••
ask him if he is paying for the 3 bodyguards that'll accompany you to your meeting with him

Yeah, seriously if by some tiny -winy chance you agree to his proposal, just watch out for your security. :)

You surely don't want to end up in a strange dungeon of a strange man in a strange land. @jamaltq

•••
Yeah, seriously if by some tiny -winy chance you agree to his proposal, just watch out for your security. :)

You surely don't want to end up in a strange dungeon of a strange man in a strange land. @jamaltq
Of course I will not travel to anywhere.

•••
Back